guns

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Moreluck finally gives good advice, in a round about sort of way.

77.33 1.29(1.70%) 4:00PM EDT|After Hours : 77.40 0.07 (0.09%) 6:56PM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

moreluck

golden ticket member
By picking one side or the other, SBUX becomes involved politically ((IMO).
Why don't they just shut up and serve coffee?

I got my coffee at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf this morning.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Are you sure you read the article.....

They were staying out of it, as they have always allowed (and still do allow) people to bring guns into their stores in states that allow it. They did not willingly get involved in this mess.

"Pro-gun activists have used our stores as a political stage for media events misleadingly called “Starbucks Appreciation Days” that disingenuously portray Starbucks as a champion of “open carry.” To be clear: we do not want these events in our stores. Some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction, including soliciting and confronting our customers and partners."

They have every right to tell people they can't bring guns onto their property, but that's not what they're doing. They have not banned weapons, they simply made their position clear so that pro or anti gun people can't use them to further their own agenda. They clearly failed.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
t

Fed downgrades outlook for economy...
STOCKS ROCK: HIT ALL TIME HIGH...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]FBI: Chicago passes New York as murder capital of U.S.[/h]The city of Chicago registered more homicides than any city in the nation in 2012, surpassing even New York — despite the fact that the Second City has only one third as many residents as the Big Apple.

Way to go Chicago

Babagounj

Strength through joy
13 people, including 3-year-old, shot at South Side park - chicagotribune.com

Thirteen people, including a 3-year-old boy who suffered a gunshot wound to the head, were shot at a Chicago park in the Back of the Yards neighborhood Thursday night, authorities said.

• The 3-year-old boy, shot in the ear that exited through his mouth, in critical condition at Mount Sinai;
  • A 17-year-old girl, shot in the foot, condition stabilized at Holy Cross Hospital;
  • A 15-year-old boy shot in the arm, stabilized at Holy Cross;
  • A man, 27, shot in the leg and wrist, serious condition at Mount Sinai;
  • A man, 24, shot twice in the stomach, serious condition at Mount Sinia;
  • A man, 21, shot in the leg, serious condition at Mount Sinai;
  • A man, 41, shot in the buttocks, serious condition at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital;
  • A woman, 33, shot in the shoulder, condition stabilized at Northwestern Memorial Hospital;
  • A man, 31, shot in the buttocks, condition stabilized at Northwestern;
  • A woman, 23, shot in the foot, condition stabilized at St. Anthony Hospital;
  • A man, 37, shot in the leg, in good condition at Stroger;
  • A man, 25, shot in the knee, in good condition at Northwestern;
  • And a man, 33, who drove himself to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park with a gunshot wound to the leg and who was treated and released.
Chicago police were making no information about what happened public, except to say that the shooting appeared to be gang-related. The shootings took place on a basketball court on the 51st Street side of Cornell Square Park near Wood Street.

Where is the outrage from Capital Hill ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I pray that that 3 yr old recovers.

I have only one question.......10:15 PM.....why was a 3 yr. old at a basketball court and not in his crib asleep at home ???????????

The gunfire broke out around 10:15 p.m. and appeared to target a basketball court on the 51st Street side of Cornell Square Park in the Back of the Yards neighborhood,The Chicago Tribune reported

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

brownrod

Seeing how CapitOl Hill is under Republican control, and they have made their disdain of poor people of color no secret, I wouldn't expect any comment.

I would not be a bit surprised if President Obama makes a statement at some point today. He has a lot on his plate, in case you hadn't noticed.

Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun laws in America! And some of the most gun crime! Lets pass more laws! That'll show those criminals.