guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So for the sake of getting back on topic.... Anyone here carry when they run/jog?

I've picked up a serious running addiction in the past few months, and the days of 100 degree weather are coming up quick, so I'm gonna start running at night. Since the park I usually drive to to run is closed at night, I'm gonna be running in my own neighborhood, which is pretty hood I'm not gonna lie.

I usually just pocket carry my 38 airweight, so I don't even know where to begin with a good holster to run with....
I carry my Ruger LCR .38+p in a Galco pocket holster. If your running gear doesnt have pockets, a fanny pack might be a good option. Lots of runners use them to carry a water bottle so it wouldnt draw any attention. I dont think its a good idea to pocket carry a firearm without some sort of holster that covers the trigger guard.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1394317063.312056.jpg

Sent using BrownCafe App

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bears......you would rather be a bear's breakfast than protect yourself ?? Mountain lions are a common site here and coyote too... which is why we have no outdoor cats. Coyotes love Rowdy Roasts!!

soberups

Seriously? You carry a gun while you are running? Where do you run----Watts?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I dont run, but I have a permit and I carry pretty much 100% of the time in public. Runners are actually quite vulnerable to being attacked, both by muggers and by stray aggressive dogs, particularly towards the end of a run when they are fatigued. Carrying while running is certainly a prudent precaution to take if one has a permit to do so.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Seriously? You carry a gun while you are running? Where do you run----Watts?
No right now I'm running during the day so I just carry my Opinel 10 in one hand and my dog leash in the other. I'm in a high crime area and I don't depend on anyone to protect me, I come prepared.
I carry my Ruger LCR .38+p in a Galco pocket holster. If your running gear doesnt have pockets, a fanny pack might be a good option. Lots of runners use them to carry a water bottle so it wouldnt draw any attention. I dont think its a good idea to pocket carry a firearm without some sort of holster that covers the trigger guard.
I carry it in an Uncle Mike's open top pocket holster, looks a lot similar to that but nylon. I'm a pretty big guy so it fits nicely in my pocket, I don't wear skinny jeans or anything like that.

At the risk of sounding superficial, I gotta say there's no way in hell I'm wearing a fanny pack. We don't have to conceal carry here so that's not an issue... I'm gonna try and get over to the range where I took the class for my carry permit tomorrow and see what they suggest.

soberups

No right now I'm running during the day so I just carry my Opinel 10 in one hand and my dog leash in the other. I'm in a high crime area and I don't depend on anyone to protect me, I come prepared.

I carry it in an Uncle Mike's open top pocket holster, looks a lot similar to that but nylon. I'm a pretty big guy so it fits nicely in my pocket, I don't wear skinny jeans or anything like that.

At the risk of sounding superficial, I gotta say there's no way in hell I'm wearing a fanny pack. We don't have to conceal carry here so that's not an issue... I'm gonna try and get over to the range where I took the class for my carry permit tomorrow and see what they suggest.
We dont have to conceal here either, but I do so anyway because I dislike drawing attention to myself. I personally think wearing a fanny pack while jogging is a lot less noticeable than jogging with a gun carried in plain view.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We dont have to conceal here either, but I do so anyway because I dislike drawing attention to myself. I personally think wearing a fanny pack while jogging is a lot less noticeable than jogging with a gun carried in plain view.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I hear ya.... fanny pack might be a last resort, maybe under the shirt or tucked into the waste line. The term "fanny pack" just brings back memories of my grandpa at disneyworld that's all. It's a good memory, I'm just not ready to be old yet.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama nominee for Surgeon General says banning guns is part of medicine
Investors.com notes that Vivek Hallegere Murthy , 36, is president and co-founder of Doctors for America, an anti-gun group that advocates making gun control a facet of the practice of medicine.
One especially troubling aspect of Murthy’s view that doctors should counsel their patients against exercising their Second Amendment rights is that such information entered into a patient’s private medical records would be available to the government under Obamacare.

soberups

I hear ya.... fanny pack might be a last resort, maybe under the shirt or tucked into the waste line. The term "fanny pack" just brings back memories of my grandpa at disneyworld that's all. It's a good memory, I'm just not ready to be old yet.
There are fanny packs made specifically for joggers that are designed to hold a water bottle without flopping around, they dont look anything like Grandpa's fanny pack.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If 2nd Amendment Doesn't Protect AK-47s, 1st Amendment Doesn't Protect Modern Media
The real question is not what the 18th century framers meant by "militia" but what they meant by "arms." Obviously they meant nothing like the subject of modern-day international arms limitation treaties. Let's face it: They didn't even mean AK-47s. What they had in mind were flintlock muskets and blunderbusses, and perhaps the crude handguns in use in 1792.
Then this also applies to the MSM.
It's an interesting position to suggest the 2nd Amendment should only protect the right to bear the arms in use when the Bill of Rights was ratified in 1791.
Following this logic, the protections provided by the 1st Amendment must be similarly restricted to the technology of the time. Speech using radio or television or a blogger's commentary or the Internet would not be protected by the 1st Amendment, since "what they had in mind" were quill pens, hand presses and unamplified voices.