guns

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Do you drink your tea hot or cold?
with brekkie i like hot tea,but nothing goes with lunch like a cold glass of Chik Fila sweet tea!
unlike my family in our funny little island i dislike room temp beer,and also dislike american beer at ANY temp

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
(Why was this posted deleted?) we cant have an honest discussion anymore?

Cmon bro, you have said it yourself many times on this board. We can tell from your posts that you are that "personality" type that thinks they have it all figured out come a shoot out.

The old John Wayne syndrome.

You have told us stories, like the one where you pick up a black hitchhiker, and then put her up front with your wife, and you sit in the back with your hand on your gun, using your wife as bait, just hoping the black man would do something so you could draw your weapon and blow his brains out.

Those are your own words, not ours.

Those stupid "inanimate" objects as you like to call them when you defend them as harmless, yet, you cant leave your home without one, nor can you live in your home without feeling the need to have one loaded, nor can you escape the very constant thought about them.

Obsessive come to mind?

I love my harley davidson motorcycles, but I also drive my cars and trucks. I dont live every waking second of my life creating a false need to be on the motorcycle.

Its a hobby, as should be your guns.

But in a world, where in your mind, you are trapped and held prisoner by false illusions of grandeur, its clear you are hoping to be "that guy" that gets to shoot a bad guy at a mcdonalds, target, walmart, gas station, nursery school, elementary school or even your front yard.

Then, it isnt about the second amendment as it is your pyschological disorder.

But please, spare us the denial.

TOS

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/guns.288980/page-462#ixzz37V8J8qEH

moreluck

golden ticket member
Legislation has consequences.

Via NRO

Yet another storied firearms manufacturer is snubbing the Northeast. Frank Miniter explains over at Forbes:

America’s largest shotgun manufacturer, O.friend. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., decided not to expand in Connecticut. Sure it was founded there 1919 and still has its corporate headquarters in North Haven. But in 2013 Connecticut rushed through legislation to ban some of Mossberg’s popular products. As a result, Mossberg CEO, Iver Mossberg, says, “Investing in Texas was an easy decision. It’s a state that is not only committed to economic growth but also honors and respects the Second Amendment and the firearm freedoms it guarantees for our customers.”

Mossberg follows Remington Arms, Kahr Arms, Les Baer Custom, Lewis Machine & Tool, American Tactical Imports, Ruger, Colt, Stag Arms, PTR Industries, Magpul, and Beretta in moving operations out of anti-gun states.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Ido have a couple of shotguns in the house(family heirlooms if you will) but due to the grandkids coming over so often I keep them locked away and unloaded.
I know my dogs and alarms are FAR better protection than trying to fumble with a gun in the dark ( i do keep an old golf club handy for Opossums eeating the food i put out for the feral cats) and I feel that 911 will solve the problem quicker than me trying to be a hero.
I dont consider being part of a 'nanny state' i consider it being an ADULT and making SMART decisions!

In other words...you are just like me. A law-abiding, gun-owning American who has made a decision for himself how best to exercise his Second Amendment rights.

Your choices are different from mine because your circumstances are different from mine, and it would be both arrogant and ignorant of me to say that your choices are wrong for your situation. Or vice versa.

All I am advocating for...is that the choice should be YOURS to freely make and the right should be YOURS to freely exercise in a manner that YOU see fit, without infringement or the need to beg some government bureaucrat for "permission."

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
FYI I too have small children (grand nephews and nieces at this point) in my home from time to time so like you I keep all of my guns locked up at all times.

Dogs and alarms are a prudent precaution to take, but I personally am not comfortable placing sole responsibity for my protection in the hands of a dog or a police agency whose response time I have no control over. The job of a dog or alarm is to first alert ME to the presence of an intruder so that I can be awake and able to assess and deal with the threat in case the police do not arrive in time.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
In other words...you are just like me. A law-abiding, gun-owning American who has made a decision for himself how best to exercise his Second Amendment rights.

Your choices are different from mine because your circumstances are different from mine, and it would be both arrogant and ignorant of me to say that your choices are wrong for your situation. Or vice versa.

All I am advocating for...is that the choice should be YOURS to freely make and the right should be YOURS to freely exercise in a manner that YOU see fit, without infringement or the need to beg some government bureaucrat for "permission."
agreed

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
you'd be rather surprised. i'm half Brit and half Redneck .

Holy crap.

That makes you a Dentist nightmare....

Or, a prime candidate to be examined by a dental college. :biggrin:

(it's a joke.... funny one at that)

CHICAGO — Seven men suspected of swapping drugs and weapons between Marion and a Chicago suburb face federal charges.

“Gun thefts and guns being traded for drugs is a huge problem,” Maj. Jay McDonald said. “Guns being stolen here in Marion and traded to Chicago fuels the drug problem here and violence there.”

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20140716/NEWS01/307160009/7-federally-charged-running-guns-drugs

What a shock.

oldngray

nowhere special
guncontrolcartoon.jpg