guns

MAKAVELI

How do you know?
The person in the car with him says he was asked to show ID and registration, what did the cop expect, a magic trick? Where do you keep your ID?
Really if there was no broken tail light or any other driving violation, this was an illegal search and seizure. This cop not only took an innocent mans life but also will lose his job and created a major liability for the city.

oldngray

nowhere special
How do you know?
The person in the car with him says he was asked to show ID and registration, what did the cop expect, a magic trick? Where do you keep your ID?

How do you know the person in the car is telling an accurate story? Her story and her actions don't seem to add up. The statement the cop made tells a different story. The truth may be somewhere in between but very possibly different from what she claims happened.

As usual people need to be patient and wait for facts instead of jumping to conclusions.

Most of the other recent cases ended up different than the initial reports.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Really if there was no broken tail light or any other driving violation, this was an illegal search and seizure. This cop not only took an innocent mans life but also will lose his job and created a major liability for the city.
Broken tail light is besides the point, and there wasn't any search or seizure as far as I know.

Bottom line is the cop probably just profiled the guy and then made a stupid mistake. Won't be the last time.

oldngray

nowhere special

Wrong. A tail light is enough reason to be stopped regardless of whether he was a suspect in a crime.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How do you know the person in the car is telling an accurate story? Her story and her actions don't seem to add up. The statement the cop made tells a different story. The truth may be somewhere in between but very possibly different from what she claims happened.

As usual people need to be patient and wait for facts instead of jumping to conclusions.

Most of the other recent cases ended up different than the initial reports.
I don't know, that's why I was asking how you know, because you stated it as a fact right here:
Because he disobeyed the officers instructions and reached for something unknown when told not to.
So I'd say maybe you should take your own advice.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'll talk about it.

Right after the Federal government allows for a national concealed carry permit for law abiding citizens.

You see, I am more worried about not being able to protect myself and my family from criminals, than I am from the mentally ill.

I believe the crime stats will back me up on that.
Thought all you conservatives were for smaller government and states rights. Does this only apply when it is convenient for you?