guns

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Those agents didn't just go to a gun store and buy those guns. They had extensive training and background checks. They also are probably spied on by the government on a regular basis. Not to mention I seriously doubt they are allowed to take those guns home with them. If someone wants to submit to all that then I say they should be able to "have" those guns too.
You might want to recheck those background reports .
http://blog.tuffyproducts.com/fbi-agent-has-guns-stolen-from-vehicle/
http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wa...n-from-atf-fizzled-out-ih9b3i8-201363991.html
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...atf-agents-reportedly-lost-track-dozens-guns/

Johney

Pineapple King
I have a great life here in california. I pay my fair share and live in a safe neighborhood. Unlike you "freedom fighters" sleeping with guns and peeping out your windows every three minutes.
I have cameras no need to look out the windows.

I have the freedom to go to a store without ever having to have a thought that I might be engaged in some ludicrous gun battle while i pick up a gallon of milk.
How in the hell could you know that? You want to pick six lotto numbers for me seeing as you can predict the future.

For the rest of you, you call that living. I laugh in your faces.
Just remember to keep laughing if something were to ever happen and I'm the one with the gun taking your food to feed my family.
Clown.

TOS.

Johney

Pineapple King
I have a great life here in california. I pay my fair share and live in a safe neighborhood. Unlike you "freedom fighters" sleeping with guns and peeping out your windows every three minutes.

I have the freedom to go to a store without ever having to have a thought that I might be engaged in some ludicrous gun battle while i pick up a gallon of milk.

For the rest of you, you call that living. I laugh in your faces.

TOS.
California????? Ahhhhh hello? I'm sure these people thought the same thing.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't know how to post links. Could someone please look up the Shaneen Allen case in New Jersey and post a link to it? Basically we have a gainfully employed, law-abiding, African-American mother who...after being robbed twice...legally purchased a handgun, got the background checks and the training, and obtained a Pennsylvania concealed handgun license in order to protect herself and her family. Her crime? Driving across the river into New Jersey under the mistaken assumption that her permit (valid in 30 other states) was recognized there. After getting pulled over by the police for a traffic infraction she notified the officer that there was a gun in her purse and was promptly handcuffed and put in jail for 40 days. She is now facing almost 10 years in prison if convicted, for doing nothing more than crossing a state line.

What is particularly disgusting about this case is that the same judge and prosecutor who granted Pre Trial Intervention (basically probation and a warning+ community service) to NFL player Ray Rice for beating his fiancé unconscious in an elevator have chosen to deny this opportunity to Ms. Allen even though she is a nurse with no criminal record and who is not being charged with a violent crime.

I cant wait to hear what sort of spin TOS tries to put on this one. He constantly rails against white male gun owners killing their families and being the root of all evil....what about a law-abiding African American mother of two? Does she really deserve 10 years in prison for doing nothing more than crossing a line on a map?

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't know how to post links. Could someone please look up the Shaneen Allen case in New Jersey and post a link to it? Basically we have a gainfully employed, law-abiding, African-American mother who...after being robbed twice...legally purchased a handgun, got the background checks and the training, and obtained a Pennsylvania concealed handgun license in order to protect herself and her family. Her crime? Driving across the river into New Jersey under the mistaken assumption that her permit (valid in 30 other states) was recognized there. After getting pulled over by the police for a traffic infraction she notified the officer that there was a gun in her purse and was promptly handcuffed and put in jail for 40 days. She is now facing almost 10 years in prison if convicted, for doing nothing more than crossing a state line.

What is particularly disgusting about this case is that the same judge and prosecutor who granted Pre Trial Intervention (basically probation and a warning+ community service) to NFL player Ray Rice for beating his fiancé unconscious in an elevator have chosen to deny this opportunity to Ms. Allen even though she is a nurse with no criminal record and who is not being charged with a violent crime.

I cant wait to hear what sort of spin TOS tries to put on this one. He constantly rails against white male gun owners killing their families and being the root of all evil....what about a law-abiding African American mother of two? Does she really deserve 10 years in prison for doing nothing more than crossing a line on a map?

Honest Gun-Owning Mom Busted In NJ Could Face 3 Years In Prison
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/25996007/nj-gun-permit-problems

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Family asks for ‘memorial’ donations to the NRA after son is killed by ‘unloaded’ gun
By David Edwards
Thursday, August 7, 2014 13:31 EDT
Share on facebook6KShare on twitter149Share on google_plusone_share24 Share on printShare on email

ktvi_campbell_140807a-615x345.jpg

A Missouri family whose son was killed by a gun that was supposed to be unloaded is asking for “memorial” donations to be sent to the National Rifle Association (NRA) or other gun-rights groups in his memory.

On Wednesday, 21-year-old Makenzie Halinski was sentenced to seven years in prison for fatally shooting her boyfriend, 20-year-old Cole Campbell, according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

In an interview with Festus police, Halinski said that Campbell had a makeshift shooting range in his basement, and had been teaching her how to use guns on June 24. She said that he told her that one of the guns was unloaded, and said, “Shoot me.” But the gun was loaded, and a bullet struck Campbell in the forehead when she pulled the trigger.

She stated that the pair had been drinking and smoking marijuana at the time of the shooting. ThePost-Dispatch also reported that the St. Louis County bomb and arson unit had to be called in to remove “several suspicious items” found at the crime scene. Those items were later described as “pipe bombs.”

Halinski apologized at her sentencing. “I didn’t know anything about guns,” she explained

It was clear in Facebook photos obtained by the Daily Mail that Campbell had a love for firearms. In one photo, he stands in front of a Confederate battle flag holding a rifle. Other photos show him wearing masks, and military gear while holding assault rifles or pistols.

The Post-Dispatch dispatch pointed out that Campbell’s family had said that he aspired to be a gunsmith.

“Memorials in his memory preferred to the N.R.A. or any gun rights organization,” the family asked in Campbell’s obituary.

oldngray

nowhere special
Family asks for ‘memorial’ donations to the NRA after son is killed by ‘unloaded’ gun
By David Edwards
Share on facebook6KShare on twitter149Share on google_plusone_share24 Share on printShare on email

A Missouri family whose son was killed by a gun that was supposed to be unloaded is asking for “memorial” donations to be sent to the National Rifle Association (NRA) or other gun-rights groups in his memory.

On Wednesday, 21-year-old Makenzie Halinski was sentenced to seven years in prison for fatally shooting her boyfriend, 20-year-old Cole Campbell, according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

In an interview with Festus police, Halinski said that Campbell had a makeshift shooting range in his basement, and had been teaching her how to use guns on June 24. She said that he told her that one of the guns was unloaded, and said, “Shoot me.” But the gun was loaded, and a bullet struck Campbell in the forehead when she pulled the trigger.

She stated that the pair had been drinking and smoking marijuana at the time of the shooting. ThePost-Dispatch also reported that the St. Louis County bomb and arson unit had to be called in to remove “several suspicious items” found at the crime scene. Those items were later described as “pipe bombs.”

Halinski apologized at her sentencing. “I didn’t know anything about guns,” she explained

It was clear in Facebook photos obtained by the Daily Mail that Campbell had a love for firearms. In one photo, he stands in front of a Confederate battle flag holding a rifle. Other photos show him wearing masks, and military gear while holding assault rifles or pistols.

The Post-Dispatch dispatch pointed out that Campbell’s family had said that he aspired to be a gunsmith.

“Memorials in his memory preferred to the N.R.A. or any gun rights organization,” the family asked in Campbell’s obituary.

Donations for a Darwin winner?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Another victim of mandatory minimum sentencing.

wayfair

swollen member
By David Edwards

smoking weed and drinking..." hey, let's go shoot some guns"
said no responsible gun owner ever

soberups

Another victim of mandatory minimum sentencing.
This has nothing to do with mandatory minimum sentencing. She is a victim of an overzealous, anti-gun prosecutor and judge who are denying her the right to take the same Pre-Trial Intervention that they offered to Ray Rice for beating his girlfriend unconscious. We are talking about a single working mom (she is a nurse) whose carry license is valid in 30 states. Her only mistake was in thinking that New Jersey was one of them.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

My point is both pro and con. First, in her home state, she can carry a weapon, whether or not it was to protect her from robberies is another story alltogether and I dont believe it, but regardless of that, in her home state she is free to do what she likes.

She knew she was leaving the state to enter another state. The onus was upon mz allen to check the laws in new jersey before entering that state and breaking a traffic law. Her attitude while stopped is what got her into trouble, something all the right wing gun cites want to ignore.

Having a big mouth and being disruptive and disobedient didnt help her situation at all.

Had she simply cooperated with police during the stop, she would have been able to have been cited and on with her way. Instead, once the situation became confrontational, she notified them that she had a gun when asked.

The stories from gun nut cites, try to make it out like she simply told the cops, "i have a gun in my purse" and the hooked her for no reason.

Every situation has a moment where it escalates. Mz Allen chose to escalate hers to the point where the gun became an issue over the traffic violation.

GUNS are not welcomed into new jersey. Gun deaths in surrounding states have always been attributed to gun sales in new jersey. The law is the law and they dont want guns on the street the way it should be.

The exaggerations of 10 years in prison is laughable at best. The max penalty is 3 years if convicted.

Her lawyer, an experienced NRA lawyer is defending her on the basis of "IGNORANCE OF THE LAW".

Pretty simple defense.

For me, I would have rathered they gave her the probationary penalty and allowed her to go on with her life, but unfortunately, she chose to have a big mouth.

I cant defend that.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
By David Edwards

Idiots with guns.

Same story, different day.

TOS.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This has nothing to do with mandatory minimum sentencing. She is a victim of an overzealous, anti-gun prosecutor and judge who are denying her the right to take the same Pre-Trial Intervention that they offered to Ray Rice for beating his girlfriend unconscious. We are talking about a single working mom (she is a nurse) whose carry license is valid in 30 states. Her only mistake was in thinking that New Jersey was one of them.
Ray Rice was charged with simple-assault, a third degree crime.
This woman was charged with a second degree felony, which is not eligible for the Pre Trial Intervention Program. Of course she shouldn't go to jail, but three years is the minimum for her "crime". This is one of the many problems with mandatory minimum sentencing.

soberups

Having a big mouth and being disruptive and disobedient didnt help her situation at all.

Had she simply cooperated with police during the stop, she would have been able to have been cited and on with her way. Instead, once the situation became confrontational, she notified them that she had a gun when asked.

Wrong.

She was fully cooperative during the traffic stop; she informed the cop about the gun because it was in her purse with her ID and she didn't want to get shot. If you were black and had been pulled over by a white cop you would have done the same thing. Plus, in many states you are required by law during a traffic stop to notify the officer that you are carrying a concealed weapon.

soberups

The exaggerations of 10 years in prison is laughable at best. The max penalty is 3 years if convicted.

Wrong again.

She is facing a term of up to 11 years if convicted; 10 years for the gun and an extra year for having it loaded with hollowpoints.

She was offered a plea bargain of 5 years with the possibility of parole in 3 1/2. Some "bargain".

5 years, for doing nothing more than carrying a gun in her car with a valid Pennsylvania permit that is honored in 30 other states but not New Jersey.

5 years, for being honest with the cop who pulled her over.

5 years, for crossing a line on a map.

What a travesty.

soberups

For me, I would have rathered they gave her the probationary penalty and allowed her to go on with her life, but unfortunately, she chose to have a big mouth.

If she had been Ray Rice, the 240 lb male NFL player who beat his girlfriend unconscious in an elevator, she would have gotten the probation and been allowed to go on with her life.

Instead, she was a single working mom and a law-abiding, licensed, background-checked gun owner whose only crime was to drive across a freaking river....and she was denied probation by the same prosecutor and judge who let Ray Rice walk free.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If she had been Ray Rice, the 240 lb male NFL player who beat his girlfriend unconscious in an elevator, she would have gotten the probation and been allowed to go on with her life.

Instead, she was a single working mom and a law-abiding, licensed, background-checked gun owner whose only crime was to drive across a freaking river....and she was denied probation by the same prosecutor and judge who let Ray Rice walk free.
I already explained to you that second degree felonies are not eligible for the Pre Trial Intervention Program that got Ray Rice off. The judge has no choice because of the mandatory minimum sentencing laws. Why do you keep blaming the judge and prosecutors? The problem is the system.

soberups

I already explained to you that second degree felonies are not eligible for the Pre Trial Intervention Program that got Ray Rice off. The judge has no choice because of the mandatory minimum sentencing laws. Why do you keep blaming the judge and prosecutors? The problem is the system.
The prosecutor could have charged Ray Rice with felony assault, but he chose not to.

He also could have charged Ms. Allen with a lesser offense...as he did with Rice...so that she too could have gotten PTI. Or...he could have dropped the charges altogether. But he chose not to.

I totally agree with you that mandatory minimum sentences are BS. The prosecution can pretty much charge the defendant with whatever they want, and by holding the hammer of a mandatory sentence over their head they can bully the defendant into accepting a plea bargain.

In this case however, the underlying problem is New Jersey's irrational and oppressive gun laws, combined with a prosecutor and a judge who give domestic violence a pass while persecuting a law-abiding woman for crossing a state line.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The prosecutor could have charged Ray Rice with felony assault, but he chose not to.

He also could have charged Ms. Allen with a lesser offense...as he did with Rice...so that she too could have gotten PTI. Or...he could have dropped the charges altogether. But he chose not to.

I totally agree with you that mandatory minimum sentences are BS. The prosecution can pretty much charge the defendant with whatever they want, and by holding the hammer of a mandatory sentence over their head they can bully the defendant into accepting a plea bargain.

In this case however, the underlying problem is New Jersey's irrational and oppressive gun laws, combined with a prosecutor and a judge who give domestic violence a pass while persecuting a law-abiding woman for crossing a state line.
Domestic violence charges are far too weak no doubt about that. Gun charges are far too high, no doubt about that either. But New Jersey has a right to govern themselves, and the ridiculous laws they set are gonna put this lady in jail.

I live in a border county and we spent a good amount of time during my gun class on where we couldn't carry. I bet she wishes she had paid more attention.