guns

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
azdgt0.jpg

anonymous4

20130209__torrance_00.JPG

Huge wake up call for people. This cannot be SOP(standard operating procedure) for police departments. These police officers need to be arrested. US soil is not a war zone where police can mark targets and take them out in a hail of gunfire. This is some cowboy **** and it played out again shortly after this incident. Tense situations give no justification for what took place out there. The officers involved are not cut out for that line of work.

Torrance residents still reeling from LAPD shooting wrong pickup in hunt for Christopher Dorner - LA Daily News

texan

Huge wake up call for people. This cannot be SOP(standard operating procedure) for police departments. These police officers need to be arrested. US soil is not a war zone where police can mark targets and take them out in a hail of gunfire. This is some cowboy **** and it played out again shortly after this incident. Tense situations give no justification for what took place out there. The officers involved are not cut out for that line of work.

Torrance residents still reeling from LAPD shooting wrong pickup in hunt for Christopher Dorner - LA Daily News
This so sad, and reflective of a police force that has such a long history of these type of incidents.

They are not the only city police, nor local police that have commited such a blunder.

But they (LAPD), for some reason, are in the front, or leading the way for such a long
time.

I guess I just do not understand what goes on there year after year after year.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

SHEESH! A little jumpy, are we? Can you say lawsuit? I'm sure the lawyers are beating down the hospital doors as we speak.:dissapointed:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

The cops lit that rig up with something like 40 or 50 rounds, and (thankfully) the poor woman driving the car only suffered minor injuries to the thigh and shoulder, plus undoubtedly a badly soiled pair of undies.

Poor marksmanship is what saved the occupants. You can see that most of the rounds went into the tailgate from what looks to be a range of maybe 10 or 15 yards at most. This is with AR-15 rifles. Fortunately, the .223 rounds lacked the punch to penetrate both the tailgate and the cab of the vehicle and still retain lethal velocity. I also cringe when I look past the truck and see the house in the background that undoubtedly has bullet holes in it that cannot be seen in the photo.

There is a huge anti gun segment of the population who cling to the belief that mere civilians should never be allowed to use guns for protection, and that only the police are "trained and qualified" enough to be trusted to carry weapons on our streets and in our schools. I hope they see this picture. The reality of the situation is that many police have only a passing familiarity with firearms, and only "qualify" once or twice a year shooting at paper targets. The gun club I belong to has police among its membership, and the local police agencies also rent the facility periodically for training. There are any number of civilian members of our club who are competitive shooters and who are far, far, better shots than a lot of the cops who shoot there. Simply issuing a person a badge and a uniform and a weapon does not automatically confer upon them any superior marksmanship abilities; likewise, some of the best tactical and competitive shooters out there have no law enforcement experience or credentials whatsoever.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Remember the DEA (or was it FBI?) agent that shot himself in the foot with the Glock? At a gun safety event no less! Hilarious and scary at the same time.

texan

The cops lit that rig up with something like 40 or 50 rounds, and (thankfully) the poor woman driving the car only suffered minor injuries to the thigh and shoulder, plus undoubtedly a badly soiled pair of undies.

Poor marksmanship is what saved the occupants. You can see that most of the rounds went into the tailgate from what looks to be a range of maybe 10 or 15 yards at most. This is with AR-15 rifles. Fortunately, the .223 rounds lacked the punch to penetrate both the tailgate and the cab of the vehicle and still retain lethal velocity. I also cringe when I look past the truck and see the house in the background that undoubtedly has bullet holes in it that cannot be seen in the photo.

There is a huge anti gun segment of the population who cling to the belief that mere civilians should never be allowed to use guns for protection, and that only the police are "trained and qualified" enough to be trusted to carry weapons on our streets and in our schools. I hope they see this picture. The reality of the situation is that many police have only a passing familiarity with firearms, and only "qualify" once or twice a year shooting at paper targets. The gun club I belong to has police among its membership, and the local police agencies also rent the facility periodically for training. There are any number of civilian members of our club who are competitive shooters and who are far, far, better shots than a lot of the cops who shoot there. Simply issuing a person a badge and a uniform and a weapon does not automatically confer upon them any superior marksmanship abilities; likewise, some of the best tactical and competitive shooters out there have no law enforcement experience or credentials whatsoever.
" Simply issuing a person a badge and a uniform and a weapon does not automatically confer upon
them any superior marksmanship abilities;"

Excellent post and point.

The Army was not the best either at this. 2 times a year 74-96.

Marines somehow seem to have a better standard and training.

They have better marksman by rep. I do not know their training.

I was trained to take civilans from no weapon training to a soldier and was Range NON Com
on the .45 M911A1 / 9MM Range for years.

Twice a year is not enough.

We used pop up targets that are 3 to 4 feet high silhouettes, which are better, but only twice a year,
one loses that keen feel over the months.

I am not dissing the Army, and I hope it is more frequent now.

It should be once a month at the least, and with moving targets, not paper.

Paper was only good to zero your sites on a rifle, at 25 meters.
http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/m16a2/zero-and-m16a2-rifle.shtml

I miss those days. Sigh
Zero a M16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQq1qkYJxAY

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My brother heads the THREAT ASSESTMENT UNIT for LAPD and they are going to find this NUT and end his miserable life.

Peace

TOS

They kind of missed the mark.

"Law enforcement sources told The Times that at least seven officers opened fire. On Friday, the street was pockmarked with bullet holes in cars, trees, garage doors and roofs. Residents said they wanted to know what happened.
"How do you mistake two Hispanic women, one who is 71, for a large black male?" said Richard Goo, 62, who counted five bullet holes in the entryway to his house."

Details emerge in LAPD's mistaken shooting of newspaper carriers - Los Angeles Times

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Take a close look at the M-14 rifles the Marines where carrying at Obama’s second inauguration. The bolts have been removed from the rifles rendering them unable to fire a round.
Apparently Obama’s Secret Service doesn’t trust the USMC. Simply searching each guy to make sure he didn’t have a live round hidden on him wasn’t enough, they had to make sure the guns were inoperable.
Moonbattery