guns

oldngray

nowhere special
More like Gasoline not included or necessary. ttku :teethy:
electric-cars.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I haven’t noticed many Tesla’s out this way.
Our area is infested with electric cars. The tesla super charging station by our house has 9 chargers and is really busy, often full with cars waiting. There's one a few miles away with 20+ stations which is busy too, but we've never had to wait for a charger.

There are a lot of tesla models s and x on the road around here. We've only seen 2 other model 3's, like the one we got.

Of course this is probably unusual because this is crazy California... Here the state sends you a check for $2500 just for buying an electric car. There's also a $7500 federal tax credit. We were all over those incentives :greedy:

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Our area is infested with electric cars. The tesla super charging station by our house has 9 chargers and is really busy, often full with cars waiting. There's one a few miles away with 20+ stations which is busy too, but we've never had to wait for a charger.

There are a lot of tesla models s and x on the road around here. We've only seen 2 other model 3's, like the one we got.

Of course this is probably unusual because this is crazy California... Here the state sends you a check for $2500 just for buying an electric car. There's also a $7500 federal tax credit. We were all over those incentives :greedy:
hydrogen fuel cells are the future

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Could be, I don't know anything about hydrogen fuel cells
Just curious, how much do you know about gas powered cars?
or electric Battery cars?

I must admit I know very little.
My interest in cars was/is simply getting from point A to B.

I have a house in North Carolina in a Fly-In community.
They tried to get me interested in airplanes and I had no interest mainly because since I have no interest, I would wind up not checking it out completely and crashing.

A man's got to know his limitations.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Just curious, how much do you know about gas powered cars?
or electric Battery cars?

I must admit I know very little.
My interest in cars was/is simply getting from point A to B.

I have a house in North Carolina in a Fly-In community.
They tried to get me interested in airplanes and I had no interest mainly because since I have no interest, I would wind up not checking it out completely and crashing.

A man's got to know his limitations.

I know nothing about cars. Nothing at all. Not my thing either.

I will mention that when I was 16 my dad taught me how to change the sparkplugs and replace brake pads on my first car. Tony was at our house when my dad showed me how to do the first brake. Then he took Tony into the house to watch football, leaving me to finish up the remaining 3 by myself.

vantexan

I know nothing about cars. Nothing at all. Not my thing either.

I will mention that when I was 16 my dad taught me how to change the sparkplugs and replace brake pads on my first car. Tony was at our house when my dad showed me how to do the first brake. Then he took Tony into the house to watch football, leaving me to finish up the remaining 3 by myself.
Wise dad. Look what you've built here!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Wise dad. Look what you've built here!
Ya, my dad was awesome. When I was out on the street figuring out the brake stuff I definitely thought he was being a jerk. Today I do not think so. @tonyexpress pissed me off too when he went in to watch football with my dad. In the long run I know it was good, they assumed I would be able to get it done and didn't hover.

F

Frankie's Friend

Ya, my dad was awesome. When I was out on the street figuring out the brake stuff I definitely thought he was being a jerk. Today I do not think so. @tonyexpress :censored2: me off too when he went in to watch football with my dad. In the long run I know it was good, they assumed I would be able to get it done and didn't hover.
If I was Tony I'd let your dad take the first test drive on those new brakes.lol

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
If I was Tony I'd let your dad take the first test drive on those new brakes.lol
Or maybe @tonyexpress should have gone with my dad to test the brakes. But I guess they just were lazy or were more interested in football and assumed I would figure it out. Whatever bad decisions happened that day that little beater toyota went through a couple of family members after me. Everyone survived.

F

Frankie's Friend

Or maybe @tonyexpress should have gone with my dad to test the brakes. But I guess they just were lazy or were more interested in football and assumed I would figure it out. Whatever bad decisions happened that day that little beater toyota went through a couple of family members after me. Everyone survived.
The brake systems weren't too intricate back then...
Flinstones.gif

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

oldngray

nowhere special
Ya, the Tesla guy I talked with about it said it was just a glorified lighter. I bought one anyway, just because I find the whole marketing campaign amusing...

You can always make yourself one, I'm too lazy for that.

Basically just a propane torch with a boatload of marketing.