guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I doubt that Obama himself had any involvement in that decision, that sort of thing is the Secret Service's department. Not saying I agree with it, although I can understand why the SS would want to take the precaution. I remember a few years back our local Chiel of Police was invited back to DC to meet the President ( I think it was Bush) and they wouldnt allow him to wear his service revolver.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Take a close look at the M-14 rifles the Marines where carrying at Obama’s second inauguration. The bolts have been removed from the rifles rendering them unable to fire a round.
Apparently Obama’s Secret Service doesn’t trust the USMC. Simply searching each guy to make sure he didn’t have a live round hidden on him wasn’t enough, they had to make sure the guns were inoperable.
Moonbattery

I believe I've heard that previously they couldn't have the sword either! Maybe if they put a cork on the end......

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
ogl7hd.jpg

Internet offers sick support for ex-cop and alleged murder Christopher Dorner | The Daily Caller

UPS Lifer

One of the members of my gun club is a 3rd grade teacher. He has a permit, and he carries concealed at all times at the school he teaches at.

This guy has already given some thought to what he might do if faced with a Sandy Hook or VA Tech-type scenario. His plan is to have his students get under their desks while he crouches behind his and covers the door with his weapon. He carries an airweight. 38 snubnose revolver with a Crimson Trace laser sight on it, and to avoid the risk of overpenetration/stray bullets he loads it with +P Glaser Safety Slugs. These are thin-walled "cannisters" containing BB's that will penetrate a couple of inches at most into a solid object before detonating. If they hit drywall or sheetrock, they will fragment prior to exiting thus posing little risk to anyone on the other side. If they hit concrete they will break up rather than riccochet. If they hit a human body...they will go in a couple of inches and explode, making an absolultely devastating entrance wound but no exit wound. This guys desk is 8 feet from the door, and at that range...from a rest with the laser sight...head shots on a would-be assailant will be a piece of cake. Whatever else happens in that building, no way in hell will anybody be able to get in and hurt his kids.

These rounds are very expensive. I think I paid around $18 for 7 rounds. So I put 4 in one mag and 3 in the back up mag. Like you said, if one of those rounds hits you it makes Jello of your inside.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would cough up the $$ and shoot a few magazines full of Glasers thru the gun to make sure they feed and eject properly. Glasers tend to be light for their caliber and I have heard that some semi-autos dont function well with them. I only use Glasers in my revolver, for this reason.

These rounds are very expensive. I think I paid around $18 for 7 rounds. So I put 4 in one mag and 3 in the back up mag. Like you said, if one of those rounds hits you it makes Jello of your inside.

Cheaper than a trip to the ER for a family member if you don't put the intruder down.

Returntosender

The news says Dorner has a 50cal sniper rifle and is roving in the mountains. How is Law enforcement supposed to get close enough to engage Dorner with their AR? Dorner can shoot at them from 1 mile away.

The UPS motto. A planned day is safe day.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
The news says Dorner has a 50cal sniper rifle and is roving in the mountains. How is Law enforcement supposed to get close enough to engage Dorner with their AR? Dorner can shoot at them from 1 mile away.

The UPS motto. A planned day is safe day.
Strength in numbers. Dorner will kill as many as he can, but will be dead in hours/minutes.

You fools who think you can use your guns to take back 'your government' (never mind an election) need a reality check. These guys are just local police, good luck against a Hellfire from a drone.

UPS Lifer

Strength in numbers. Dorner will kill as many as he can, but will be dead in hours/minutes.

You fools who think you can use your guns to take back 'your government' (never mind an election) need a reality check. These guys are just local police, good luck against a Hellfire from a drone.

Correct me if I am wrong but this post sounds like you think that 2nd amendment advocates support this nut job. ??

If that is the case you need look no further than the mirror for a reality check. If I am wrong, I apologize in advance.

bbsam

Staff member
Correct me if I am wrong but this post sounds like you think that 2nd amendment advocates support this nut job. ??

If that is the case you need look no further than the mirror for a reality check. If I am wrong, I apologize in advance.
I agree but would add that Obama's proposals do not threaten 2nd Amendment rights. Yep. Both sides use hyperbole and flat out lies.

UPS Lifer

I agree but would add that Obama's proposals do not threaten 2nd Amendment rights. Yep. Both sides use hyperbole and flat out lies.

It depends on your view.
1. Some insist - nothing should be done -
2. Others are OK with Federal registration -
3. Some are OK with limiting the size of mags -
4. Some want AR & AK's banned
5. Others want to see the criminals and nut jobs addressed.
6. Some want 2 through 5.

Obama might get #2 through but I would be surprised if #3 and #4 get much support. The other problem is that nothing has been addressed on #5 which outrages a lot of 2nd Amendment supporters. Contrary to your view that Obama's proposals do not threaten the 2nd Amendment, there are many who think his side will start small but would ban just about all fire arms if he could. His public position is not trusted by 2nd Amendment advocates.

ranjeet1988

I just bought an M1 Garand today and the guy said it was from Normandy and used in D-Day and wanted to know if my rifle could have been. Ther serial number for it is like 2.8m something and also I was wondering of a mark on it of an anchor, does this mean it was the navy?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Those are M1s, look at the wooden hand guards and (nonexistent) flash suppressors.
Here's a better picture.

Guess I stand corrected.THOSE are definitely M1s. Found other information saying the honor guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier carries M14s. Guess they use both. Personally I would rather drill with an M14 if I had a choice. Much lighter.

Last edited: