guns

rod

Retired 23 years
Again, just another typical use of a "personal" handgun in the home.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...teen-found-in-his-daughter-s-room-5313696.php

TOS.

The first story I read about this stated that the daughter originally told her Dad she didn't know the boy. If that is true it explains a lot. If that is the case the Dad would assume he was protecting his daughter from a possible rapist at three in the morning. There might not be anything "typical" about this.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hey TOS , here's a story where a home owner finds someone inside her home & doesn't shoot .
On March 12th Lisa Atkins of Junction City, Oregon, did something "no trespassing signs, security system, [or] dogs" could do: she stopped a burglar by pulling a handgun and pinning him down until police arrived to take him away.
According to Eugene's KEZI 9 News, Atkins heard a commotion about 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. She then retrieved "her handgun and proceeded cautiously through the house."

In short order she found Joseph Baker in her home; he had broken through two doors to get in. She drew her gun, ordered him to the floor, and told him to "stay still." She then held Baker at gunpoint for 23 minutes while waiting for police to arrive.

Atkins said "twenty-three minutes is a long time" to hold a bad guy at gunpoint, but she credited Oregon Firearms Academy for preparing her for just such a moment: "Without that training the outcomes could've been a little different, so I'm blessed to be here today."

Johney

Pineapple King
Hey TOS , here's a story where a home owner finds someone inside her home & doesn't shoot .
On March 12th Lisa Atkins of Junction City, Oregon, did something "no trespassing signs, security system, [or] dogs" could do: she stopped a burglar by pulling a handgun and pinning him down until police arrived to take him away.
According to Eugene's KEZI 9 News, Atkins heard a commotion about 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. She then retrieved "her handgun and proceeded cautiously through the house."

In short order she found Joseph Baker in her home; he had broken through two doors to get in. She drew her gun, ordered him to the floor, and told him to "stay still." She then held Baker at gunpoint for 23 minutes while waiting for police to arrive.

Atkins said "twenty-three minutes is a long time" to hold a bad guy at gunpoint, but she credited Oregon Firearms Academy for preparing her for just such a moment: "Without that training the outcomes could've been a little different, so I'm blessed to be here today."
Now imagine had she not had that gun.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1395064307.250045.jpg

Sent using BrownCafe App

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
v100-1382973_1421272641424928_1511201292_n.jpg
But I actually got to fire these.......my father-in-law gave me 1100 rounds of Federal .22LR to try out my new rifle. The vehicles belong to a guy where I go shooting sometimes, his company refurbishes old military vehicles into stuff for SWAT teams.

escapegunssecuredownload.jpeg

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.examiner.com/article/ill...es-second-amendment-requires-gun-registration
According to a workbook handed out to seventh grade students at Grant Middle School in Springfield, Ill., the Second Amendment only allows people to own "certain" guns if they have been registered, Infowars reported Friday. The parent who discovered the material confirmed to Examiner.com the handout's existence and said the school is being "bombarded with messages" about the material.
"This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison,” the handout says.
Initially, some thought the handout was related to Common Core, but was created by two former Grant teachers before Common Core was implemented. The workbook was intended for use only at that school.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My oldest daughter made me proud at the Cabela's arcade range. She managed to hit everything she aimed at with only a quick explanation and sketch of how to use the sights.:blushing2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The guy who refurbishes the SWAT vehicles has this room, he calls it his "Tool Shed". He has a Class 3 license and sells to local law enforcement. Our Governor has flown out there to do business with him.
toolshed1491705_1438781876340671_18313376_n.jpg

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A Detroit man stabbed a Home Depot employee with a syringe at least five times Monday night before a customer pulled out a handgun and told him to drop the needle.

Joshua J. Silva, 26, pulled out the contaminated syringe and began swinging it around in a slashing motion to avoid apprehension by a loss prevention officer, who suspected him of stuffing a $179 drill under his coat, reports The Detroit Free Press.

An anonymous customer with a concealed pistol license saw the fight, pulled out his handgun and told Silva to drop the syringe and get on the ground, police said. Silva then sat down in the parking lot, until he heard approaching police sirens. He attempted to run, but was arrested without further incident.