Gov healthcare

klein

Für Meno :)
Well we know they didnt take the survey saying they were happy with their health care since they are dead but that did not stop you from using those results.:peaceful:

And whats the holdup over on that side ?????? :

By Chinta Puxley, The Canadian Press
Monday, Nov 16, 2009

WINNIPEG - The country's chief public health officer says Canada is leading the world when it comes to the percentage of its citizens vaccinated against the swine flu.

Dr. David Butler-Jones says about 20 per cent of the population has received the H1N1 shot in the last three weeks. Canada has about 33 million people.

"That's just unheard of," he said in an interview while he was attending an international conference on HIV/AIDS in Winnipeg on Monday. "Already we've immunized more people than anybody else in the world as a percentage of our population."

tieguy

Banned
Do me a favour next time you're in a boarder city.
Check out 2 things for me :
The parking lots at medical clinics, and the parking lots at shopping malls.
Then report back to me, where you seen the Canadian Licence Plates.

I'm leaving on Wednesday to the US.
Besides presents, and just some neccesary clothing (like a winter jacket and gloves to get back).
My suitcases will be empty.

I'm shopping there big time, with the great exchange rate !

Now here Channahon gives feedback from another canadian who has real life experience on how slow your health care system is in scheduling surgery and your response is to say canadians go shopping in the us.

Did you have a real life major surgery in canada experience of your own to provide us with?

You know what mine is in the US . In the hospital on tuesday operated on by friday of the same week. My expected life span with endocarditis is approximately six weeks. If there were delays in the scheduling of tests and diagnosis I might be hanging out with Casey about now.

One of the concerns with government provided health care here is that doctors will not be able to afford to be doctors and leave the business. A lot of stories coming from your country seem to indicate that there may be issues with how long people have to wait for needed care. If you're going to be here at least give us an honest rendering. Telling us that no one goes to the US for healthcare that they're going there for the shopping is a waste of our time.

tieguy

Banned
And whats the holdup over on that side ?????? :

By Chinta Puxley, The Canadian Press
Monday, Nov 16, 2009

WINNIPEG - The country's chief public health officer says Canada is leading the world when it comes to the percentage of its citizens vaccinated against the swine flu.

Dr. David Butler-Jones says about 20 per cent of the population has received the H1N1 shot in the last three weeks. Canada has about 33 million people.

"That's just unheard of," he said in an interview while he was attending an international conference on HIV/AIDS in Winnipeg on Monday. "Already we've immunized more people than anybody else in the world as a percentage of our population."

I wonder if they ever think about the 116 people that died because they decided to wait an extra month before starting the vaccines?

Sounds like some good old fashioned propaganda to me.

klein

Wkmac, I won't waste my time.
It's not the first time you shown these to Libertarian people.

I do know what the Liberty Party stands for.
Thanks to you, actually.

His name should be principle Skinner. ;)

The LIberty Party here, is one of a kind.
Only Party I know of, that if you sign up, you can instanty run for a seat in parlament in the next election, because they can't find enough, even to do that for them.

The problem we face here, is the opposite of America's problem.
Most want healthcare to be equal to all, regardless of money.
And, therefor are against a private option.
But, I'm open to it.
For those that can afford it, or for those that wanna buy extra insurance for private clinics.
Some private clinics have already opened up, and we'll probably see more of them.
And, I approve it. Takes a load off the government run ones.
But, just like there (opposite), people fear, government may take advantage of it, and downsize thier healthservices, until it gets too small or even disappears.
And we end up with an american system, which nobody wants here.

That's the system we had 40 years ago.

Last edited:

wkmac

Wkmac, I won't waste my time.
It's not the first time you shown these to Libertarian people.

I do know what the Liberty Party stands for.
Thanks to you, actually.

His name should be principle Skinner. ;)

Klein,

The last thing I want to do is shake up your small. narrow world! Most here will agree the head covering fits you although the product name may not be your exact brand!

Let me also add this. Until now I never remarked, commented or otherwise on not only the Canadian Healthcare System or anything Canada. I don't live there, I have no interest there, it quite frankly is none of my concern or business. I don't come into your home telling you how to clean, what to eat or dictate the colors of curtains and paint on the walls. Equally, I don't nor desire to do the same for people in other neighborhoods, other towns, state or even countries. Why do I want to be a ruler over others when I seek a voluntaryist society where "NO RULERS" just free individuals would exist?

You however have chosen to inject yourself into the affairs of another house, one that you have no interest in nor have any standing. You want to come here and almost in demand fashion tell us in America what we should be doing and yet you sit there with box on head when a similar critical eye is thus turned upon what you in Canada do. I didn't take a couple of American political pundits discussing the Canadian Healthcare because quite frankly, most of the American discussion of your system either way will be loaded with hyperbol to one degree or another. IMO not fair to the Canadians or to thinking Americans either.

This video is 2 Canadians discussing their healthcare system and therefore it is valid to get other Canadian P'sOV out in the discussion. We Americans should know all P'sOV from the great frozen north. All P'sOV, not just your's should be considered unless you believe in limiting speech, thoughts and ideas!

Would that actually be the case?

Since you are driven by fear (ie I refuse to even look at it) and your own desire to dominate others in order to self assure your own beliefs, I'll make a point that Dr. Skinner made and leave it at that. Dr. Skinner rightly pointed out that the Canadian system is in fact unique on planet earth. No other country or nationstate models their own healthcare exclusively like the Canadian system does. Dr. Skinner then poses a very good question,

"If the Canadian system is so good, why aren't other nationstates copying that healthcare model?

As I said earlier in my only comment about the video I posted, watch the video and as "FREE THINKING INDIVIDUALS" draw your own conclusions.

klein

Klein,

The last thing I want to do is shake up your small. narrow world! Most here will agree the head covering fits you although the product name may not be your exact brand!

Let me also add this. Until now I never remarked, commented or otherwise on not only the Canadian Healthcare System or anything Canada. I don't live there, I have no interest there, it quite frankly is none of my concern or business. I don't come into your home telling you how to clean, what to eat or dictate the colors of curtains and paint on the walls. Equally, I don't nor desire to do the same for people in other neighborhoods, other towns, state or even countries. Why do I want to be a ruler over others when I seek a voluntaryist society where "NO RULERS" just free individuals would exist?

Well, you have posted Dr Skinner before, and Canadian Healthcare.
So, I disagreee with your above statement.
But, if it makes you happy, I'll watch it.
I do know what he stands for, because of previous postings by you.

Again, not trying to rule your healthcare anymore or make any suggestions how to run anything.
Said that weeks ago.
But, atleast let me defend ours.
I just point out what may happen, or history that can't be changed.
Which was probably a mistake of mine to do , too.
Without my interference on here, most of Canada would be totally ill, and waiting for Doctors and hospital beds.
And half the population dies every year.
Now, that would have been funny to read. :)
:whiteflag:

island1fox

:sad-little:A"GOVERNMENT " Task force reported today that women between 40 and fifty should NOT get mammograms???
The American CANCER society stongly opposes this recommendation stating that with the rise in Breast Cancer and the number of Women being diagnosed early --including women between 40 and 50 ---waiting ten years makes no sense . Lets see the government will eventually let a woman get a Cancer check at 39 ---but when she reaches forty --NO ???
Of course this has NOTHING to do with LIFE and DEATH issues --WHO said Death Panels ????
Health Care Reform has not been passed yet --but the government is laying the groundwork on what some of the realities will be.
Of course I will be attacked for this post ----but this is exactly what is in our NEWS reports this morning !!!
p.s. I did not get this from fox news ----I was surprised that it was on what I would consider a "Liberal" network ---Maybe an awakening is taking place !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
:sad-little:A"GOVERNMENT " Task force reported today that women between 40 and fifty should NOT get mammograms???
The American CANCER society stongly opposes this recommendation stating that with the rise in Breast Cancer and the number of Women being diagnosed early --including women between 40 and 50 ---waiting ten years makes no sense . Lets see the government will eventually let a woman get a Cancer check at 39 ---but when she reaches forty --NO ???
Of course this has NOTHING to do with LIFE and DEATH issues --WHO said Death Panels ????
Health Care Reform has not been passed yet --but the government is laying the groundwork on what some of the realities will be.
Of course I will be attacked for this post ----but this is exactly what is in our NEWS reports this morning !!!
p.s. I did not get this from fox news ----I was surprised that it was on what I would consider a "Liberal" network ---Maybe an awakening is taking place !!

ISLAND,

I see you watched FAUX news this morning and are now running with the ball.

Do some research, then understand the exageration.

:peaceful:

wkmac

Well, you have posted Dr Skinner before, and Canadian Healthcare.
So, I disagreee with your above statement.
But, if it makes you happy, I'll watch it.
I do know what he stands for, because of previous postings by you.

Again, not trying to rule your healthcare anymore or make any suggestions how to run anything.
Said that weeks ago.
But, atleast let me defend ours.
I just point out what may happen, or history that can't be changed.
Which was probably a mistake of mine to do , too.
Without my interference on here, most of Canada would be totally ill, and waiting for Doctors and hospital beds.
Now, that would have been funny to read. :)
:whiteflag:

I've posted Dr. Skinner before? Really?

Find it! I'd like to read what I said and what the post was about.
AH-HA! A search is in order.

search criteria
browncafe>forums>wkmac>healthcare>Dr. Brett Skinner

Yahoo search results Darn, not there

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ac>healthcare>Dr.+Brett+Skinner&start=10&sa=N Son-of-a...... not there either.

OK Klein, you know where it is so post up the link!

I'll just let the rest of you take in what Klein said above but laugh quitely as my dog is getting his nap!

Hey Klein, Do you wear spandex and a cape too?

super_canadian_card-p137844011151884807trul_210.jpg

Well when's your half going to kick off so I can post party invitations to the other BC members? We gonna have us a good time!
:happy-very:

klein

ok mac, was a different person from Canada, last time.
I thought it was the same person this time.

My mistake, and I opoligize.

I did watch the video though.
My thoughts about it, you probably don't want to know.
Because, I can point things out that wasn't said.
Only giving the truth of certain things, and hiding the rest, isn't a good argument.

Besides, if a Canadian wants to publish a book.
It has to be meant for the US market as well.
Our population is way too tiny, for any publisher to even take on such a small market as ours is.
And he is hoping for the Americans to buy his book.

I wish him well.
But , like I said, he also is hiding all the good facts.

Just one for example :
It's commen knowledge we have less MRI's , even less then Austrailia.
But , we use ours 20hrs a day. (3 times as much as the US does).
So, 1 machine = 3 of yours.

Kind of like, why we have shiftwork these days.
Machinery works 24/7, dairy, meat, auto plants, just to name a few.

Otherwise, those companies, would need 3 times the machinery, 3 times the Building size, 3 times the property (and taxes) and so on.
Too darn expensive !

He left out a lot.

Even his comment about us spending 2/3rds of what America spends was wrong.

And my guess is, he is one of those Doctors that either works or owns one of our private clinics, that wants more business (money).

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
I did watch the video though.
My thoughts about it, you probably don't want to know.
Because, I can point things out that wasn't said.
Only giving the truth of certain things, and hiding the rest, isn't a good argument.

thats been my point about your presentation here.:happy-very:

klein

thats been my point about your presentation here.:happy-very:

Well, okay, fair.
But, I always did say we pay higher taxes here.

Wkmac left this out, in his posting earlier.
That the fraser institute is another Liberty movement.
(it all sounds good, but it just doesn't work, because of individual greed).
Thanks to the link he sent, this is thier goals :

Who We Are

Demonstrating the benefits of sound economics
We are an independent international research and educational organization with offices in Canada and the United States and active research ties with similar independent organizations in more than 70 countries around the world.
Our Philosophy
Throughout our exploration of issues that affect citizens, we attempt to discuss complex economic subjects in a manner that can be easily understood by everyone.
Ideas that Improve People's Quality of Life
In raising the level of understanding about the effects of economics and public policy, the Institute's ideas contribute directly to improving the quality of life for people of all ages and income levels. People should have choices as opposed to government telling them what to do.

What is Public Policy?
Public policy includes debate, recommendations, laws, and regulations relating to any course of action that may be undertaken by a level of government, and that affects the public.
Analyzing the Consequences
Our researchers analyze the likely consequences of public policies and ask: based on the results of research, what should the public policy be? Is there a more effective solution to the issues and problems people face other than looking to government as the answer?
Support Greater Choice and Personal Responsibility
The Fraser Institute is a registered non-profit organization. We depend entirely on donations from people who understand the importance of impartial research and who support greater choice, less government intervention, and more personal responsibility.

tieguy

Banned
Well, okay, fair.
But, I always did say we pay higher taxes here.

Wkmac left this out, in his posting earlier.
That the fraser institute is another Liberty movement.
(it all sounds good, but it just doesn't work, because of individual greed).
Thanks to the link he sent, this is thier goals :

Who We Are

Demonstrating the benefits of sound economics
We are an independent international research and educational organization with offices in Canada and the United States and active research ties with similar independent organizations in more than 70 countries around the world.
Our Philosophy
Throughout our exploration of issues that affect citizens, we attempt to discuss complex economic subjects in a manner that can be easily understood by everyone.
Ideas that Improve People's Quality of Life
In raising the level of understanding about the effects of economics and public policy, the Institute's ideas contribute directly to improving the quality of life for people of all ages and income levels. People should have choices as opposed to government telling them what to do.

What is Public Policy?
Public policy includes debate, recommendations, laws, and regulations relating to any course of action that may be undertaken by a level of government, and that affects the public.
Analyzing the Consequences
Our researchers analyze the likely consequences of public policies and ask: based on the results of research, what should the public policy be? Is there a more effective solution to the issues and problems people face other than looking to government as the answer?
Support Greater Choice and Personal Responsibility
The Fraser Institute is a registered non-profit organization. We depend entirely on donations from people who understand the importance of impartial research and who support greater choice, less government intervention, and more personal responsibility.

This has a back door look to it. Questioning the motives of the person writing the book?

Why not address his concerns and criticisms?

klein

This has a back door look to it. Questioning the motives of the person writing the book?

Why not address his concerns and criticisms?

Because it's not worth it.
Saying only a small percentage of people have ever been sick and used the system is absurd.
Many had broken bones, or dysfuntional organs.
Esspecially people that have the highest voter turnout (over 30).

I'm not wasting my time even to discuss his book.
Almost everything he said, wasn't appropiate.

That book is meant to sell in America, not here.
You go buy a copy.

tieguy

Banned
Because it's not worth it.

thats the problem Klein. Your perfect health care system has not been copied by anyone else.

Your citizens are leaving your country to get health care in the US they can not get elsewhere.

Meanwhile you keep sticking your head in the sand.
You have no credibility on this subject until you're willing to honestly discuss the pro's and con's of your system.

wkmac

Tie,

What I find funny is Klein accused me of "leaving stuff out" but yet his very copy and paste from the Fraser Institute came thanks to my link buried at the video under "about Dr. Skinner". In other words Klein used my direct link and easily found this information. I guess he does think everyone else here to be morons and incapable of thought and inability to use a computer.

And I thought I was the only one who felt that way!
:happy-very: but with tongue firmly in cheek!

As I said in the beginning, draw your own conclusion!

Did you hear Klein got a job? Yeah, something about using addition and grains of sand!

klein

thats the problem Klein. Your perfect health care system has not been copied by anyone else.

Your citizens are leaving your country to get health care in the US they can not get elsewhere.

Meanwhile you keep sticking your head in the sand.
You have no credibility on this subject until you're willing to honestly discuss the pro's and con's of your system.

Well, next time you meet Canadians in your city getting healthcare services. Let me know. Write down thier e-mail or better yet, let them post here on BC.
I'll go into your statitics maybe , too.
If I happen to get sick during my stay.

The cons... are the waiting lists for people that don't need immediate service. That I can tell you right now.
Other then that,
Same as you, we have medical helicopters, ambulances, and everything in place for emergency situations, and emergency care.

I can only speak for myself.
I never had a problem, being hospitalized 4 times here. And getting excellent care.
Maybe another Canadian on BC has gone thru a nightmare.
But not me.
They are welcome to voice thier opinion.
I don't even personally know 1 single Canadian that has gone to the US for healthcare services.
Maybe you do ?

And no, it hasn't been copied, since we only had it since the 70's.
Basically pretty darn new, compared to Europe.
But, I worked in Europe (germany), back in 1987, the companies paid 50%.
My share was DM 250 per month (about $125). And that was alot back in those days.

And, just to let you know, the American system hasn't been copied either.
You have all 4 in place. No where else in the world is that.
Besides, don't think any other country could afford it.