guns

floridays

I absolutely have a problem with industrialized meat production, it's unnecessary and wasteful. My point about hunters is that it adds to our violent culture. It desensitizes people to killing. It's a smaller leap to killing people if you already causally kill animals.

Even with a large family it is cheaper to feed them a plant based diet than meat. People eat meat for enjoyment, it's not a necessity. I can respect you killing a deer for food and eating it even if I disagree with it. I respect that much more than people that buy meat without any consideration to where it comes from. My point is that eating meat isn't needed and since it isn't needed it is a choice. The choice is does the enjoyment of meat consumption outweigh the cost of taking a life. For me it doesn't, if everyone had to take the shot themself I think we'd have more vegetarians.

People ask me all the time why I'm a vegetarian. When I flip the question and ask why they eat meat I usually get a blank stare, it's just what our culture does, people don't think about the cost.
Here's why I eat it, it's very tasty and delicious. Have you considered the blank stare may come from someone amazed at being in the presence of a modern day Don Quixote. I'd surmise you begin from the "superior" position of your vegetarianism. Most people don't give a rats behind, don't eat meat if you choose not to, don't force your thoughts on those like tasty animals. My body, my choice, I'm sure you can understand that. Quit tilting at windmills.

floridays

Exactly my point, you eat it for pleasure, something has to die for you to receive that pleasure. It's killing for pleasure. Knock yourself out, just be honest about it.
Keep tilting Don, eat more grubs and roots, I couldn't care less. Do you have any animals? I am aware someone asked you about cat food or dog food and your answer, so don't go back there. A simple question, DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS OR ANIMALS?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I believe as a society and a species we can rise above that primitive thinking.
Another 'winkie' denying their heritage and trying to change their scientific history.
Homo sapiens would not be a species unless they ate meat.
Meat and carbohydrates are needed by the developing brain.

It's OK if some kookie female wants be a vegan but raising their children without adequate protein will result in a regressed individual with reduced body mass and brain size.

floridays

Another 'winkie' denying their heritage and trying to change their scientific history.
Homo sapiens would not be a species unless they ate meat.
Meat and carbohydrates are needed by the developing brain.

It's OK if some kookie female wants be a vegan but raising their children without adequate protein will result in a regressed individual with reduced body mass and brain size.
And smaller pee- pee until the kid self identifies as a female.

BrownArmy

It’s completely possible to live your entire life being a vegan.

It takes a bit more planning, no doubt, but arguments that ‘humans need meat’ are simply false.

Maybe back in the day when we were hunter-gatherers and every source of protein was gold.

It’s 2017 people.

Coal, nuclear, recycling, etc.:

The best possible thing for the planet is if folks consumed less meat.

Flame away!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Man all you cuckservatives really got worked up when a vegetarian expressed his opinion. What a bunch of snowflakes.

You could also look at it another way... He came into a gun thread hating hunters and telling people they shouldn't eat meat... Because meat has feelings and trees and plants don't. :teethy:

So, WTH did he expect. He was stirring the pot like @Monkey Butt likes to do.

Carry on...

It will be fine

You could also look at it another way... He came into a gun thread hating hunters and telling people they shouldn't eat meat... Because meat has feelings and trees and plants don't. :teethy:

So, WTH did he expect. He was stirring the pot like @Monkey Butt likes to do.

Carry on...
I did no such thing. I posited that people intentionally killing things for fun adds to our violent culture. I don't say you shouldn't eat meat, just that you don't need to. There's nuance lost on most of the responders. A few could engage intelligently, most got all angry and attacked me personally.