How's the view???........

DS

Fenderbender
That's hilarious cement:happy-very:,what's that a C-100?
In Ben Hur they borrowed some C-1000's from ups:wink2:

I took this pic from the 7th floor at an apt today with my phone.
It was pretty cloudy,but if you look hard the CN tower is in the middle.
My truck is on the road below.

P110317002.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That's hilarious cement:happy-very:,what's that a C-100?
In Ben Hur they borrowed some C-1000's from ups:wink2:

I took this pic from the 7th floor at an apt today with my phone.
It was pretty cloudy,but if you look hard the CN tower is in the middle.
My truck is on the road below.

P110317002.jpg
Great framing, DS. You gave great perspective. I saw an A/C repair van today that I wanted to take a picture of, but alas, my battery was dead. The A/C van said DS A/C repair.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I hope to high heaven you aren't paying over $7 for a whole chicken !!!!

When they are at $.79 a lb. that's when you fill the freezer.....that's under $2.76 for about a 3 1/2 lb. bird !!! None of the whole chickens in my freezer have a price on them of over $3.

Big Babooba

I hope to high heaven you aren't paying over $7 for a whole chicken !!!!

When they are at $.79 a lb. that's when you fill the freezer.....that's under $2.76 for about a 3 1/2 lb. bird !!! None of the whole chickens in my freezer have a price on them of over $3.
I don't buy anything I might have known.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you read DSs article? Are you evacuating?

The scientists here say it's one/billionth the size that could be considered harmful. You get more in a dental x-ray. If it's here, the winds aloft will carry it there.... where can you go??? I'm not worried.....March has been a high radiation month for me anyway without Japan's trouble.

over9five

Staff member
The scientists here say it's one/billionth the size that could be considered harmful. You get more in a dental x-ray. If it's here, the winds aloft will carry it there.... where can you go??? I'm not worried.....March has been a high radiation month for me anyway without Japan's trouble.

Wrong article. He posted one about some scientist saying the Moons close position to the Earth tomorrow will cause a California earthquake.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, sorry.
EQs and tremors are a way of life here. The bombs at Pendleton scare me more. Again, according to the eggheads, the fault we're close to they say is capable of 6.5. Shoot, Salt Lake City is more overdue for a "big one" than us.

Plenty of people live on the tornado alleys of the country and they don't flee. I know, we don't get a warning for EQ.....maybe it's better that way.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Are you aware you have too many players on the court for the Chicken Basketball League ??

I count 16 players and 2 refs so it looks ok being that youo play 6 per team on the court in chicken basketball instead of 5 for humans. Then there are two subs per team. Plus it loks like the game is actually over and they are heading up to the locker room. The confetti next to the steps tells me that there was a post game celebration. Plus a few random reporters/photographers.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Tonight's super perigee moon a rare treat

When the super perigee moon hits the sky, like a big pizza pie, that's amore.

Hey they're stealing our song...:happy-very:

Check out the full moon this evening--it could be 14 percent bigger and 30 percent brighter than usual, according to NASA. The moon has an elliptical orbit around the Earth; when the moon seems smaller and more distant, it's on the farthest side (apogee) of its orbit, while the perigee side is about 31,000 miles closer to Earth.

So what makes tonight special? "The full Moon of March 19th occurs less than one hour away from perigee--a near-perfect coincidence that happens only every 18 years or so," says Geoff Chester of the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C.

The best time to view the moon will be at about sunset. There's an illusion during a low-hanging moon that makes it seem larger when seen behind trees and buildings. Despite seeming so near, our closest neighbor in space will still be 221,000 miles away.

"In most places, lunar gravity at perigee pulls tide waters only a few centimeters (an inch or so) higher than usual. Local geography can amplify the effect to about 15 centimeters (6 inches)--not exactly a great flood."

Big Babooba

I meet all kinds on my route.
0305001645.jpg

Are you aware you have too many players on the court for the Chicken Basketball League ??

I count 16 players and 2 refs so it looks ok being that youo play 6 per team on the court in chicken basketball instead of 5 for humans. Then there are two subs per team. Plus it loks like the game is actually over and they are heading up to the locker room. The confetti next to the steps tells me that there was a post game celebration. Plus a few random reporters/photographers.
Look again, I count 5 chickens on the court, 2 chickens (the coach & assistant) heading to the locker room, 1 inside the locker room and a whole bunch of spectators in the bleachers. Where is the other team? The losers got an all expenses paid trip to KFC.