guns

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A Detroit man stabbed a Home Depot employee with a syringe at least five times Monday night before a customer pulled out a handgun and told him to drop the needle.

Joshua J. Silva, 26, pulled out the contaminated syringe and began swinging it around in a slashing motion to avoid apprehension by a loss prevention officer, who suspected him of stuffing a $179 drill under his coat, reports The Detroit Free Press.

An anonymous customer with a concealed pistol license saw the fight, pulled out his handgun and told Silva to drop the syringe and get on the ground, police said. Silva then sat down in the parking lot, until he heard approaching police sirens. He attempted to run, but was arrested without further incident.
"The citizen told police he got involved because the suspect was so violent and appeared to “be getting the best of” the loss prevention officers. He said he feared if he didn’t get involved, the suspect was going to kill one of the store officers, police said."

He couldn't have put it better. It's sad, but it's important for all of us to know the exact wording we need to use after a situation like this.... a misguided over-zealous lawyer could twist the circumstances against you if things don't end well like they did here.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
"The citizen told police he got involved because the suspect was so violent and appeared to “be getting the best of” the loss prevention officers. He said he feared if he didn’t get involved, the suspect was going to kill one of the store officers, police said."

He couldn't have put it better. It's sad, but it's important for all of us to know the exact wording we need to use after a situation like this.... a misguided over-zealous lawyer could twist the circumstances against you if things don't end well like they did here.
I'm glad this guy did the right thing, by not discharging his weapon needlessly. Police had already been notified, and were en-route. This is not Detroit, nor was a resident of Detroit involved. Baba's source is, not surprisingly, wrong. on that account. But Detroit in the headlines makes it an easier target.

This is the junkie thief, BTW:

bilde

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm glad this guy did the right thing, by not discharging his weapon needlessly. Police had already been notified, and were en-route. This is not Detroit, nor was a resident of Detroit involved. Baba's source is, not surprisingly, wrong. on that account. But Detroit in the headlines makes it an easier target.

This is the junkie thief, BTW:

bilde
Drug addiction and mental health problems are serious concerns of mine too RR.... and I too am glad the samaritan didn't have to fire his weapon. Like most legal and knowledgeable gun carriers, he showed the proper restraint and made good decisions to defuse the situation.

However I will say, police being en route doesn't do much for an innocent guy getting stabbed with a possibly contaminated heroin needle when he's just doing his security job at home depot. Standing by and waiting for police to show up is one option, but unfortunately not every criminal will just sit down and wait for police to arrive (especially the mentally and physically afflicted).

Everyone has to make a personal decision of what to do in a situation like this, and I'm glad this ended well for everyone involved. Hopefully this guy will be one of the few that get help for his addiction as he moves through the broken prison system, although I gotta say.... I'm not holding my breath for that pipe dream.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I agree, for the most part, but executing the guy on the spot after he stabbed someone else with a needle is not the best resolution.

If he was stabbing me? We have a dead whiskey tango in the HD lot. Stabbing (in a non lethal way, apart from the possible/likely pathogens) someone else in a situation I'm not fully aware of, as far as what just transpired...I'm not going to execute the seemingly crazy guy. The citizen who ended the confrontation should be commended for rationale thinking, which is a rare commodity these days.

I'm just happy a human didn't act unreasonably when he owns a legal weapon and has it in hand in a stressful situation.

Too bad every firearm owner doesn't.

Bravo to the citizen for acting like a human. Too bad that warrants recognition these days.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I agree, for the most part, but executing the guy on the spot after he stabbed someone else with a needle is not the best resolution.

If he was stabbing me? We have a dead whiskey tango in the HD lot. Stabbing (in a non lethal way, apart from the possible/likely pathogens) someone else in a situation I'm not fully aware of, as far as what just transpired...I'm not going to execute the seemingly crazy guy. The citizen who ended the confrontation should be commended for rationale thinking, which is a rare commodity these days.

I'm just happy a human didn't act unreasonably when he owns a legal weapon and has it in hand in a stressful situation.

Bravo to the citizen for acting like a human. Too bad that warrants recognition these days.
I also agree with you for the most part....:wink2:
I think we all know what Jesus would have done, but I'm no Jesus.... I just take this twisted world one day at a time like everyone else, and try and make decisions I can live with.

Last edited:

Rainman

Its all good.

Most Firearm owners do act sensibly. It's only a few bad apples that make law abiding citizens look bad.

Where did the idea about executing come from? That was nowhere on any of the other posts. That statement makes it look like the Samaritan was contemplating something wrong.

Sent using BrownCafe App

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
State Sen. Leland Yee indicted on arms trafficking, corruption charges

Yee is charged with conspiracy to traffic in firearms without a license and to illegally import firearms, as well as six counts of scheming to defraud citizens of honest services. Each corruption count is punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000, while the gun-trafficking count is punishable by up to five years and $250,000.

The charges are particularly shocking given that Yee has been among the state Senate's most outspoken advocates both of gun control and of good-government initiatives.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wonder if anyone has checked E Bay ?
ATF Investigating Theft Of Explosives In Western Montana
Via KRTV

The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF) and the Ravalli County Sheriff’s Office are asking for the public’s help regarding the recent theft of approximately 285 pounds of high explosives from an explosives bunker located near Victor.

Between approximately March 15th and April 1st, 2014, someone used forced entry to get into an explosives storage facility operated by Ajax Contracting Inc. west of Victor.

The following items were stolen from the storage facility: ANFO (Ammonium nitrate fuel oil); explosive boosters; dynamite.

Johney

Pineapple King
I wonder if anyone has checked E Bay ?
ATF Investigating Theft Of Explosives In Western Montana
Via KRTV
The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF) and the Ravalli County Sheriff’s Office are asking for the public’s help regarding the recent theft of approximately 285 pounds of high explosives from an explosives bunker located near Victor.
Between approximately March 15th and April 1st, 2014, someone used forced entry to get into an explosives storage facility operated by Ajax Contracting Inc. west of Victor.
The following items were stolen from the storage facility: ANFO (Ammonium nitrate fuel oil); explosive boosters; dynamite.
Well that can't be good. Maybe someone just has a big tree stump to get rid of.