guns

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The issue is beyond.... Guns.

"Detroit — Detroit Police Chief James Craig told a crowd gathered Monday evening for an anti-carjacking program that he narrowly avoided a carjacking himself on a recent Friday night while driving an unmarked police car."

Detroit police chief almost a carjacking victim | The Detroit News

Moral depravity.... accelerated by the breakdown of the "family" unit.... is the known narrative. Or realization.

"A Blendon Township woman was stabbed to death while jogging in a park near her home over the weekend, and police have charged a teenager who lived in a nearby group home with the slaying."

Boy, 16, from group home is charged in jogger’s killing | The Columbus Dispatch

If you want to ignore the facts.... chances are.... you will be a victim of a criminal predator.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Responsible gun owner:

AR-15 rifle stolen from GOP congresswoman’s unlocked garage | The Raw Story

A Republican lawmaker who advocates responsible gun ownership had a rifle stolen from her home last week.
Police said an AR-15 rifle was among items stolen Oct. 15 from the unlocked garage of U.S. Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC) after some family members went target shooting.
Officers said the rifle, which belongs to Ellmers’ college-age son, was leaned against a gun safe and the garage door left unlocked.
The congresswoman is a staunch supporter of gun rights, according to her website.
“Although she believes that gun owners must be responsible for the use and care of their guns, she does not want to see law-abiding gun owners penalized for the actions of criminals,” the site says. “It has become far too easy to place blame on guns, and their accessibility, rather than the criminals themselves.”

Well, she has proven that she is not a responsible gun owner, nor is her son and anyone else in the household. They should all be barred from owning any firearm, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law if the gun is used in any crime.

over9five

Staff member
Well, she has proven that she is not a responsible gun owner, nor is her son and anyone else in the household. They should all be barred from owning any firearm, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law if the gun is used in any crime.
Did you read your own article? SHE wasn't the gunowner. SHE wasn't the one who went shooting, and then left the gun in an unlocked garage.
Put the blame where it belongs. On the thief and the adult son.

roadrunner2012

Troll
It was her home, her garage. She didn't see the gun laying against the gun safe? Right...

If you allow a firearm in your home, you are responsible. Seems pretty simple unless you are a politician trying to shirk responsibility.

roadrunner2012

Troll
Responsible gun owner:

AR-15 rifle stolen from GOP congresswoman’s unlocked garage | The Raw Story

A Republican lawmaker who advocates responsible gun ownership had a rifle stolen from her home last week.
Police said an AR-15 rifle was among items stolen Oct. 15 from the unlocked garage of U.S. Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC) after some family members went target shooting.
Officers said the rifle, which belongs to Ellmers’ college-age son, was leaned against a gun safe and the garage door left unlocked.
The congresswoman is a staunch supporter of gun rights, according to her website.
“Although she believes that gun owners must be responsible for the use and care of their guns, she does not want to see law-abiding gun owners penalized for the actions of criminals,” the site says. “It has become far too easy to place blame on guns, and their accessibility, rather than the criminals themselves.”

It gets better...She is the idiot who said she needed her paycheck during the shutdown she voted for.

"I need my paycheck. That's the bottom line. I understand that there may be some other members who are deferring their paychecks, and I think that's admirable. I'm not in that position."

Yep, tough to get by an a congressperson's salary.

bbsam

Staff member
Did you read your own article? SHE wasn't the gunowner. SHE wasn't the one who went shooting, and then left the gun in an unlocked garage.
Put the blame where it belongs. On the thief and the adult son.

I think you know better. Property rights have responsibilities. If a neighbor kid breaks his arm in my back yard while skateboarding down the deck stairs, who is responsible?

roadrunner2012

Troll
I think you know better. Property rights have responsibilities. If a neighbor kid breaks his arm in my back yard while skateboarding down the deck stairs, who is responsible?
Of course he knows better. But the scenario doesn't fit his 'responsible gun owner' schtick. She's an elected idiot, but on his side of the spectrum. I think St Ronnie had a commandment about criticizing a fellow Repub.

over9five

Staff member
Of course he knows better. But the scenario doesn't fit his 'responsible gun owner' schtick. She's an elected idiot, but on his side of the spectrum. I think St Ronnie had a commandment about criticizing a fellow Repub.
You're the typical liberal fool blaming everyone else but the person responsible. In your usual "schtick", you even abandoned the first thing you attacked her on, and went on to her salary? Stay focused, if you can.

bbsam

Staff member
You're the typical liberal fool blaming everyone else but the person responsible. In your usual "schtick", you even abandoned the first thing you attacked her on, and went on to her salary? Stay focused, if you can.

But property law is not opinion. If one does not want to be responsible for a person or object on her property she should not allow it there. Think of it as a common sense Castle Doctrine.

oldngray

nowhere special
Again you miss the point. She wasn't the gun owner. She was just related to him. So it is used as an excuse to attack her politically. She was not home, it wasn't her gun and a thief broke the law. So why do you insist on blaming her? It is not at all like a kid skateboarding down your deck stairs. The thief was committing an illegal act so property rights and their responsibilities don't apply. Legally the rifle could have been anywhere in the house and the thief would still be at fault. All her son did was tempt a dishonest person with an open garage door.