guns

moreluck

golden ticket member
IMO the kid would've been curious no matter what color the gun was. The sitter is responsible for leaving it where the kid could get to it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
BBC News - US boy carrying replica gun shot dead by California police

Witness Brian Zastrow told the Santa Rosa Press Democrat he heard seven shots."First, I heard a single siren and within seconds I heard seven shots go off, sounded like a nail gun," he said.

One man who saw the events unfold said the shooting was over in an instant.

"He pulled over to the kid walking and he just opened the door and shot him, three shots," Ismael Mondragon told KGO-TV.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
That's right....

Only the "Police" are qualified to handle firearms.

"A student pulled the trigger on an AR-15 that was mounted on a police motorcycle that was on display during an event for students, according to Tamrin Olden, a spokeswoman for the Chino Police Department."

Read more: Student Fires Rifle Mounted on Chino Police Motorcycle, Injuring 3 | KTLA 5
Was the officer who took a loaded gun to a school show and tell disciplined? Or was he exempt for being a part of the TLEL?

over9five

Staff member
Was the officer who took a loaded gun to a school show and tell disciplined? Or was he exempt for being a part of the TLEL?
Definitely should have lost his job immediately. He allowed a child access to a loaded, unsecured firearm.
Do you agree, Roadrunner? Do you think the officer should also face criminal charges?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Damn. Glad I only got 150 rounds. What I read was ejection issues on s&w, nothing bout glock(from a quick read). Guess ill try the glock first.

Definitely should have lost his job immediately. He allowed a child access to a loaded, unsecured firearm.
Do you agree, Roadrunner? Do you think the officer should also face criminal charges?

Took a loaded gun? Allowed access?

How about being a complete s-for-brains for not checking a firearm in the first place regardless of being a cop or not?

oldngray

nowhere special
Just because someone wears a badge does not exempt him (or her) from stupid behavior. Overall, with their training cops are better trained and more responsible than the average population, but not all cops are that competent. Also, many private citizens are just as qualified if not more so than the average cop.