guns

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I gotta step in here. Back when I carried my Glock 19, I would carry it in a kydex appendix holster at about 1o'clock. I did so for the comfort, concealability, and accessibility. Never did I worry about an accidental discharge with it for a number of reasons.

The aforementioned passive safety systems were one of them. There was no way that gun was going to go off unless I drew it and pulled the trigger. The other reason was my particular holster. It was constructed of a hard kydex shell that formed to the exact shape of the gun. Retention was provided by the design of the shell, "clipping" the gun into place. Not only was it not going anywhere until I intentionally drew it, but it would be impossible for anything to access the trigger while the gun was in my holster.

Safe carrying is all about knowing your system, which includes your gun and holster; how they work and how to utilize them properly. I can't speak on behalf of those who would have a negligent discharge, and frankly, I don't care. They are not me.

20180616_202915.jpg

It will be fine

I gotta step in here. Back when I carried my Glock 19, I would carry it in a kydex appendix holster at about 1o'clock. I did so for the comfort, concealability, and accessibility. Never did I worry about an accidental discharge with it for a number of reasons.

The aforementioned passive safety systems were one of them. There was no way that gun was going to go off unless I drew it and pulled the trigger. The other reason was my particular holster. It was constructed of a hard kydex shell that formed to the exact shape of the gun. Retention was provided by the design of the shell, "clipping" the gun into place. Not only was it not going anywhere until I intentionally drew it, but it would be impossible for anything to access the trigger while the gun was in my holster.

Safe carrying is all about knowing your system, which includes your gun and holster; how they work and how to utilize them properly. I can't speak on behalf of those who would have a negligent discharge, and frankly, I don't care. They are not me.

View attachment 197840
If only that FBI agent had received some firearm training this never would have happened.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I gotta step in here. Back when I carried my Glock 19, I would carry it in a kydex appendix holster at about 1o'clock. I did so for the comfort, concealability, and accessibility.

I have one for my SCCY CPX-2 and my Glock 26.
Covers the trigger for safety and easy access.
I carry mine at 3 o'clock or 6 o'clock.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I have one for my SCCY CPX-2 and my Glock 26.
Covers the trigger for safety and easy access.
I carry mine at 3 o'clock or 6 o'clock.
6 o'clock carry's positioning can be nice but I've just never been able to get over the idea of having a big, hard piece of metal right on my spine. If I slip and fall, get pushed, or even (God forbid) wreck my motorcycle, I'm friend*ed.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

View attachment 197840
This is my Glock 26 in its holster.
The trigger guard is key to safety.

D597239E-009C-47DB-A7DC-2CDFFF38F8A0.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Han Solo’s Blaster from the “Return of the Jedi” has sold for $550,000 at a Las Vegas auction.

Julien’s Auctions says Ripley’s Believe It or Not bought the item Saturday.

360.jpg

Thats one expensive broomhandle Mauser.