Herman Cain

bbsam

Staff member
No i am not, but your good at twisting just like your sister so i expected as much. You must have been OK with it becauseyou voted for the Messiah.
Not twisting anything at all. It's just that you can't call others a hypocrite in order to defend your own hypocrisy, can you?

brett636

I haven't seen any evidence that Mark Block is a criminal. As far as we know TOS is referring to a speeding ticket he recieved 15 years ago and making it out to he some great criminal act.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Personal tax issues for Tim Geithner................(no, it's not a link because I wanted JUST this specific paragraph........so Dave shouldn't bitch!)

At the Senate confirmation hearings, it was revealed that Geithner had not paid $35,000 in self-employment taxes for the years 2001–2004.[SUP][27][/SUP] The International Monetary Fund (IMF), an international agency and his employer during the time in question, did not withhold Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) tax, but instead reimbursed the usual employer responsibility of 50% of these taxes to employees who were subject to the taxes. Geithner had received the reimbursements and paid the amounts received to the government, but had not paid the other 50% which would normally have been withheld from his pay. This failure to pay was noted during a 2006 audit by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), in which Geithner was assessed additional taxes of $14,847 for the 2003 and 2004 tax years. The statute of limitations had expired for 2001 and 2002, and Geithner did not file amended returns or pay the additional amounts due for those years until after Obama expressed his intent to nominate Geithner to be Secretary of the Treasury.[SUP][28][/SUP][SUP][29][/SUP][SUP][30][/SUP] He also deducted the cost of his children's sleep-away camp as a dependent care expense, when only expenses for day care are eligible for the deduction.[SUP][30][/SUP] Geithner subsequently paid the IRS the additional taxes owed,[SUP][31][/SUP] and was charged $15,000 interest, but was not fined for late payment.[SUP][32][/SUP]
In a statement to the Senate Finance Committee, Geithner called the tax issues "careless", "avoidable" and "unintentional" errors, and he said he wanted to "apologize to the committee for putting you in the position of having to spend so much time on these issues".[SUP][31][/SUP] Geithner testified that he used TurboTax to prepare his 2001 return, but that the tax errors were his own responsibility.[SUP][33][/SUP][SUP][34][/SUP] The Obama campaign stated that Geithner was advised by his accountant that he did not owe any taxes beyond those assessed by the IRS following the 2006 audit.[SUP][35][/SUP] Geithner said at the hearing that he had always believed he was an employee, not a self-employed contractor, while serving at the IMF.[SUP][36][/SUP]

brett636

I was about to say I believe rezko is behind bars and gietner's problems were swept under the rug once he became treasury secretary. I believe he paid back the taxes he owed but was not charged penalties and interest for not paying them on time. Now who gets that kinda treatment? Not your average Joe blow taxpayer I can tell you that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was about to say I believe rezko is behind bars and gietner's problems were swept under the rug once he became treasury secretary. I believe he paid back the taxes he owed but was not charged penalties and interest for not paying them on time. Now who gets that kinda treatment? Not your average Joe blow taxpayer I can tell you that.
I'd be willing to bet that uncle & auntie have a similiar deal too !!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I guess you can pick and choose your polls. Im going to watch for the positive ones. The media and the left cannot stand when he does well. since the beginning they have downplayed every gain he has made.
$ 5 dollar Fridays.