guns

804brown

30,000 gun deaths a year and we cant pass a moderate gun regulation bill. 2 losers blow up a bomb and kills 3 people and our system goes all out. Something is really wrong in this country.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Bet you know what I think is wrong with it......We don't need registration, or regulation. We need to prosecute the bad guys, instead of making more laws we do not enforce, the ones we have , in the first place.

804brown

Sure, who needs background checks. Who needs any regulations on Wall St banksters or corporate conduct either, right?? Why not let any nut buy a bazooka or a AK47, right?? We need TOTAL freedom dont we to be armed to the teeth. One rifle isnt good enough when YOU COULD HAVE 1000 GUNS, right?? Total freedom, liberty. great words but to an extreme, quite dangerous!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Bet you know what I think is wrong with it......We don't need registration, or regulation. We need to prosecute the bad guys, instead of making more laws we do not enforce, the ones we have , in the first place.

Yup, I'm just waiting for the day when 10 or more Taliban go to the USA for a "holiday" and buy guns legally at those gun shows.
Then go on a shooting range.

Probably only that scenerio will change the law for a common background check ?
But then again, they can get their guns on Craigslist or Kijiji as well by private sales. Unless that changes, too.

DS

Fenderbender
It's way too late when the victims are dead.What laws?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Now the questions begin.....just where did the two bombers get their weapons ?
Mass. already working laws that require a background check just to get a gun permit, so did they follow the proper procedure an apply or not ?

klein

Für Meno :)
Now the questions begin.....just where did the two bombers get their weapons ?
Mass. already working laws that require a background check just to get a gun permit, so did they follow the proper procedure an apply or not ?

Does it really matter ?
Anyone can get a gun in the US, including myself.
Private sales, gunshows are totally legal.
Where I end up taking the gun, maybe not.

satellitedriver

Does it really matter ?
Anyone can get a gun in the US, including myself.
Private sales, gunshows are totally legal.
Where I end up taking the gun, maybe not.
klein with a gun.
I just got a mental image that needs to be purged from my brain.
All I can see is klein packing heat in his speedo, on a Cuban beach.

Tell the truth?? About background checks?? We already have some background checks. Why is it such a "slippery slope" just to extent it to all gun shows and internet sales?? What are you afraid of?? If it could PREVENT a nut or criminal from getting a wmd, WHAT IS THE HARM?? Remember EVERY GUN STARTS OUT AS A LEGAL GUN. It is not having strong regulations on these weapons that causes so many to end up in the wrong hands.
National (US) Poll - March 22, 2013 - Overwhelming Support For Unive | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

I am so sorry that having two or more question sentences confuses you... I will try to make it more simple for you. Please answer the following questions.

(1) Do you really believe that if the bill that lost yesterday was in effect one year ago, even two years ago, would that have prevented the tragedy at Sandy Hook?

(2) If you do truly believe that, please support that belief with what provisions of the law would have done the job.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes, background checks, got it, had it. Now we need to prosecute the bad guys who get caught, and Oh yeah, just a small thing.......Maybe we should keep people out of the country who do bad things. And why background check me, but not illegals? Like the one who just caused mayhem in Boston? Why do you expect us to follow all the rules, when criminals did not? Better yet why would we?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Looks like the Nanny state got the men responsible without the help of rednecks in pickups trucks with gun racks in them.

Peace

TOS
Really? So what happened during the car chase and fire fight when the bad guys were throwing explosives? Were we tossing marshmallows, and hitting them in the eyes with peashooters?

Yup, I'm just waiting for the day when 10 or more Taliban go to the USA for a "holiday" and buy guns legally at those gun shows.
Then go on a shooting range.

Probably only that scenerio will change the law for a common background check ?
But then again, they can get their guns on Craigslist or Kijiji as well by private sales. Unless that changes, too.
Wake up and eat another hotdog.... we already have common back ground checks...
Taliban shouldn't be allowed into the country anyway, that is step #1.
I've been to many gun shows, the vast majority of the vendors that hold a federal gun dealer license and must follow all the laws in place before selling a gun of any kind. That includes a back ground check just like Fred's Gun Emporium or Gun-R-US.
I didn't spend a tremendous amount of time looking at Craigslist for guns for sale, but the only guns I found were air-soft guns and nerf guns. Care to provide a like to a real gun for sale on Craigslist?