guns

bbsam

Staff member
UMMMM... not always
More often than not.
And as further evidence of the fear rampant in humans, consider the words of scripture. Adam and Eve hide from God. An angel tells Mary, "Do not be afraid." Jesus admonishes his followers suggesting they, "Consider the lillies of the field." The Bible is full of God comforting our fears. Where's our faith to be? It's a stark fact when Jesus explains to Peter that, "If you live by the sword, you shall surely parish by the sword." Ask George Zimmerman.

tourists24

BB,,,,, The bible also has its share of stories in which violence was used.... you have to look no further than David and Goliath.... should David have just walked away? (ok technically not a gun involved, but you see my point...lol)

bbsam

Staff member
BB,,,,, The bible also has its share of stories in which violence was used.... you have to look no further than David and Goliath.... should David have just walked away? (ok technically not a gun involved, but you see my point...lol)

lol. I do see your point. I would also suggest that it is a point made on the battlefield. If you jump forward to King David, I believe he had a certain general murdered for the sake of lust. God was not amused.

wkmac

If Bob Costas is consistent, tonight he will call for the banning of cars and alcohol after the Dallas player got drunk, went driving and killed his team mate!

And another inconsistency,

"Marketing cigarettes to children is wrong!"

"Why?"

"Because it's harmful and can kill them!"

"So when does the campaign to end marketing the military to young people begin?"

And finally,

If adults form nationstates and in the end use violence, force and death to resolve their problems, why do we get upset when children grow up to do the same thing among themselves?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Sober,

Thank you.

Fox

Why dont you just go for broke and place land mines in your hallways at night? Why not set up some claymores on your front lawn, by the front door, by the back door and then set them off from the comfort of your bed, having never to even get up?

Better yet, why not get a 249 with a bi pod and lay on the bedroom floor aiming at the bedroom door and kill everything from your bedroom door to the neighbors home as the rounds will penetrate all the walls?

Arm up, be prepared! get serious!

LOL, i crack up at these concepts.

peace

TOS

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
But I am not terrified of guns. I simply believe that there is enough "crazy" in my fellow man that the idea that we would all be safer if everyone packed heat simply holds no water. If all folks ever know how to use is a hammer, every breakdown requires the same inanimate object.

I know that you arent terrified of guns. That comment was directed at another poster.

I agree with you 100% that there are a lot of crazy people who...in a perfect world...should not even be allowed to own guns. There are also a lot of people who shouldnt be allowed to drive cars. Or drink alcohol. Or procreate, or vote, or whatever. But we live in a (relatively) free society that, for the most part, allows people to do stupid things and make stupid mistakes because that is what freedom is all about. The alternative...a nanny-state government that tries to control every personal decision in our lives...is by far the greater evil.

As far as gun go....the sad fact is that there are enough crazy/violent/criminal people out there who already do have guns that I want to at least be able to level the playing field by having my own gun if I should ever be so unfortunate as to encounter one of them. We are not safer as a society by mandating that criminals be given a legal monopoly on the use of lethal force.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Why dont you just go for broke and place land mines in your hallways at night? Why not set up some claymores on your front lawn, by the front door, by the back door and then set them off from the comfort of your bed, having never to even get up?

Better yet, why not get a 249 with a bi pod and lay on the bedroom floor aiming at the bedroom door and kill everything from your bedroom door to the neighbors home as the rounds will penetrate all the walls?

Arm up, be prepared! get serious!

LOL, i crack up at these concepts.

peace

TOS

You "crack up" at these concepts because your paranoia of inantimate objects (guns) prevents you from making rational distinctions between ordinary firearms and land mines/explosives/claymores etc.

No rational person would ever consider placing land mines on their property, even if it were legal to do so (which it is not.) Plenty of rational people have made the decision to keep a firearm available in their home for the purposes of self defense. Only an idiot would discuss the two actions (land mines vs a gun) in the same sentence.

If you knew anything at all about guns, you would know that (a) there is no such gun as a "249" and (b) one of the benefits of relying on a shotgun for home defense is the short range and lower velocity of a shotgun load poses far less of a risk to one's neighbors due to overpenetration of walls or doors.

You have made a choice to not own a gun. You have that right, and I respect it. I have made a different choice, and on behalf of legal and responsible gun owners everywhere I would ask for the same consideration in return.

If there were stricter rock laws Goliath might be around today.

bbsam

Staff member
I know that you arent terrified of guns. That comment was directed at another poster.

I agree with you 100% that there are a lot of crazy people who...in a perfect world...should not even be allowed to own guns. There are also a lot of people who shouldnt be allowed to drive cars. Or drink alcohol. Or procreate, or vote, or whatever. But we live in a (relatively) free society that, for the most part, allows people to do stupid things and make stupid mistakes because that is what freedom is all about. The alternative...a nanny-state government that tries to control every personal decision in our lives...is by far the greater evil.

As far as gun go....the sad fact is that there are enough crazy/violent/criminal people out there who already do have guns that I want to at least be able to level the playing field by having my own gun if I should ever be so unfortunate as to encounter one of them. We are not safer as a society by mandating that criminals be given a legal monopoly on the use of lethal force.

I tend to agree with you. I simply disagree that more crazy people with more access to weapons makes us all safer. I'm not looking for a nanny state, but those choosing to use deadly force need to be held accountable to full penalty when they are wrong. Being afraid and firing a weapon is incredibly serious. We can't except mistakes.the free society needs to understand that. They ought to be afraid of firing that weapon.

rod

Retired 23 years
To avoid rear end collisions ...
Claymore Mine Trailer Hitch Cover Available With Yellow Letters

I gots to get me one of those. We used to also break claymores apart to steal the C-4 out of them to use for heating up our food. A quarter size hunk of C-4 would heat up a can of beanie/weenies no problem.