guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The NRA hates responsibility and would rather have thousands of gun deaths instead of more responsibility. This is a shame.

Peace.

TOS

What an idiotic statement.

The NRA was founded in 1871 to teach firearms safety and responsibility to the general public. The philosophy of the NRA has always been to advocate safety and personal responsibility rather than the "nanny state" government that so many whiny liberals want to rely upon for protection.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

The NRA was founded in 1871 to teach firearms safety and responsibility to the general public. The philosophy of the NRA has always been to advocate safety and personal responsibility rather than the "nanny state" government that so many whiny liberals want to rely upon for protection.

Ya, and I have a bridge to sell you in the grand canyon.

Peace

TOS

soberups

Originally Posted by soberups

The NRA was founded in 1871 to teach firearms safety and responsibility to the general public. The philosophy of the NRA has always been to advocate safety and personal responsibility rather than the "nanny state" government that so many whiny liberals want to rely upon for protection

Ya, and I have a bridge to sell you in the grand canyon.

Peace

TOS

When I was a kid in Boy Scouts, I took an NRA youth gun safety course. Then when I was old enough to start hunting, I took a Hunters Safety Class with an NRA instructor and cirriculum. As an adult, I have also taken the required training classes to obtain my concealed weapon permit---again using materials and an instructor provided by the NRA.

I dont necessarily agree with the NRA on all political issues, but the reality is that they are the foremost authority on gun training and safety. I can state from personal experience that the NRA stresses safety and personal responsibility above all else. And no, I dont need a bridge in the Grand Canyon but thanks for the offer.

Peace.

soberups

Another school gets hit :

Principal killed in Florida school shooting

Yet another example of the complete and total fallacy of the so-called "gun free zone". Apparently, the would-be murderer chose to ignore the little "no guns allowed" stickers on the door. At least the unarmed victim died secure in the knowledge that, by choosing to obey the law, he probably helped to make a liberal somewhere feel warm and fuzzy and safe.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What this shows is how GUN owners CANNOT be TRUSTED to make the right decision when it comes to GUNS. It cant go pass the GUN OWNER. NO matter what laws are on the books, the GUN owner makes the wrong decision EVERYTIME and commits a crime.

The fallacy is allowing citizens to have dangerous weapons that they cannot separate from their daily lives. The ease of taking a gun to school and using it is the biggest problem with GUN ownership.

In every case, the gun was the means to satisfy whatever grievance the shooter had. Gun owners who shoot unarmed people are COWARDS and goes along with living in fear.

Peace

TOS

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
What this shows is how GUN owners CANNOT be TRUSTED to make the right decision when it comes to GUNS. It cant go pass the GUN OWNER. NO matter what laws are on the books, the GUN owner makes the wrong decision EVERYTIME and commits a crime.

The fallacy is allowing citizens to have dangerous weapons that they cannot separate from their daily lives. The ease of taking a gun to school and using it is the biggest problem with GUN ownership.

In every case, the gun was the means to satisfy whatever grievance the shooter had. Gun owners who shoot unarmed people are COWARDS and goes along with living in fear.

Peace

TOS
You have got to be freaking kidding me!?!?!?! Of the estimated 80 million gun owners (see below), 'the gun owner makes the wrong decision EVERYTIME and commits a crime'?? What an idiotic statement. If this was the case, the whole country would be one BIG prison.

How many gun owners are there in the United States of America

[h=2]Number of guns and gun owners in USA.[/h]Most estimates range between 39% and 50% of US households having at least one gun(that's about 43-55 million households). The estimates for the number of privately owned guns range from 190 million to 300 million. Removed those that skew the stats for their own purposes the best estimates are about 45% or 52 million of American households owning 260 million guns).

there are about 80 million gun owners in America with a combining total of 258 million guns

island1fox

Ah !! Nothing like making a bad decision on a cool winter morning. I am driving in to town to eat a good breakfast and:warriorsmiley: then I am going to go the the Local Shooting Club to get a few tips from the Range Master on my new Kimber 45. I really worry someday that my little female cat may use one of my unlocked guns and shoot her older brother who is always harrassing her. First part is the truth --My cats were just keeping the theme of the thread in the foolish idiotic category.

P.S. I do not even speed !! I wonder what crime I am committing ???

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ah !! Nothing like making a bad decision on a cool winter morning. I am driving in to town to eat a good breakfast and:warriorsmiley: then I am going to go the the Local Shooting Club to get a few tips from the Range Master on my new Kimber 45. I really worry someday that my little female cat may use one of my unlocked guns and shoot her older brother who is always harrassing her. First part is the truth --My cats were just keeping the theme of the thread in the foolish idiotic category.

I'm jealous. I want a Kimber. Can I come shooting with you? :hugs:

moreluck

golden ticket member
...."how GUN owners CANNOT be TRUSTED to make the right decision .........."

I'm taking my dog to get her nails trimmed.....I sure hope I've made the right decision !!! :sad-little:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Without revealing too many details I lost my mother due to an unlocked gun. Dave.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In what amounts to bad parenting, this guy shows us how out of control someones thought process can go when they cant handle reality. Rather than dealing with the fact that he raised a disrespectful daughter who posted things about her parents ( in the same fashion as her father speaks), he decides to take out his GUN and cleanse his frustrations by shooting his daughters laptop. He appears to satisfy himself and his mindset by shooting the laptop while making excuses for the action.

bout 14 mins before he demonstrates how stupid he is>:
Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen. - YouTube

Again, we are reminded why GUN owners leap to the gun when they cant control their own lives.

Without knowing how true his daughters rants were, or the fathers explanations for them, this father demonstrates why a GUN should not be in a disfunctional family in the first place. This time, he kills her laptop because he is ANGRY and cant control his emotions, but what about next time?

What if she gets caught using drugs, or becomes pregnant, or dates a black guy? Will this father lose his mind and shoot her next? He seems capable of it. Did he really need to place 6 shots into a device that would have been destroyed by the first bullet? Did he need to mention that his wife asked for a bullet to be placed there in her honor? Was he really that angry that he needed to take the time to memorialize in video his frustrations with his daughter to the point where he felt he needed to kill something to ease his guilt?

His daughter is in a lot of danger having a parent so close to the edge that pulling a handgun out and using it is just that easy.

Nuts with guns raise children who are nuts.

Peace.

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
In what amounts to bad parenting, this guy shows us how out of control someones thought process can go when they cant handle reality. Rather than dealing with the fact that he raised a disrespectful daughter who posted things about her parents ( in the same fashion as her father speaks), he decides to take out his GUN and cleanse his frustrations by shooting his daughters laptop. He appears to satisfy himself and his mindset by shooting the laptop while making excuses for the action.

bout 14 mins before he demonstrates how stupid he is>:
Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen. - YouTube

Again, we are reminded why GUN owners leap to the gun when they cant control their own lives.

Without knowing how true his daughters rants were, or the fathers explanations for them, this father demonstrates why a GUN should not be in a disfunctional family in the first place. This time, he kills her laptop because he is ANGRY and cant control his emotions, but what about next time?

What if she gets caught using drugs, or becomes pregnant, or dates a black guy? Will this father lose his mind and shoot her next? He seems capable of it. Did he really need to place 6 shots into a device that would have been destroyed by the first bullet? Did he need to mention that his wife asked for a bullet to be placed there in her honor? Was he really that angry that he needed to take the time to memorialize in video his frustrations with his daughter to the point where he felt he needed to kill something to ease his guilt?

His daughter is in a lot of danger having a parent so close to the edge that pulling a handgun out and using it is just that easy.

Nuts with guns raise children who are nuts.

Peace.

TOS
This has already been posted.....have seen it many, many places....many many times already.

island1fox

Without revealing too many details I lost my mother due to an unlocked gun. Dave.

Dave sorry to hear about your Mom. I have had friends killed in Auto accidents and relatives that have died of lung cancer. While I support following the law while driving and support where people can smoke --I am very much against banning autos or smoking.

Again, I am sorry for your loss and would never take a shot at you over that --I only defend MY right to legally have firearms . I strongly do not believe that gun safety and training is humerous.

bbsam

Staff member

You don't think gun safety if humorous? Sure looks like you don't take it too seriously.