guns

Bringdough

Your rights aren't what you think they are. They are not how you interpret the Constitution. They are what the Supreme Court tells you they are.
Wrong! They are what the 2nd amendment says they are. SCOTUS gets things wrong on many occasions. Plessy v ferguson, korematsu, brown v board of education.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
My rights don't come from the constitution.
They are inherent rights granted by god.
The Constitution limits government powers over the people. So, my rights, according to our founding fathers, come from god, not the government.
Well then, nothing me or anybody else does can infringe on those rights so go ahead and do whatever you want and when you are arrested for whatever runs you afoul of the law, just go ahead and explain your God given rights to the judge. I'm sure she'll understand.

bbsam

Staff member
Wrong! They are what the 2nd amendment says they are. SCOTUS gets things wrong on many occasions. Plessy v ferguson, korematsu, brown v board of education.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Wrong. The Constitution determines that the power to determine constitutionality lies with the Supreme Court. So though you and I may disagree with any number of it's rulings, their determination is THE interpretation that matters until they see things differently. Many people seem not to understand that.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
what makes you so afraid of Regulation?
I get a bit worried when the people who want to "regulate" my guns are the same people who don't think I should be allowed to have them in the first place. Imagine trying to get a drivers license if your local DMV was staffed by people who felt that cars were evil and driving should be banned. That's the same feeling I get when people like Michael Bloomberg and Diane Feinstein start talking about "reasonable" and "common sense" gun regulations. Those people aren't reasonable, they don't have any common sense, and their ultimate goal is the complete disarmament of the citizenry with exceptions made only for the wealthy and politically well connected.

bbsam

Staff member
I get a bit worried when the people who want to "regulate" my guns are the same people who don't think I should be allowed to have them in the first place. Imagine trying to get a drivers license if your local DMV was staffed by people who felt that cars were evil and driving should be banned. That's the same feeling I get when people like Michael Bloomberg and Diane Feinstein start talking about "reasonable" and "common sense" gun regulations. Those people aren't reasonable, they don't have any common sense, and their ultimate goal is the complete disarmament of the citizenry with exceptions made only for the wealthy and politically well connected.
But that's a "straw man" argument. Nobody is banning guns and if they did, that is a slam dunk case for.being unconstitutional. The problem for you and others is that there is a.wide open space of possibilities between radical "no regulation" and "banning". That territory is presided over by the Supreme Court.

Bringdough

Your rights aren't what you think they are. They are not how you interpret the Constitution. They are what the Supreme Court tells you they are.
Wrong! SCOTUS has made terrible decisions in the past. They are humans and make mistakes. Plessy v ferguson, korematsu, brown v board of education, obama care, row v wade. It's foolish to say that are the final authority.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bringdough

Wrong. The Constitution determines that the power to determine constitutionality lies with the Supreme Court. So though you and I may disagree with any number of it's rulings, their determination is THE interpretation that matters until they see things differently. Many people seem not to understand that.
If so, then why did the people through congressional legislation correct these problems, except for roe v wade, just invented out of thin air. The constitution is black and white, it's not living and breathing, so many people don't understand that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If so, then why did the people through congressional legislation correct these problems, except for roe v wade, just invented out of thin air. The constitution is black and white, it's not living and breathing, so many people don't understand that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

If the constitution is black and white when written my fine historical scholar, why did there need to be amendments to it?

According to you, if black and white, blacks cant vote, women cant vote, white people can have slaves imported for 10 dollars a head and only white people between 18 and 45 years of age could belong to the militia.

I think its YOU that doesnt understand that its a living breathing instrument of progressive change.

Think about it bro, before you make a fool out of yourself like the rest of these people.

TOS.

bbsam

Staff member

Sent using BrownCafe App
maybe you could explain that to the justices.

Bringdough

If the constitution is black and white when written my fine historical scholar, why did there need to be amendments to it?

According to you, if black and white, blacks cant vote, women cant vote, white people can have slaves imported for 10 dollars a head and only white people between 18 and 45 years of age could belong to the militia.

I think its YOU that doesnt understand that its a living breathing instrument of progressive change.

Think about it bro, before you make a fool out of yourself like the rest of these people.

TOS.
And where have progressive policies gotten us? A creeping intrusive govt that affects our everyday lifes. Social programs that do not work, that have been used as a social playground for liberals. EPA destroys private property rights of individuals, a federal reserve that destroys the value if the currency. An IRS that punishes the wealthy only because they are successful, an agency that tried to destroy first amendment rights of tea party groups. Dept of education that doesn't educate anyone. Federal workers who make %50 more than private sector workers. The VA workers who were told to stop processing vet applications and to work on Obamacare applications. The disastrous immigration policies of the last 30 years.trillions of dollars in debt we will probably never pay off. Even the changing of the way senators are elected have damaged this country. That's the history of the progressive movement.

Sent using BrownCafe App

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My rights don't come from the constitution.
They are inherent rights granted by god.
The Constitution limits government powers over the people. So, my rights, according to our founding fathers, come from god, not the government.

Claiming your right for unlimited gun ownership is a "right from God" would be hysterical if it weren't downright terryfying

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Claiming your right for unlimited gun ownership is a "right from God" would be hysterical if it weren't downright terryfying
Not my interpretation, that is the view of most of our founding fathers.
And since they wrote and edited the constitution and bill of rights, it is their view I'll be going by.
Did you fail US History in school.?

trickpony1

Hey TOS-
I wonder how many of the "biker friends" that you claim to have in Idaho, or was it Iowa, carry concealed?

Go tell them how stupid they are.

Bringdough

Nowhere did he say unlimited gun rights come from god. But we do have a right to defend ourselves, from crime, from tyranny from an oppressive govt, which suffer from today.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rainman

Its all good.
And the Constitution also does not say that there can be no restriction on gun ownership. It only says that gun ownership is a right and the government therefore cannot outlaw that ownership. That leaves a wide and powerful area for the government to regulate constitutionally even if all it does is make some constituents feel better.
So what is your idea of proper restriction on gun ownership? What are the parameters? Who can and cannot legally own a gun?

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
http://crooksandliars.com/2014/07/tx-pastor-shot-during-home-robbery-his-own

Texas Pastor Killed By Intruder With His Own Gun
The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun–and who could be ‘gooder’ than a God-fearing, Texan Christian pastor?

Unfortunately for 69-year-old Donald Frazier, the GGWAG lie pushed by the NRA does not stand up to reality. Frazier and his wife woke up when they heard their generator turn on. The pastor noticed that the entry to his garage was open, so he grabbed his trusty Bad Guy Eliminator and went to investigate.

When he saw a man in his garage, he confronted him, while Mrs. Frazier called 911. The intruder, 30-year-old Daniel Durham, grabbed the pastor’s gun during the altercation and shot him with it.

“It was about three or four hours into our sleeping and we heard some pops. It was real crisp. It sounded like a small-caliber gun maybe a .22,” neighbor Rick Soto said.

Frazier died at the scene, but police managed to capture Durham in another part of the neighborhood.

Neighbors through the gunshots were fireworks.

“We didn’t think much of it—being 4th of July,” said neighbor Rick Soto. “We just thought it was fireworks, but it sounded something different after that. We didn’t hear any commotion or anything. It’s sad to hear. He’s real friendly—waves to me. I believe he was true to his faith, had a good religion, was good in the community. They were a really nice couple.”

“He has been cooperating with investigators here at the scene and so hopefully when we get him down to the office we can get a statement from him and find out exactly what is going on,” Ben Beall with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office said.

It’s unfortunate that any life could have been lost to a maniac with a gun–however, it is important to note that Durham would not have had a gun had Frazier not essentially handed it to him. Had the pastor simply called 911, we would have simply had an unarmed bad guy behind bars, and a pastor who would continue to preach the Good Word and be a light of the community.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And where have progressive policies gotten us? A creeping intrusive govt that affects our everyday lifes. Social programs that do not work, that have been used as a social playground for liberals. EPA destroys private property rights of individuals, a federal reserve that destroys the value if the currency. An IRS that punishes the wealthy only because they are successful, an agency that tried to destroy first amendment rights of tea party groups. Dept of education that doesn't educate anyone. Federal workers who make %50 more than private sector workers. The VA workers who were told to stop processing vet applications and to work on Obamacare applications. The disastrous immigration policies of the last 30 years.trillions of dollars in debt we will probably never pay off. Even the changing of the way senators are elected have damaged this country. That's the history of the progressive movement.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Progressive policies did away with slavery. They did away with only land owners having the right to vote. They did away with only white men ages 18 to 45 owning guns. They created CIVIL rights for all citizens of every color. They allowed women to vote, own land and businesses. They took care of our elderly so they dont wander our streets like zombies.

Progressive policies have helped all americans of every color move forward in life. Something that wasnt intended in the original constitution.

Did you miss the last 200 years?

The department of education has leveled the playing field of children of all color. The IRS has a duty to collect taxes and seek out those that would try to evade taxes by creating false political groups. The VA has been in trouble for years, and with TWO unnecessary wars adding thousands of new patients, what did you think was going to happen to the system? Did you forget about the wars?

This country is a progressive nation, and the days of the white mans rule is over. Say goodbye to those "good ole' days".

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
http://crooksandliars.com/2014/07/tx-pastor-shot-during-home-robbery-his-own
Texas Pastor Killed By Intruder With His Own Gun
The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun–and who could be ‘gooder’ than a God-fearing, Texan Christian pastor?

Unfortunately for 69-year-old Donald Frazier, the GGWAG lie pushed by the NRA does not stand up to reality. Frazier and his wife woke up when they heard their generator turn on. The pastor noticed that the entry to his garage was open, so he grabbed his trusty Bad Guy Eliminator and went to investigate.

When he saw a man in his garage, he confronted him, while Mrs. Frazier called 911. The intruder, 30-year-old Daniel Durham, grabbed the pastor’s gun during the altercation and shot him with it.

“It was about three or four hours into our sleeping and we heard some pops. It was real crisp. It sounded like a small-caliber gun maybe a .22,” neighbor Rick Soto said.

Frazier died at the scene, but police managed to capture Durham in another part of the neighborhood.

Neighbors through the gunshots were fireworks.

“We didn’t think much of it—being 4th of July,” said neighbor Rick Soto. “We just thought it was fireworks, but it sounded something different after that. We didn’t hear any commotion or anything. It’s sad to hear. He’s real friendly—waves to me. I believe he was true to his faith, had a good religion, was good in the community. They were a really nice couple.”

“He has been cooperating with investigators here at the scene and so hopefully when we get him down to the office we can get a statement from him and find out exactly what is going on,” Ben Beall with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office said.

It’s unfortunate that any life could have been lost to a maniac with a gun–however, it is important to note that Durham would not have had a gun had Frazier not essentially handed it to him. Had the pastor simply called 911, we would have simply had an unarmed bad guy behind bars, and a pastor who would continue to preach the Good Word and be a light of the community.

Like most gun owners, they are killed with their own weapons more often than not.

TOS.