guns

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Probably to attempt to rehabilitate them and end the school to prison pipeline.
Well we know of one instance where it did not work as does 17 grieving families
Why does Trump blame it on mental illness then propose cutting the budget for mental health
The article you posted said he cut in some areas and added in others. It went on further to say he planned to talk to state governors about it.

Last edited:

BrownArmy

Your flippant response was cute...The article was to put things in perspective, not an attempt to minimize what has happened.

Pull your big boy pants up.

My pants are pulled right up, and my belt's tight.

My response is the same, I guess if it doesn't happen too often, then nothing to worry about.

Because, statistics.

Clearly there isn't anything we could or should do.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
My pants are pulled right up, and my belt's tight.

My response is the same, I guess if it doesn't happen too often, then nothing to worry about.

Because, statistics.

Clearly there isn't anything we could or should do.

From the article:

Fox said, however, some policy changes aimed at decreasing school shootings and gun violence in general certainly have merit. Banning bump stocks and raising the age of purchase for assault rifles from 18 to 21 are good ideas, and may lead to a decrease in overall gun violence, he said. But he doesn’t believe these measures will prevent school shootings. “The thing to remember is that these are extremely rare events, and no matter what you can come up with to prevent it, the shooter will have a workaround,” Fox said, adding that over the past 35 years, there have been only five cases in which someone ages 18 to 20 used an assault rifle in a mass shooting.

Fridel said increasing mental health resources for students is another strategy that might improve school safety, calling this a critical need that has been historically overlooked. She also said that the U.S. is facing a desperate shortage of guidance counselors. In 2014-15, the student-to-school counselor ratio was 482-to-1, according to the American School Counselor Association, nearly twice the organization’s recommended ratio.

“You might have students in a very large school who are troubled but who are basically flying under the radar, because you have one guidance counselor for 400 students,” Fridel said.

Statistically there are far more things to be concerned about, you could say... Right?

El Correcto

god is dead
Ya, let's have heavily armed security everywhere! What a world! We'll all be safe in your police state.
Calm down snowflake. We’re allowed to carry guns and deal with it ourselves. No need to get the government involved.
giphy.gif

El Correcto

god is dead
Who do you think the teachers work for?
If they are allowed to conceal carry guns as citizens going to work suddenly we live in a police state? I don’t care about federal policy and find it disgusting people immediately look to the feds for legislation. Take it up on a state level and quit politicizing tradgedies on a national level. If you want your schools to be unarmed killing fields with pusillanimous for teachers awesome. In my state schools are allowing teachers to carry and at college even the students.

refineryworker05

Are republicans still pretending to care about guns?

You have the nra stressing that Cruz should have had his legally bought guns taken from him based on him not breaking any laws. That’s not an exxgeration of their position on Cruz.

You have Trump saying let’s take all the guns first and due process later.

You have the governor of Florida breaking with the nra.

Outside of uniting around hatred of other Americans, what do republicans actually care about in terms of policy?

Remember gay marriage was the end of civilization. Now they don’t even discuss it. Don’t even care.

Remember the Iraq War was the key to controlling terrorism and creating the conditions for peace in the Middle East.

Now republicans don’t even care about Iraq.

Remember the TEA party the tax enough already party and their focus on debt and deficits. It was all they cared about supposedly. Republican congress increases both and they say nothing. Don’t even care.

Republicans lie all the time and do not care about policy. If you pay a little bit of attention you’ll see that most of the stuff they discuss are just bs distractions.