guns

MAKAVELI

Now is this my kind of restaurant!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/02/waitresses-pack-heat-at-colorado-burger-joint/

shootersgirls.jpg
Just what we need. A bunch of gun toting stoners with the munchies.:D

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The triple shooting Tuesday night that ended the life of 2-year-old Kamiya French and left two of her relatives wounded violated the “code of the streets,” said neighbor Antwan Harrison. A witness said Kamiya had been playing outside when she was shot in the head at point-blank range.
A witness said a man walked up to two kids playing in a yard and shot the 2-year-old, then turned the gun on her father and the other girl, who was struck multiple times.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140702/NEWS05/307020102/Inkster-triple-shooting

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
affraid? ;). I'm not. Why do people insist that the Constitution affords them rights that the SCOTUS (per the Constitution) has ruled time and time again they do not have; that the federal and state governments have wide latitude in regulating the purchase and ownership of firearms?
All those words and you still didn't answer my question. You are affraid. I would just like to know why.

realbrown1

What happened? How about over 19000 a year committing suicide with beloved guns? How about the endless number of mass shootings in this country? How about the 11000 americans killed with guns in this country?

What about the endless domestic homocides each year in this country? How about the numerous child deaths from handguns left out by idiot owners?

How do "WE" , the innocent public know that "YOU" are of sound mind? How do "WE" know that you are not hopped up on prescription drugs? How do we know that you are not an alcoholic? How do "WE" know that you dont suffer from some mental disorder, regardless of degree?

This is what scares americans. Just because you can get a gun doesnt mean you should.

TOS.
How about the countless numbers of Americans who defend themselves with guns.
It didn't go unnoticed that you left that info out of your post. I wonder why?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Then you would be betting they are they aren't there to take your life. Maybe they don't want witnesses.

Or maybe, because i made better decisions than those that live in fear, I dont have to worry about the boogey man coming to take my life.

FEAR FEAR FEAR...

If you have to shop at Target with a gun strapped to your body hoping to become the next rambo, then you need to have your head examined.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The triple shooting Tuesday night that ended the life of 2-year-old Kamiya French and left two of her relatives wounded violated the “code of the streets,” said neighbor Antwan Harrison. A witness said Kamiya had been playing outside when she was shot in the head at point-blank range.
A witness said a man walked up to two kids playing in a yard and shot the 2-year-old, then turned the gun on her father and the other girl, who was struck multiple times.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140702/NEWS05/307020102/Inkster-triple-shooting

Why do you post only the shootings in black communities? Why dont you post the COUNTLESS number of white domestic shootings in this country?

Is it just that much easier to blame blacks for gun violence?

Is your racial bigotry such, that you are blinded by white violence in this country?

Cmon man, there are more white people killing wives and children than there are hispanics or blacks.

TOS.

bbsam

Staff member
All those words and you still didn't answer my question. You are affraid. I would just like to know why.
Don't know how to put it any clearer. I'm not afraid. I just know there is a difference between Chicago and rural Vermont. A gun range and a Target store. A corn field and an elementary school. And I've watched enough U9 soccer matches to know that otherwise sane and law abiding citizens can become violently stupid over a bad call by a ref. Yeah. It gets stupid in a hurry in America. We have what Louis C. K. calls "white people problems".

realbrown1

Don't know how to put it any clearer. I'm not afraid. I just know there is a difference between Chicago and rural Vermont. A gun range and a Target store. A corn field and an elementary school. And I've watched enough U9 soccer matches to know that otherwise sane and law abiding citizens can become violently stupid over a bad call by a ref. Yeah. It gets stupid in a hurry in America. We have what Louis C. K. calls "white people problems".
So your fear is that ordinary people might lose their tempers and start shooting?
Your irrational fears should not interfere with our freedoms.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So vote them out. The people of California and New York have that power. It's a state's rights issue.

So if its OK to curtail our 2nd Amendment rights under the guise of "states rights", would it also be OK to curtail our 15th Amendment rights using the same excuse? I seem to recall "states rights" being a standard excuse for disenfranchising an entire segment of the population.

bbsam

Staff member
So your fear is that ordinary people might lose their tempers and start shooting?
Your irrational fears should not interfere with our freedoms.
Your rights aren't what you think they are. They are not how you interpret the Constitution. They are what the Supreme Court tells you they are.

soberups

Saw a video of bank robbers in a shootout wearing body armor. Looked pretty effective to me. But defensive measures aren't as cool, are they? Defending the homeland doesn't have the same flare as invading countries.
Reread my post, I said that body armor is a waste of resources for the average civilian. "Average civilians" don't go around robbing banks.

bbsam

Staff member
So if its OK to curtail our 2nd Amendment rights under the guise of "states rights", would it also be OK to curtail our 15th Amendment rights using the same excuse? I seem to recall "states rights" being a standard excuse for disenfranchising an entire segment of the population.
Worth a shot. States rights has been invoked many times. Sometimes it holds sway with the court, sometimes it doesn't.

realbrown1

Your rights aren't what you think they are. They are not how you interpret the Constitution. They are what the Supreme Court tells you they are.
My rights don't come from the constitution.
They are inherent rights granted by god.
The Constitution limits government powers over the people. So, my rights, according to our founding fathers, come from god, not the government.

bbsam

Staff member
Reread my post, I said that body armor is a waste of resources for the average civilian. "Average civilians" don't go around robbing banks.
Well that is no reason for them not to fear who may or may not be carrying a weapon and ready to do harm on them. If they are afraid, they should take precautions. Effective body armor os a precaution as much if not more so that carrying any number of weapons that the police found completely useless.

soberups

worked pretty good for these guys
It worked well because the LAPD at that time was armed only with shotguns and 9mm pistols that could not penetrate the armor worn by the bad guys and lacked the range and accuracy needed for head shots. Out of desperation, several officers went to a nearby gun shop to obtain scoped high-powered rifles but by that time SWAT had arrived with suitable weapons and were able to end the battle. This event is what caused many police agencies to begin equipping patrol officers with AR-15's that have the range and power needed to defeat body armor.