guns

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wrong.

She was fully cooperative during the traffic stop; she informed the cop about the gun because it was in her purse with her ID and she didn't want to get shot. If you were black and had been pulled over by a white cop you would have done the same thing. Plus, in many states you are required by law during a traffic stop to notify the officer that you are carrying a concealed weapon.

read the report vs reading some right wing gun nut article.

TOS.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Nobody is robbing St. Louis Ink Tattoo Studio anytime soon. Or County Guns, for that matter. The two north county businesses share a storefront in a Florissant strip mall less than ten minute drive from the epicenter of last night's riots in Ferguson.
Crowds plundered a QuikTrip and burned it to the ground, and local news began reporting brazen raids on other stores in the area.
After hearing of the roving bands of looters, Mike Gutierrez knew he had to protect his tattoo shop. He brought a posse with him, including Adam Weinstein, owner of County Guns, who was acutely worried about criminals getting their hands on his merchandise.

"We didn't want them coming in here and then running around with a bunch of free guns," Weinstein told Daily RFT when we arrive at the store around 12:30 a.m. this morning. Weinstein was outfitted with an assault rifle, pistol and tactical vest. Gutierrez cradled his own rifle in his hands.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Hey TOS...

Here is a report on the Shaneen Allen case from "Black talk radio"

No gun nuts, no angry white people for you to blame everything on...this report is coming from an African American perspective. Its a civil rights issue...this woman is being persecuted.

I'd love to hear your perspective on this one. They want to put her in prison for 5 years and destroy her family, yet the same judge and prosecutor give a wife-beating NFL star a free pass.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Wrong again.

She is facing a term of up to 11 years if convicted; 10 years for the gun and an extra year for having it loaded with hollowpoints.

She was offered a plea bargain of 5 years with the possibility of parole in 3 1/2. Some "bargain".

5 years, for doing nothing more than carrying a gun in her car with a valid Pennsylvania permit that is honored in 30 other states but not New Jersey.

5 years, for being honest with the cop who pulled her over.

5 years, for crossing a line on a map.

What a travesty.
With all due respect: It's is WELL known how strict the hand gun laws are in New York and New Jersey.frankly I am at a loss over how she could "forget" she had the gun knowing she was going into such a restrictive state. I have forgotten wherer I put my keys,I have forgotten to let the dog out but I can say I have never ever forgotten where my weapons are

soberups

With all due respect: It's is WELL known how strict the hand gun laws are in New York and New Jersey.frankly I am at a loss over how she could "forget" she had the gun knowing she was going into such a restrictive state. I have forgotten wherer I put my keys,I have forgotten to let the dog out but I can say I have never ever forgotten where my weapons are

Read the story.

She didn't "forget" that she had the gun. She informed the officer that she was carrying it, and that she had a valid Pennsylvania carry permit. The only thing she is guilty of is being unaware that her permit was not recognized in New Jersey. Is her honest mistake worthy of an 11 year prison sentence and forcing her two children to grow up without their mother? And why in the hell has she not been given the same opportunity for pretrial intervention that was granted to wife-beating NFL star Ray Rice?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a local doctor who tried to board a plane with a loaded gun in his carry on. Turns out he had gone to the range that morning and grabbed the wrong bag for his flight. He was eventually allowed to board the plane.

Resident know-it-all.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Read the story.

She didn't "forget" that she had the gun. She informed the officer that she was carrying it, and that she had a valid Pennsylvania carry permit. The only thing she is guilty of is being unaware that her permit was not recognized in New Jersey. Is her honest mistake worthy of an 11 year prison sentence and forcing her two children to grow up without their mother? And why in the hell has she not been given the same opportunity for pretrial intervention that was granted to wife-beating NFL star Ray Rice?
I still dont understand why she took a handgun into a state that is KNOWN for zero tolerance on handguns,it boggles the mind. I will admit i assumed she forgot she had the weapon as that is the only reason I could imagine for her having ot
Her carry permit means absolutely nothing in New Jersey,and again this is something that i would classify as Common Knowledge that she should have known.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We had a local doctor who tried to board a plane with a loaded gun in his carry on. Turns out he had gone to the range that morning and grabbed the wrong bag for his flight. He was eventually allowed to board the plane.

Resident know-it-all.
If that happens in Atlanta you go directly to jail

"The Atlanta Police Department will arrest you and charge you for that violation," Atlanta police Chief George Turner.
http://www.cbs46.com/story/23150424...r-confiscated-guns-wynonna-judd-says-shes-not

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The doctor in question is also a county legislator. The sheriff who handled the case made the call to let him board. There was a lot of talk that he received special treatment.

Resident know-it-all.

soberups

I still dont understand why she took a handgun into a state that is KNOWN for zero tolerance on handguns,it boggles the mind. I will admit i assumed she forgot she had the weapon as that is the only reason I could imagine for her having ot
Her carry permit means absolutely nothing in New Jersey,and again this is something that i would classify as Common Knowledge that she should have known.

I will agree with you that it was her responsibility to be aware of the laws in the state she was carrying the gun in. She made an honest mistake. She thought that New Jersey was one of the 30 states that do honor her permit, and she was wrong.

Do you think her honest mistake is worthy of prison time? Is there any justification for denying her the right to probation or pretrial intervention that is normally offered to people in New Jersey with no criminal record who are charged with a non violent offense?

soberups

The doctor in question is also a county legislator. The sheriff who handled the case made the call to let him board. There was a lot of talk that he received special treatment.

Resident know-it-all.
I would have no problem with a hefty fine in this case, or even probation with community service. I don't see the point in imposing prison time for an honest mistake made by someone with an otherwise spotless record who didn't hurt anyone and had no criminal intent.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would have no problem with a hefty fine in this case, or even probation with community service. I don't see the point in imposing prison time for an honest mistake made by someone with an otherwise spotless record who didn't hurt anyone and had no criminal intent.

No fine or community service---hence the "special treatment".

Resident know-it-all.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I will agree with you that it was her responsibility to be aware of the laws in the state she was carrying the gun in. She made an honest mistake. She thought that New Jersey was one of the 30 states that do honor her permit, and she was wrong.

Do you think her honest mistake is worthy of prison time? Is there any justification for denying her the right to probation or pretrial intervention that is normally offered to people in New Jersey with no criminal record who are charged with a non violent offense?
I agree with you that the penalty is very very harsh. Having said that i know if I try to take a firearm thru Atlanta's Airport I will be arrested and heavily fined,so i dont try to take one.I think that is harsh,so i take steps not to have it happen I also know that if speed 30 miles over the speed limit and am ticketed in Georgia I will receive a Super Speeder ticket which carries twice the points against ones Drivers License and nearly Three times the fines of a regular speeding ticket. I think that is a very harsh penalty,so I am certain to watch my speed. do you see where I am going with this? she should have KNOWN better

soberups

I agree with you that the penalty is very very harsh. Having said that i know if I try to take a firearm thru Atlanta's Airport I will be arrested and heavily fined,so i dont try to take one.I think that is harsh,so i take steps not to have it happen I also know that if speed 30 miles over the speed limit and am ticketed in Georgia I will receive a Super Speeder ticket which carries twice the points against ones Drivers License and nearly Three times the fines of a regular speeding ticket. I think that is a very harsh penalty,so I am certain to watch my speed. do you see where I am going with this? she should have KNOWN better
No one is disputing that she should have known better, but the penalty they are trying to impose upon her isn't "harsh" it is barbaric and totally out of proportion to the offense. We aren't talking about a heavy fine or points on a drivers license, we are talking about an 11 year prison sentence and destroying an entire family simply because the judge and prosecutor hate guns.

wayfair

swollen member
you know, if she was a felon or criminal, she wouldn't have said sheet about having a gun, and she'd get a ticket and move along.
When you get the license to CCW, during a traffic stop, you are suppose to inform the LEO that you have a CCW. Now she's an idiot not to know New Jersey isn't a state that recognizes reciprocity with Pennsylvania and I'm sure her CCW instructor boldly told all of the students that they don't

BrownArmy

No one is disputing that she should have known better, but the penalty they are trying to impose upon her isn't "harsh" it is barbaric and totally out of proportion to the offense. We aren't talking about a heavy fine or points on a drivers license, we are talking about an 11 year prison sentence and destroying an entire family simply because the judge and prosecutor hate guns.

100% agree...

Is there a web-site somewhere to add comments, or is there a fund for legal defense?

My mother was an RN and raised me single handedly...guns were not and will never be my mama's thing, but it makes me crazy this woman is up for jail time.

That's insanity.

PM me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
16atitk.jpg