Herman Cain

brett636

FOr two years Brett? And after being contacted by the state for 1 1/2 years that "he" was delinquent?

Cmon Brett. I know it hurts to back the wrong horse, but its time to tear that "ticket".
stk83364cor.jpg

Peace.

It takes more than a week to fight off cancer, not to mention the tax lien was withdrawn by the state of Georgia after Cain disputed it. Little Timmy Geitner signed a paper acknowledging that he had to pay taxes on the money he received and simply did not until he was selected to head up the treasury then he got a special break on the penalties and interest too. Sorry, but this doesn't past muster like all your arguments.

Looks like multimillionaire Herman Cain has some tax trouble of his own...!

Georgia went after Herman Cain for unpaid taxes | Capitol Hill Blue

Hey LUCIFER, if this excuse didnt work for Timmy G, why should it work for CAIN?

Peace.
Doesn't Timmy G still have his lip lock on Zer0bama?

The part about Cain going through cancer treatments? Yea, I would say that's a pretty good excuse. Have you even known anyone, up close and personal that was going through Chemo and radiation treatments? I have.

bbsam

Staff member

The part about Cain going through cancer treatments? Yea, I would say that's a pretty good excuse. Have you even known anyone, up close and personal that was going through Chemo and radiation treatments? I have.
That's a terrible excuse for someone of Cain's means. There are these things called accountants that can be employed to make sure taxes are taken care of. I have nowhere near Cain's resources, but I have accountants that make sure the taxes get paid.

UPS Lifer

That's a terrible excuse for someone of Cain's means. There are these things called accountants that can be employed to make sure taxes are taken care of. I have nowhere near Cain's resources, but I have accountants that make sure the taxes get paid.

All of us make mistakes, I guess I look at how people react to and fix the mistakes they make. I think our human nature is to forgive people who have a reasonable explanation of a mistake and OWN up to it. Careers are lost over cover-ups not the actual mistake. If you have investments in many states (I don't know if Cain does) you have to fill out tax returns for each state and each state has different laws and more importantly filing requirements. As complicated as tax codes are, it would be easy to mix something up. Cain's answer passed the smell test. His tax was paid and I am sure if a penalty was due he paid that also. He didn't wait for a Democrat or reporter to uncover a missed tax payment like some others in our government have done.

More than likely, he had to file extensions as well. There are many forms such as K-1s that can take awhile to get to the investor and all you can do is estimate your tax.

brett636

That's a terrible excuse for someone of Cain's means. There are these things called accountants that can be employed to make sure taxes are taken care of. I have nowhere near Cain's resources, but I have accountants that make sure the taxes get paid.[/QUOTE]

So did little timmy geitner, but he made a concious decision not too. Herman Cain was facing his own mortality and fighting to extend it as long as possible. That is a valid excuse to any reasonable human being.

klein

Für Meno :)
That's ridiculous. He doesn't promote smoking. He can't stop anyone else who may want to smoke.

Gee, why doesn't UPS do the same with thier logistic commercials ? Half the drivers smoke, yet I haven't seen one of them smoke on the commercial.
They can't stop them from smoking either, right ?

You are rediculous !
Cain could have said no - don't smoke ! Unless he's just a puppet !

Gee, why doesn't UPS do the same with thier logistic commercials ? Half the drivers smoke, yet I haven't seen one of them smoke on the commercial.
They can't stop them from smoking either, right ?

You are rediculous !
Cain could have said no - don't smoke ! Unless he's just a puppet !
Did you read or listen to Cain's response to the questions about the commercial ? What am I thinking. of course you didn't.

And why do you keep bringing UPS up in these threads ? UPS has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

For years Willie Nelson went about his business of making music while a "trusted" accountant (supposedly) took care of his finances/taxes and we all know how that worked out for poor ole' Willie.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'll say it again. I thought the commercial was brilliant. Cain still says it like it is. That is why I like him. He isn't shouting 'change', 'change' just to get a vote. I think he said what the hey to this running for president thing and it snowballed. Seriously, find me one person in politics who doesn't have something in their closet they wish they didn't have.

I don't fault Obama for the corporations not being willing to hire. I do blame him for not creating an environment that penalizes them for not doing so. They owned Washington for 2 years. a lot of banking laws and Wall street stuff could have been fixed then. It wasn't. Tax breaks for deporting jobs should have been fixed while they had the chance. That I fault all the democrats in office for.

bbsam

Staff member
For years Willie Nelson went about his business of making music while a "trusted" accountant (supposedly) took care of his finances/taxes and we all know how that worked out for poor ole' Willie.
I thought Willie was in trouble for not filing. Anyone 18 years or older who has ever held a job knows that at least once a year a tax form bearing one's signature is going to be sent to the federal government. I think Willie maybe had his mind, well let just say, "otherwise occupied".

bbsam

Staff member
So did little timmy geitner, but he made a concious decision not too. Herman Cain was facing his own mortality and fighting to extend it as long as possible. That is a valid excuse to any reasonable human being.
We don't know that. Cain's mortality not withstanding, tax forms prepared by accountants take no time whatsoever to sign and return. There are those (Geithner included) who simply ignore deadlines and threats of penalties and interest because they can be waived. Taxes for these folks are a nuisance and if they can keep it for an extra quarter earning interest, they will.

I thought Willie was in trouble for not filing. Anyone 18 years or older who has ever held a job knows that at least once a year a tax form bearing one's signature is going to be sent to the federal government. I think Willie maybe had his mind, well let just say, "otherwise occupied".

LOL, Willie had an accountant that was supposed to be taking care of all of Willie's financial matters. He was either signing the forms and the accountant wasn't sending them in or the accountant just told Willie. " I've got it taken care of". Worry about taxes was something he didn't want to deal with so he hired someone to take care of it, but the one he hired was a crook. Yes, Willie's mind was otherwise occupied, with making music (which IMO, he is brilliant at).

bbsam

Staff member
LOL, Willie had an accountant that was supposed to be taking care of all of Willie's financial matters. He was either signing the forms and the accountant wasn't sending them in or the accountant just told Willie. " I've got it taken care of". Worry about taxes was something he didn't want to deal with so he hired someone to take care of it, but the one he hired was a crook. Yes, Willie's mind was otherwise occupied, with making music (which IMO, he is brilliant at).
Brilliance at music making does not reduce the effects of pot smoke on the brain. "I've got it taken care of"? Didn't anyone learn anything from Leona Helmsley?

Brilliance at music making does not reduce the effects of pot smoke on the brain. "I've got it taken care of"? Didn't anyone learn anything from Leona Helmsley?
I agree and Willie is an advocate of legalizing pot, in fact he is on the advisory board of NORML. I do think that some musicians will argue that brilliant music and pot go hand in hand. Now that isn't my position, just saying.

It wouldn't surprise me that Willie might say.." Leona who?"

I couldn't remember when Willies tax problems occurred so I searched both him and Helmsley, it appears they were almost the same time period. She was convicted of income tax evasion in '89 and Nelson in '90. I don't know if Willie was incorporated or not, but if so he wouldn't have had to personally sign tax forms.

Last edited: