guns

moreluck

golden ticket member
We have guides here how to get along with Bears. You get them each time for free when you enter Canada Parks (such as Jasper & Banff).
No where do they read to use a gun for self defense against a Bear.

Safe travel in bear country

The Canadian Rocky Mountains are home to both grizzly and black bears. You can run into a bear anywhere here, be it on a busy trail close to town or in the remote backcountry. Bears generally prefer to avoid people. However, encounters between bears and people do occur.
So, there's no humour in Canada, eh?

klein

Für Meno :)
So, there's no humour in Canada, eh?

Not when it comes to killing wildlife. In the USA, I guess it's ok to take a gun and shoot whenever there in a minor threat regarding animals in their natural habitat.
Atleast those States with the "right to carry law".

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not when it comes to killing wildlife. In the USA, I guess it's ok to take a gun and shoot whenever there in a minor threat regarding animals in their natural habitat.
The JOKE wasn't about killing any wildlife..................read the joke again. If that's not funny, then why do you drink beer? What do you talk about in a bar....moose?

texan

moosedroolbreadbattermix.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

You guess wrong.

In the USA it is illegal to kill any wildlife unless (a) it is hunting season and you have a license and a tag for that animal or (b) said animal is a bear or a cougar that is about to EAT you and you shoot it in self defense. And guess what, Klien? The laws are pretty much the same up there in Canada! This may come as a shock to you, Klein, but lots of Canadians do actually own guns and they hunt with them too. Even Americans are allowed to bring guns up there and hunt if they fill out a few forms at the border. I have a freind who hunts up in BC all the time and according to him its easier for him to get into Canada with his rifle than it is for him to get back into the United States with his rifle when the hunt is over.

klein

Für Meno :)
Of course we hunt, but hunting season doesn't start until late Fall.
I have never seen anyone with a gun while camping here during the summer !

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I can almost gurantee that you wouldnt be able to get your hand around the grip. I tried shooting a Para-Ordinance double-stack .45 one time and the grip was too fat for me to hold properly even though I have pretty big hands. It does look like a fun novelty gun, though!
I saw that and I'm sure you are right. I don't like 40's for the same reason. They are just big enough to not be comfortable for me to hold. Still would love to have one. :happy-very:I really like the looks and feel of wood and steel. Not so much the polymer or composite type guns and rifles. Call me old school.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can almost gurantee that you wouldnt be able to get your hand around the grip. I tried shooting a Para-Ordinance double-stack .45 one time and the grip was too fat for me to hold properly even though I have pretty big hands. It does look like a fun novelty gun, though!

Not to sound like a maroon but WTH is a Para-Ordinance double-stack .45?