guns

island1fox

I have a Taurus Judge in my nightstand loaded with 41o shells with a tactical light and lasor. I also keep a 45 Kimber and a Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum/38.

Without a doubt my favorite carry weapon is my Berretta Tomcat 32. Small , lightweight and virtually no kickback.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a Taurus Judge in my nightstand loaded with 41o shells with a tactical light and lasor. I also keep a 45 Kimber and a Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum/38.

Without a doubt my favorite carry weapon is my Berretta Tomcat 32. Small , lightweight and virtually no kickback.

I would strongly suggest getting rid of the .410 shotshells in your Judge, and replacing them with .45 Long Colt hollowpoints (your Judge has a rifled barrel and can chamber either round.)

The .410 shotshell round is totally inadequate for self defense. The rifled barrel makes this worse by imparting spin to the wad, which causes a wide dispersal of pellets at short range. The .410 round was designed for children and small people to hunt birds and squirrels and rabbits with, it was never intended to be a self defense cartridge. The 45 Long Colt round is a whole different story, it has a 120+ year track record of succesful use in law enforcement and self defense. While there are better and more modern choices available, I would not hesitate to rely on a .45 Long Colt to defend my home with.

texan

68413_375037589257518_98647683_n.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Find a safer place to live so you dont have to be placed in that situation in the first place.

peace

TOS

Where would you suggest ?

Nyc where people are pushed off subway platforms onto on coming trains ?
Chicago were more people are shot everyday than most war zones ?
Detroit that has become a war torn city ?
Along the southern border where citizens live in fear of Mexican gangs outfitted with military weapons ?
Wash DC where unless there is a function to go to at night , no one dares to go out at night ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Where would you suggest ?

Nyc where people are pushed off subway platforms onto on coming trains ?
Chicago were more people are shot everyday than most war zones ?
Detroit that has become a war torn city ?
Along the southern border where citizens live in fear of Mexican gangs outfitted with military weapons ?
Wash DC where unless there is a function to go to at night , no one dares to go out at night ?

How about Hurricaine Utah, where they are no gun deaths? How about Cameron Arizona where there are no gun deaths, how about Casper Wyoming where people leave their homes WIDE OPEN because the crime rate is so low?

You only chose the most dangerous cities, as if those are your only choices.

This is a big country M8, and maybe you should take the time to travel and see it.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Piers Morgan is correct.

The militia act clearly spells out what types of weapons people could have and what AGE and RACE were allowed to participate in the 2nd amendment.

If you werent WHITE and between 18 and 45, then you couldnt possess a gun or firearm.

Maybe you should look into the gun history?

peace

TOS

soberups

How about Hurricaine Utah, where they are no gun deaths? How about Cameron Arizona where there are no gun deaths, how about Casper Wyoming where people leave their homes WIDE OPEN because the crime rate is so low?

You only chose the most dangerous cities, as if those are your only choices.

This is a big country M8, and maybe you should take the time to travel and see it.

Peace

TOS

Utah. Arizona. Wyoming.

All states with "shall-issue" concealed weapon permit laws. Heck, in Arizona you dont even need a permit at all, but they will issue one to residents anyway so that they can legally carry in states with reciprocity. So-called "assault weapons" and hi-cap magazines are also freely available for purchase in these states.

The hand-wringers and snivelers at the Brady Coalition give all three states an "friend" rating because of their supposedly lax gun laws...yet you name cities in these states as shining examples of nice safe places to live. Odd.

If you want to be safe from gun crime...why not live somewhere near Los Angeles? Or Chicago? Or Washington DC? What about San Francisco or Oakland? These are all cities with strict limitations or even outright bans on the possession of the handguns. These are places where trained and law abiding citizens are arbitrarily denied the right to licensed concealed carry.

According to your logic...shouldnt these be the nice, safe cities to live in? How could anyone possibly be safe in states like Utah or AZ or Wyoming where guns are freely available and carried?

soberups

Piers Morgan is correct.

The militia act clearly spells out what types of weapons people could have and what AGE and RACE were allowed to participate in the 2nd amendment.

If you werent WHITE and between 18 and 45, then you couldnt possess a gun or firearm.

Maybe you should look into the gun history?

peace

TOS

If the 2nd Amendment only applies to militia members...then why doesnt it say "the right of the militia members to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"?

It doesnt say that, does it?

No...it says "the people". The same "people" whose rights to freedom of religion, freedom of expression, freedom from unreasonable search and siezure, and freedom to petition their government for a redress of grievances are also clearly stated.

But hey, dont take my word for it...take the Supreme Court's word for it.

bbsam

Staff member
If the 2nd Amendment only applies to militia members...then why doesnt it say "the right of the militia members to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"?

It doesnt say that, does it?

No...it says "the people". The same "people" whose rights to freedom of religion, freedom of expression, freedom from unreasonable search and siezure, and freedom to petition their government for a redress of grievances are also clearly stated.

But hey, dont take my word for it...take the Supreme Court's word for it.
Well you can't say that the term "people" hasn't had different meanings at different times in this country and in fact it has taken the Supreme Court's wisdom to determine what "people" means.

soberups

Well you can't say that the term "people" hasn't had different meanings at different times in this country and in fact it has taken the Supreme Court's wisdom to determine what "people" means.

Point taken, unfortunately it took far too long for us to evolve enough to consider blacks and women as "people"

That doesnt change the underlying point, which is that the framers of the Constitution did not intend to limit the right to keep and bear arms to members of the militia.

bbsam

Staff member
Point taken, unfortunately it took far too long for us to evolve enough to consider blacks and women as "people"

That doesnt change the underlying point, which is that the framers of the Constitution did not intend to limit the right to keep and bear arms to members of the militia.

I'm not sure. The "people" afforded rights by the Constitution seemed only to include white land-owners. And it was by and for these people that common defense would be necessary.

soberups

Find a safer place to live so you dont have to be placed in that situation in the first place.

peace

TOS

TOS, I need you to help me figure something out.

On the one hand, you blame the availability of inantimate objects (guns) for the crime and violence associated with their use.

Yet on the other hand...you seriously suggest that the key to being safe is to MOVE AWAY from large groups of dangerous people to some mythical location where everybody lives in peace and harmony with one another.

Which is it? Do the inantimate objects cause the crime? or do the bad people cause the crime? You cant have it both ways...if the key to safety is taking the guns away then it shouldnt matter where you live, and if the key to safety is staying away from all the bad people then it shouldnt matter whether the good people have guns or not.

Please think about it for awhile and check back in when you have a some sort of a consistent position to take on the issue. Thanks.