guns

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Lanza and the others WERE ''law abiding" UNTIL THEY BECAME KILLERS. Maybe the gun owners didtnt shoot anyone yesterday or tomorrow, but some of them will the next day or the next week or the next month. And maybe a background check might PREVENT the next killer from possessing a WMD at a small gun show. What is the harm?? Is it REALLY unreasonable to ask for a background check?? Yes there are lots of good people who own weapons but lets not forget EVERY gun is ORIGINALLY sold as a LEGAL weapon. It is the following exchanges that are UNREGULATED that creates illegal weapons. Laissez faire doesnt work in economics and it certainly doesnt work in public safety!!

And they should be prosecuted as criminals but that doesn't mean the rest of us LEGAL gun owners need to be persecuted.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Lets see, I have owned a firearm for about forty-five years now. The first one was one of those semi-automatic rifles with an evil looking 30-round magazine. Not once have I thought about picking one up and shooting somebody with it. I guess I must hang out with the wrong people and places, I don't know anybody outside of military or law enforcement that has shot anybody either. None of my relatives, neighbors, school friends, co-workers, or anybody I can think of has shot anybody in all this time. So the argument that if you own a firearm you will somehow go crazy and start shooting people is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. Most of us live in the real world, and a few of you on here don't.

There are days when I would gladly shoot my laptop!! :happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If we applied the "logic" of so called assault-weapon bans to cars....then every single vehicle on the road today would be equipped with a governor that cut power to the engine once the vehicle reached the legal speed limit.

Who needs a '67 Camaro with a 396 and a 4-barrel carb? That car will do 140 MPH on the freeway, placing the lives of innocent motorists in danger. What about a Harley Davidson that can hit 135 on the freeway and do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds? The only people who need a bike that powerful are police officers, the rest of them are just a bunch of outlaw bikers and criminals who terrorize innocent people. I know this because I saw it on TV once. Those people are scary and icky and bad and I dont like them so we should just ban those evil high-powered bikes and cars. Law-abiding drivers only need mopeds or scooters or little Geo Metro cars that go the speed limit and no faster. Thats what everyone in Europe has, and they have a much lower accident rate than we do so we should copy their laws. If it will save one child....

klein

Für Meno :)
If we applied the "logic" of so called assault-weapon bans to cars....then every single vehicle on the road today would be equipped with a governor that cut power to the engine once the vehicle reached the legal speed limit.

Who needs a '67 Camaro with a 396 and a 4-barrel carb? That car will do 140 MPH on the freeway, placing the lives of innocent motorists in danger. What about a Harley Davidson that can hit 135 on the freeway and do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds? The only people who need a bike that powerful are police officers, the rest of them are just a bunch of outlaw bikers and criminals who terrorize innocent people. I know this because I saw it on TV once. Those people are scary and icky and bad and I dont like them so we should just ban those evil high-powered bikes and cars. Law-abiding drivers only need mopeds or scooters or little Geo Metro cars that go the speed limit and no faster. Thats what everyone in Europe has, and they have a much lower accident rate than we do so we should copy their laws. If it will save one child....

Go drive the Autobahn and try to keep up with American made cars !
Even a Harley can't keep up with a BMW bike, nor a 67 Camaro with a Lumborgini or a Mercedes Roaster.
Europe does have smaller vehicles, but with much more torque.
Besides, at over $10 per gallon, you won't see many pick-up trucks or large gutless gas-guzzling cars.

They even have highspeed trains, called the "Intercity" that go over 300km per hr.
Cars on the autobahn drive an average speed of 200km/hr. You drive any less than that - you think you're standing still while others are passing you in a blink of an eye !

It is also mandatory in Europe to take driving school leasons (in Germany a min of 55 hrs, plus 4 hrs Autobahn and 4 hrs highway).
I forgot the minimum hrs of classes, but it's over a month long..(over 30 days).

Also a 2 x 8 hr First Aid course is also mandatory.
A drivers licence sets you back around $4000 there !
I paid just over $2000 for mine way back in 1980.
You must aslo be 18 years of age to drive a car.
Over 16 just to drive a moped, and even that license will set you back apprx $1000.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Even a Harley can't keep up with a BMW bike, nor a 67 Camaro with a Lumborgini or a Mercedes Roaster.
Besides, at over $10 per gallon, you won't see many pick-up trucks or large gutless gas-guzzling cars.

They even have highspeed trains, called the "Intercity" that go over 300km per hr.
Cars on the autobahn drive an average speed of 200km/hr. You drive any less than that - you think you're standing still while others are passing you in a blink of an eye !

It is also mandatory in Europe to take driving school leasons (in Germany a min of 55 hrs, plus 4 hrs Autobahn and 4 hrs highway).
I forgot the minimum hrs of classes, but it's over a month long..(over 30 days).

Over 16 just to drive a moped, and even that license will set you back apprx $1000.

"STAU!!!!!" Germany is the last place I would want to go through at warp speed. Pointless anyway.

Last edited:

brett636

How many cops have shot and killed spouses, ex wives, family or others ?
How much more law abiding can you get than a cop ?

Thats a heck of a bar to set. So if a cop breaks a law then we all are guilty of breaking the same laws? In August of 2011 an Indianapolis police officer ran into a group of motorcyclists while responding to a call killing one of them and seriously wounding another. The cop's blood alcohol level was .19 and he was on duty! I'm assuming you have some sort of family relationship there given the necessity of using alcohol on the job? Either way, following your logic we shouldn't be able to drive cars either because if a cop can be guilty of doing something wrong with a motor vehicle then we are all just as capable and shouldn't be given the opportunity!

Anywho, cops are people too. They make poor decisions based on bad judgement, and its a weak attempt IMHO to try to hold police officers up as the gold standard in law abiding behavior. There are simply too many guns in this country that aren't used to commit a crime that its worth being mentioned that the law breakers are best served by receiving the negative attention rather than forcing the law abiding to become criminals because you are unable to handle the same level of responsibility that they do.

I'm guessing this is another drunken stupor driven argument brought to us by our local Canadian drunk.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Because this thread is ALL about cars and licensing and what's legal in Germany........NOT !

texan

"STAU!!!!!" Germany is the last place I would want to go through at warp speed. Pointless anyway.
"STAU!!! Definition: traffic jam

I almost got creamed in one in the fog on the Autobahn.

60 care pile up. One thing about the Autobahn.

Their accidents are horrific when they occur. :dissapointed:

804brown

Just please dont equip my car with "governor" walker. LOL. But then again he might "cut" my union dues!! Tough call.