guns

bbsam

Staff member
I guess you have never been to Chicago.

162791z.jpg
Libya has no gun control. I think Chicago is safer.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMjktMS0xLmpwZw.jpg

I picked up my late Christmas present from my wife today. I bought a Glock 23 Gen 4 made in good old Smryna, GA from a Law Enforcement supplier in the same city. I joined the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation and got a good discount at $425 for it.

804brown

To the gun fundamentalists/2nd amendment nuts on this forum: what part of "well regulated" dont you get?? No one should have the "liberty/freedom" to own EVERY or ANY weapon they want!! No right is absolute, ie the first amendment. You possessing one of these WMDs is akin to shouting fire in a movie theater!! Tell me do you feel violated of your "freedom" when there are seat belt "regulations" or stop signs or traffic lights or speed limits?? Arent they limiting your "freedom" to travel ??

No one except the military and the police should have access to such military-type weapons. Oh poor baby cant shoot his wittle AR 15 at the widdle cway pidgeons. Get over it!! Be responsible!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I picked up my late Christmas present from my wife today. I bought a Glock 23 Gen 4 made in good old Smryna, GA from a Law Enforcement supplier in the same city. I joined the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation and got a good discount at $425 for it.

Cool! You'll have to come over and shoot sometime.
We can shoot on my land ... sounds like a gun range some days around here.
Somebody has a large caliber automatic gun that they shoot on Sundays.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMzItMS0xLmpwZw.jpg

I picked up a couple of these after the election from Palmetto State Armory for $69 apiece too. They are supposed to be blemished, but I didn't see anything wrong with either one. My nephew told me yesterday that he had to pay $250 for one recently. I am planning to custom build a 24" flat top for me, the other one I bought as an investment.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMjktMS0xLmpwZw.jpg

Aha! Crazed gun owner! Look at all those magazines! You're a massacre waiting to happen.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Aha! Crazed gun owner! Look at all those magazines! You're a massacre waiting to happen.

Yeah I know, I bought a couple of boxes of ammo, I had to fight the urge to load all three magazines and start shooting at people when I was driving home. Thank God I didn't have my AR with four 30 round magazines, I probably wouldn't have made it back to my un-gated community where I cower in fear like all the other old white guys.

over9five

Staff member
Yeah I know, I bought a couple of boxes of ammo, I had to fight the urge to load all three magazines and start shooting at people when I was driving home. Thank God I didn't have my AR with four 30 round magazines, I probably wouldn't have made it back to my un-gated community where I cower in fear like all the other old white guys.
Man, you sound pretty close to snapping. Hopefully, the old lady's faithful!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The same Bubba who in 1998 proposed putting cops in schools, the same plan the left relentlessly mocked the NRA for proposing last week.

Via NRO:
California senator Dianne Feinstein said in a press conference last week that President Clinton may be involved in helping Senate Democrats draft the gun-control legislation they plan to bring to the floor in the coming month. “Yesterday, President Clinton called and said if there’s anything he can do to help, he will do it,” she said.

Ironically, it was Clinton who, in 1998, spearheaded a program akin to the school safety initiative proposed by NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre on Friday, which was widely criticized by Democrats, that would put armed guards in schools across the country.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I picked up a couple of these after the election from Palmetto State Armory for $69 apiece too. They are supposed to be blemished, but I didn't see anything wrong with either one.

I only see 1 problem..

They aren't milled.... so you can convert them to "full auto".

Total fail. :happy-very:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The irony of current events is simple. If people want to talk badly about blacks and other minorities, its Ok. If the subject turns to white people, then the posts get edited out and nobody can view the opinions.

Its pretty clear, that a majority of the gun owners on this thread are older white men, and being a part of a rampaging segment of society must hit home pretty hard to the point where no one wants to be called out.

Pathetic.

Peace

TOS

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
To the gun fundamentalists/2nd amendment nuts on this forum: what part of "well regulated" dont you get?? No one should have the "liberty/freedom" to own EVERY or ANY weapon they want!! No right is absolute, ie the first amendment. You possessing one of these WMDs is akin to shouting fire in a movie theater!! Tell me do you feel violated of your "freedom" when there are seat belt "regulations" or stop signs or traffic lights or speed limits?? Arent they limiting your "freedom" to travel ??

No one except the military and the police should have access to such military-type weapons. Oh poor baby cant shoot his wittle AR 15 at the widdle cway pidgeons. Get over it!! Be responsible!!

Nobody ever said that we should have "any weapon we want." Fully automatic weapons are already illegal, and the time, place and manner in which weapons are used is strictly controlled.

An AR-15 isnt a "WMD"...it is nothing more than a conventional semi-automatic rifle that fires a relatively low-powered cartridge. It functions in the same general way as other semi-automatic rifles that have been around for over 100 years. The fact that it "looks" like a military weapon does not make it any more or less deadly than any other rifle.

Adam Lanza didnt need an AR-15 to slaughter children at Sandy Hook. Since he was in a "gun free zone" there was nobody present who had the means to stop him. He was a lunatic with a monopoly of force. The outcome would have been the same if he had been armed with a conventional lever-action hunting rifle and a couple of revolvers. Focusing on the tools he used makes about as much sense as blaming Ford Motor company or Budweiser beer for the fact that some idiot gets drunk and runs someone over in a Taurus. The type of alcohol consumed or the vehicle driven is irrelevant to the outcome of the drunk driver killing someone.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That paper in N.Y. that outed the gun owners could have their "prank" backfire. Now the bad guys know which homes to rob that are gun free !!

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
sober, You have a number of strawman arguments that I won't address, but saying a Bushmaster .223 is not a high powered rifle contradicts Bushmaster's own description. The .223 is the NATO standard. There is plenty of stopping power and range in a AR-15.

Guns are made to kill. That is there only purpose.