guns

moreluck

golden ticket member
10xt24g.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wonder if I can get one , you know to safely store my guns & stuff .
Albuquerque Police to get rid of military armored vehicles
The Albuquerque Police Department says it turns out it doesn't need a massive armored vehicle that the city obtained as military surplus and plans to dispose of it.
Police Department spokesman Janet Blair says Albuquerque got its 14-foot-tall, 22.5-ton vehicle eight months ago but has not used it in the field.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, I see that we can rest assured that GUNS dont kill people, but at least we still know that BULLETS do.

Again, just another white man, excersizing his second amendment rights (*wink*) and using his assault rifle to kill his own family members.

Gee, I wonder what they could have done to deserve capital punishment?

TOS.

BrownArmy

On a side note, vis-a-vis capitol punishment, we ought to go back to the firing squad.

For certain reasons, the USA seems to be unable or unwilling to manufacture the drug cocktail used in executions, and the EU won't sell it to us.

The latest execution took almost two hours (gasp), using substandard 'kill-em drugs'.

Skip all that, skip the bad press, get back to basics.

Death by firing squad.

Five shooters, all marksmen, two are shooting blanks: no shooter will ever know if he was the one who pulled the kill shot.

Quick, clean, over.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
On a side note, vis-a-vis capitol punishment, we ought to go back to the firing squad.

For certain reasons, the USA seems to be unable or unwilling to manufacture the drug cocktail used in executions, and the EU won't sell it to us.

The latest execution took almost two hours (gasp), using substandard 'kill-em drugs'.

Skip all that, skip the bad press, get back to basics.

Death by firing squad.

Five shooters, all marksmen, two are shooting blanks: no shooter will ever know if he was the one who pulled the kill shot.

Quick, clean, over.

Anyone with any shooting experience at all can easily tell from the recoil whether or not the round they just fired was a blank.

If someone is willing to serve on a firing squad then there is no reason to continue the archaic ritual of trying to assuage their guilt by having one of the rifles loaded with a blank.

For that matter, we don't need a firing squad. One round to the back of the head, Chinese style, is all it takes.

I am opposed to capitol punishment but if we are going to do it then we need to get over our squeamishness and guilt as a society and do it right.

BrownArmy

Well thanks for spoiling my post with facts. :)

We agree, and you've made my point:

If we're going to employ capital punishment, no sense in being shy about it.

I don't agree with the death sentence, but since it's the law of the land (in certain States), let's be completely honest about what we're doing.

Bullet to the back of the head, yes, that makes the point.

But, but, but...

How will society deal with the trauma that the executioner faces?

In a similar fashion and in the same way that we deal with the trauma of our returning vets?

This is why we agree...this yarn unravels rather quickly...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Instead of going "back" to the firing squad, maybe we should go forward as a civilized society. There is no excuse for capital punishment. It doesn't deter crime, it is simply vengeance, and more blood.

For those who will say, what if it was your loved one who was murdered, wouldn't you want the criminal dead? Yes I might want them dead, at my own hands. I wouldn't want the government to do my dirty work for me.

wayfair

swollen member
Haha, used to have an on-car, pretty cool guy I thought, that had gotten transferred to another Ctr... welp I guess he decided he was smarter than UPS and started stealing firearms and got caught

moreluck

golden ticket member
Like I have said before, GUNS are the drug of choice for gun addicts. The attraction of guns makes people do stupid things. For the second time in southern california, GUNS have brought another UPSer down.

https://www.atf.gov/press/releases/...d-giving-firearms-associate-sale-streets.html

TOS.
"GUNS have brought another UPSer down" (tos)

Sounds like the UPSer made some poor, criminal choices.........he'd be 'going away' anyhow because he's a criminal .

brett636

Like I have said before, GUNS are the drug of choice for gun addicts. The attraction of guns makes people do stupid things. For the second time in southern california, GUNS have brought another UPSer down.

https://www.atf.gov/press/releases/...d-giving-firearms-associate-sale-streets.html

TOS.

As moreluck correctly pointed out poor choices took this UPSer down. From where I sit I can think of literally hundreds of items within a few feet of me that could be used in an illegal manner. If I used one or all of these inanimate objects for an illegal purpose is it the fault of the item for merely existing that it was used illegally or the person who used it?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
As moreluck correctly pointed out poor choices took this UPSer down. From where I sit I can think of literally hundreds of items within a few feet of me that could be used in an illegal manner. If I used one or all of these inanimate objects for an illegal purpose is it the fault of the item for merely existing that it was used illegally or the person who used it?

Can you name another inanimate object that could bring in as much money on the black market?

Of course you cant.

There is no market for dvd's, radios, electronics, as much as GUNS.

The GUNS, make the theft more dubious. The idea that the GUNS will bring in more money separate them from ALL other inanimate objects.

Name another inanimate object that could be stolen from UPS that could or would be used in a murder, robbery or domestic killing of a wife or children.

GUNS are like drugs, and those people inclined to be hooked on guns, will do anything to get their hands on one.

TOS.