guns

bbsam

Staff member
Due to past liberals and their cost cutting procedures most of the Mental Health centers were closed down and the land sold .
These good do-ers allowed the ill to be mixed back into the general population , while also giving them Section 8 housing and SSI benefits . They were not required to seek any professional help until they were convicted of some serious crimes.
Please bring back the Mental Health Wards.
I may seem cruel for isolating these individuals but honestly for the good of all they need help & care , something that by just dumping them onto the streets will never accomplish .
Of course with that logic, it's a pretty good shot that neither sober nor I would be here today.

over9five

Staff member
I heard this ridiculous claim on right wing radio yesterday morning, and now I see on on Brown Cafe.

Lets put it in perspective, since you clearly cannot do it for yourself. THE CAR isnt designed to KILL PEOPLE. Its a mode for transportation. CARS are not used in the planning of a mass killing, unless you can demonstrate where a person planned to take a car into a school house, and drive through all the classes running over people and then running himself over when it was over.

THE CAR is involved in "ACCIDENTS" and GUNS are not accidents and are designed to KILL.

Dont be an ...... never mind.

Peace

TOS

TOS, you are blaming an inanimate object in one case, but you won't in the other, even though those evil CARS take far more innocent lives than guns.

Instead of blaming "right wing radio" and starting your daily insults, why don't you admit that it's THE EXACT SAME THING.
DRUNKS kill people, not CARS.
PSYCHOS kill people, not GUNS.

If we ban GUNS, we should also ban CARS which kill many more people than GUNS.

It's not rocket science, think about it. If you need more help, I'm here for you my friend.

bbsam

Staff member
sidebox-child-soldier-r1.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
TOS, you are blaming an inanimate object in one case, but you won't in the other, even though those evil CARS take far more innocent lives than guns.

Instead of blaming "right wing radio" and starting your daily insults, why don't you admit that it's THE EXACT SAME THING.

It's not rocket science, think about it. If you need more help, I'm here for you my friend.
And do you rail against car laws?

over9five

Staff member
We have laws that you can't drive drunk.
We have laws that you can't randomly shoot people.

I'm saying it's the same thing. If you ban the guns for shootings, you also should ban cars for vehicular homicides.

bbsam

Staff member
We have laws that you can't drive drunk.
We have laws that you can't randomly shoot people.

I'm saying it's the same thing. If you ban the guns for shootings, you also should ban cars for vehicular homicides.
See? You don't even know how to think about the issue. You jump straight to banning. I'm not talking about banning. That's not going to happen. So where do we go instead?

moreluck

golden ticket member
See? You don't even know how to think about the issue. You jump straight to banning. I'm not talking about banning. That's not going to happen. So where do we go instead?

Heavily anmed guards at the schools and metal detectors.....not TSA flunkies!!

Certainly not criminal proof totally, even jewelry stores that "buzz" people in get robbed!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Given the current state of this economy , only the people who can afford to buy fuel for their cars will be able to kill people with their cars .
Thus the only option is for the price of fuel to double & triple , thus making the world a safer place.

island1fox

That may very well be true fox,but countries that exercise gun control,have far less gun related deaths
than the USA. C'mon 9000 people? What is this Nicaragua?
Over time,they could try to reduce the amount of guns in the USA.
400,000,000 guns is overkill.I'm not saying it will be easy,maybe amnesty for owners,
and severe penaltys for carrying without a permit.People with guns could keep them by
registering them,but all new applicants would be scrutinized carefully.
America needs to lose the cowboy mentality.

DS,

Never said anything about gun registration and tough and enforced gun laws.

Want to stop gang gun violence ?--If you are caught with an illegal gun in your possession --LIFE IN PRISON. Tough enough. Of course the Libs would be against that.

Yesterday in Cabelas I purchased a small twenty caliber. I have never even had a speeding ticket --never mind any criminal activity.

As a senior citizen and retired and well respected member of the community ----I had to go through FORTY FIVE minutes of filling out State and FEDERAL forms --this is even with my Licensed Carry Permit , picture Drivers license and Passport.

These thugs and creeps that have guns illegally --Kill people --and the cry goes out to confiscate MY guns ???? No sense.

The next RAPE occurence in Canada -----Should we cut Klein's Hotdog off ??? A penis does not Rape ---a Rapist DOES.

A gun does not kill ------A murderer does ---same people that yell about taking my gun ----would protest if the School Killer was alive and facing a death sentence. Just twisted logic !!

No cowboy here ---Just a FREEDOM loving American.:wink2:

island1fox

TOS,

We have car laws ---not a ban on cars

We have gun laws --Make the PENALTIES much tougher for Illegal guns --like LIFE IN PRISON --would you support that ??

On the next RAPE --should we have a concealed carry ban on a Penis ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
LIMA, Ohio -- A woman suddenly drove her car into a crowded town square in northwest Ohio, injuring 20 to 25 people, some of whom were pinned under the car and freed when bystanders lifted it, authorities and witnesses said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...ens-injured.html?nclick_check=1#ixzz2F8pQUf5h

(Reuters) - A Dutchman deliberately drove his car toward an open bus carrying Queen Beatrix and her family on Thursday, killing five people and injuring 12 in a crowd watching the parade.

'25 hurt' as car driven into crowd in Ohio

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 05:46 PM

Old Man Drives Car into Crowd of People

http://www.keepbusy.net/play.php?id=old-man-drives-car-into-crowd-of-people

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- A car struck worshippers after a Good Friday church service in Pennsylvania, killing one woman and injuring four others, an official said.

CLEVELAND, July 30 (UPI) -- A 35-year-old man was arrested after he drove his car through a barricade into a festival in Cleveland, killing one person and injuring four, police said.

Read more: Car driven into Cleveland crowd, injures 4, kills 1 - UPI.com

Seattle, Washington (NBC) - Six people were injured when a man drove his car into a crowd outside a Seattle bar early Saturday.

Six people were standing in the street at closing time. A car driven by a man in his early twenties slammed into the group.

Witnesses say the car was going so fast the victims were tossed in the air and over the car.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Somehow , you manage to equate "ACCIDENTS" with "MURDERS".... even in a drunk driving case, there can be a murder charge or a manslaughter charge involving a car. Its the intention and circumstance that makes the separation.

WITH A GUN... THERE IS NO MISTAKE, and THERE IS NO ACCIDENT.

There is only INTENTION. The INTENTION of taking those guns to a school was to kill human beings with the most powerful weapons he could find.

A drunk doesnt leave home with a car and plan to kill anyone.

The shooter has a clear mind and a clear plan.

The drunk is in a incapacitated state and follows NO PLAN until they are involved in an accident.

Peace

TOS

Last edited by a moderator:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
LIMA, Ohio -- A woman suddenly drove her car into a crowded town square in northwest Ohio, injuring 20 to 25 people, some of whom were pinned under the car and freed when bystanders lifted it, authorities and witnesses said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...ens-injured.html?nclick_check=1#ixzz2F8pQUf5h

(Reuters) - A Dutchman deliberately drove his car toward an open bus carrying Queen Beatrix and her family on Thursday, killing five people and injuring 12 in a crowd watching the parade.

'25 hurt' as car driven into crowd in Ohio

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 05:46 PM

Old Man Drives Car into Crowd of People

http://www.keepbusy.net/play.php?id=old-man-drives-car-into-crowd-of-people

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- A car struck worshippers after a Good Friday church service in Pennsylvania, killing one woman and injuring four others, an official said.

CLEVELAND, July 30 (UPI) -- A 35-year-old man was arrested after he drove his car through a barricade into a festival in Cleveland, killing one person and injuring four, police said.

Read more: Car driven into Cleveland crowd, injures 4, kills 1 - UPI.com

Seattle, Washington (NBC) - Six people were injured when a man drove his car into a crowd outside a Seattle bar early Saturday.

Six people were standing in the street at closing time. A car driven by a man in his early twenties slammed into the group.

Witnesses say the car was going so fast the victims were tossed in the air and over the car.

You want to post stories of old farts driving cars into people? that happens all the time. How is that the same as a 20 year old walking into a school and deliberately killing children and administrators?

Please, your desperation to be relevent is laughable at best.

peace

TOS