guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
None of the crap that Feinstein is shoving out will get through the House. It might get thru the Senate...if Reid lets it get voted on....but it will die in the House.

Last edited:

soberups

I thought you did a nice job thinking that out. Seems very fair. The problem is that the far left does not know how to play well in the sandbox with others. They think that it should be their way or the highway. Both sides have to compromise. To be fair, the far right feels the same.

why compromise? So Ted Nugent and LaPierre can save face? What are they willing to give on that matters?

None of the bills that FeinSwine has introduced would have prevented or materially altered the outcome of any of the recent mass shootings.

The bills are nothing more than a futille attempt to create "feel good" laws that serve no real purpose other than to allow their creators to pander to an ignorant base.

I am not philosophically opposed to the idea of requiring or at least encouraging background checks for private party sales but there would need to be some serious safeguards put into place to prevent the program from becoming a tool that the government could use to deny citizens their 2nd Amendment rights.

bbsam

Staff member
None of the crap that Feinstein is shoving out will get through the House. It might get thru the Senate...if Reid lets it get voted on....but it will die in the House.

o don't think most democrats care if Feinstein gets that stuff. Like you said, its feel good stuff. The president will be more than happy with the universal background check and the added impression that in dealing with the right, he came away looking like the adult in the room.

moreluck

golden ticket member
29zbhpz.jpg

UPS Lifer

o don't think most democrats care if Feinstein gets that stuff. Like you said, its feel good stuff. The president will be more than happy with the universal background check and the added impression that in dealing with the right, he came away looking like the adult in the room.

You hit the problem on the head of why this president can't get anything done. This is why the left and the right are at odds. Instead of doing what's right for America, it is more important to "look like the adult in the room." He WANTS to make the Republicans look bad. His goal the next two years is to win back the House by making the Republicans look bad not to much else matters to him. His legacy is and has been developing right before our eyes.

Those are good qualities for leadership!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Universal Background check is good provided they use all info obtained and act on it.......arrest if any warrants....deport if here illegally....etc.

undocumented-guns.jpg

island1fox

You hit the problem on the head of why this president can't get anything done. This is why the left and the right are at odds. Instead of doing what's right for America, it is more important to "look like the adult in the room." He WANTS to make the Republicans look bad. His goal the next two years is to win back the House by making the Republicans look bad not to much else matters to him. His legacy is and has been developing right before our eyes.

UPS Lifer,

I could not agree with you more.

Instead of "TARGETING" law abiding , hard working Paying more than their fair share American citizens------The president and Politicians should be finding real solutions for America ---Like removing guns from CRIMINALS-- who Sell drugs, rob and kill people and pay NO taxes.

UPS Lifer

Universal Background check is good provided they use all info obtained and act on it.......arrest if any warrants....deport if here illegally....etc.

undocumented-guns.jpg

This is actually a good point. Law abiding citizens should not have a problem with this. I do understand where a Libertarian might not agree with it.

BUT - I am distrustful of this administration. It is just more information to keep tabs on people. Now if this info would be put to use to arrest those criminals with warrants or others who might pose a danger.... but I am getting ahead of myself, because we know this administration will pick and choose how to use the info.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is actually a good point. Law abiding citizens should not have a problem with this. I do understand where a Libertarian might not agree with it.

BUT - I am distrustful of this administration. It is just more information to keep tabs on people. Now if this info would be put to use to arrest those criminals with warrants or others who might pose a danger.... but I am getting ahead of myself, because we know this administration will pick and choose how to use the info.

How paranoid is this thinking?? You register your cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, homes,kids and register for school, but if you have to register your guns, the GOVERMENT is trying to track you??

Got to love the mindset of the gulible.

peace

TOS

How paranoid is this thinking?? You register your cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, homes,kids and register for school, but if you have to register your guns, the GOVERMENT is trying to track you??

peace

TOS

Guess when they get on the mental health part it'll ruin your day, huh.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro

peace

TOS

The difference is that those other things aren't your constitutional right. Generally, if you have to 'sign up' for something, there is a penalty or you are denied it if you don't. So, would you be OK with having to 'renew' your ability to go to church? If you didn't, you wouldn't be allowed to...

Now, I will say that with the nature of guns and their use in violence, people must understand and concede that there must be some form of regulation or record keeping. There SHOULD be background checks. And there SHOULD be some way to say 'that gun is yours' on some sort of an official level. There should NEVER be a case where the government, either state or federal, should be able to use that information to come and confiscate these weapons because somebody thought it sounded like a good idea to appease the masses. The only 'gullible' people are those who believe that this proposed gun control will actually stop gun violence.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Guess when they get on the mental health part it'll ruin your day, huh.

It wont ruin my day, I dont need a gun to have false courage. What will make my day is knowing that all the gun nuts will have to face a mental evaluation, and some of them will lose the rights to own guns. Could be you, who knows.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The difference is that those other things aren't your constitutional right. Generally, if you have to 'sign up' for something, there is a penalty or you are denied it if you don't. So, would you be OK with having to 'renew' your ability to go to church? If you didn't, you wouldn't be allowed to...

Now, I will say that with the nature of guns and their use in violence, people must understand and concede that there must be some form of regulation or record keeping. There SHOULD be background checks. And there SHOULD be some way to say 'that gun is yours' on some sort of an official level. There should NEVER be a case where the government, either state or federal, should be able to use that information to come and confiscate these weapons because somebody thought it sounded like a good

Geez, another constitutional expert in our midst. The biggest part of YOUR constitutional rights is the RIGHT TO PRIVACY, and having to register everything from your cars to your children is a waiver of those rights to privacy.

Did you fail civics?

We "waive" those rights to those things for the common good, for safety, otherwise, we shouldnt have to.

As with guns, for the common good, for safety, we need to register ALL guns, so guys like SOBER doesnt sell his ak47 private party to someone who shouldnt have the gun in the first place just to turn a buck.

SOBERS AK47 is unregistered already, and him being allowed to sell it without anyone knowing about it ENDANGERS us ALL.

If I were you, I would understand the constitution first before quoting it.

Peace

TOS

soberups

peace

TOS

Diane FineSwine and her gaggle of numbnut gun grabbers arent out there trying to outlaw cars or motorcycles.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
1BW,

I have a great wife -the Bushmaster is a Valentines day / Birthday Present.

When I add the scope, light and lasor it will definitely be an expensive gift.:peaceful:

I AM envious. You are a fortunate man. I've just got an SKS with a 4X tactical scope and another stock one with the toadsticker on it.Funny... it hasn't assaulted me yet. Did I get ripped off?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
UPS Lifer,

I could not agree with you more.

Instead of "TARGETING" law abiding , hard working Paying more than their fair share American citizens------The president and Politicians should be finding real solutions for America ---Like removing guns from CRIMINALS-- who Sell drugs, rob and kill people and pay NO taxes.

Remove criminals from the WORLD.

bbsam

Staff member

Incorrect. Nothing Feinstein is putting forth and nothing sober proposed would have gotten any support. You can't point that finger soley at the president. There is nothing wrong with the Republicans playing hardball obstructionist politics, but you can't say they aren't equally culpable for gridlock. Obama is simply showing he can and will do the same. The Republicans looking bad in the process is just the icing on the cake.