How's the view???........

moreluck

golden ticket member
Are you a vegetarian? Nothing wrong with that, but I couldn't do it myself.

We have probably 2 vegetarian meals a week. Usually it's a case of getting rid of leftovers and making a salad on the side......Looking in fridge: Here's a small container of fried peppers, some leftover green beans, oh, and veggie baked beans (Bush's), and wheat bread with butter and a large tossed salad or slaw. It all really tastes good and the peppers provide the heat and it gets all those containers out of my fridge. We just had it last night because we are leaving for Vegas Sunday morning and clearing stuff out.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
View attachment 5207This is why I take vacation in the spring. Biggest bird I have taken. 11 inch beard, 1 1/2 inch spurs. Guessing about 22lbs, but didn't weigh him, so can't be certain. I was hunting with my hubby and brother-in-law and we all ended up getting birds. It was a great hunt.
I think i'm in love. : )

Yup.......
Just goes to show ya that anyone can aim a shotgun in the general direction of one of God's creatures and kill it.
You must have been proud.

To paraphase a quote from a movie:
"the thrill is not to kill but to let live".

But then you probably wouldn't know about that, would ya?
Ouch!

Good point.
I think I'll take my shotgun out to my garden and kill tomorrows dinner.
That's funny, so I guess if you can't hear it cry, it isn't crying? Take it easy girlfriend, to each their own.

We have probably 2 vegetarian meals a week. Usually it's a case of getting rid of leftovers and making a salad on the side......Looking in fridge: Here's a small container of fried peppers, some leftover green beans, oh, and veggie baked beans (Bush's), and wheat bread with butter and a large tossed salad or slaw. It all really tastes good and the peppers provide the heat and it gets all those containers out of my fridge. We just had it last night because we are leaving for Vegas Sunday morning and clearing stuff out.
You mean Las Vegan, right?:wink2:

rod

Retired 23 years
I have to ask -what is the difference in taste between a wild turkey and a farm raised one? We have a bunch of wild ones in the woods around me. Every once in a while they come strutting through the yard like they don't have a care in the world. The biggest tom I've ever seen was about 20 feet away outside the window yesterday. Although I don't hunt anymore I have nothing against it. I love venison, pheasant, elk, bear (if done right) ---actually anything except waterfowl and I would love to try wild turkey (the feathered kind).

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Good point.
I think I'll take my shotgun out to my garden and kill tomorrows dinner.

If you are a vegan who eats no meat dairy or fish, wears no leather, and uses no products or medication that were tested on animals, and feeds your pet nothing but vegan food.....then I respect your opinion even if I do not necessarily share it.

If not, then whether you realize it or not you are a hypocrite. The fact that you eat meat that somebody else killed for you doesnt change the fact that an animal died...it only means that you didnt have to do the "dirty work" yourself.

Many of the best hunting experiences I have ever had resulted in nothing being killed. The thrill is in the hunt, not in the act of killing itself. And I never shoot anything unless I intend to eat it. So I take offense at your predjudiced view that all hunters are nothing but cold-blooded killers.

Rant over.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If you are a vegan who eats no meat dairy or fish, wears no leather, and uses no products or medication that were tested on animals, and feeds your pet nothing but vegan food.....then I respect your opinion even if I do not necessarily share it.

If not, then whether you realize it or not you are a hypocrite. The fact that you eat meat that somebody else killed for you doesnt change the fact that an animal died...it only means that you didnt have to do the "dirty work" yourself.

Many of the best hunting experiences I have ever had resulted in nothing being killed. The thrill is in the hunt, not in the act of killing itself. And I never shoot anything unless I intend to eat it. So I take offense at your predjudiced view that all hunters are nothing but cold-blooded killers.

Rant over.
Me thinks that cementups is also TrickPony, and has merely posted the hunter hate, to inflame the audience, which will boost his threads post count. Just a thought.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Kill it, eat it just like Ted Nugent.....I have no feeling one way or another. I don't want to eat any wild game.........just like I don't want to drink Pepsi...I don't like the taste of it. I'll take Coke and my store-bought meat.

trickpony1

STUG-
cementups isn't trickpony1 or vice versa.
Ol' trickster is too lazy to develop another username.

I'm sorry I have created such a hostile environment with my comment about killing Gods creatures. Some of us find beauty in Gods animals.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I have friends that hunt, even girlfriends. As long as I don't have to kill or eat something feathered or furry I'm not offended. They enjoy it so why balk? My husband cooks/eats all manner of meat I wouldn't touch, but I would've never married a hunter. If he ever HAS to kill for food I just won't watch.

Our 2 dogs & 2 cats eat about 2 dozen chickens between them a month.

I will catch, clean, cook and eat catfish any day.

What I nourish my body with is a very personal choice. It's not always about values. Sometimes it's simply preference.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
STUG-
cementups isn't trickpony1 or vice versa.
Ol' trickster is too lazy to develop another username.

I'm sorry I have created such a hostile environment with my comment about killing Gods creatures. Some of us find beauty in Gods animals.
Sorry, Trick, it was a joke to make everyone stop hating. I too find beauty in God's creatures, as my pictures can attest to, but I also eat, some of those beautiful creatures.

I have friends that hunt, even girlfriends. As long as I don't have to kill or eat something feathered or furry I'm not offended. They enjoy it so why balk? My husband cooks/eats all manner of meat I wouldn't touch, but I would've never married a hunter. If he ever HAS to kill for food I just won't watch.

What I nourish my body with is a very personal choice. It's not always about values. Sometimes it's simply preference.
Very well said, hubrat. I would have never known you were a girl.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Very well said, hubrat. I would have never known you were a girl.

Lmao I'm glad my dog in a pink tutu avatar wasn't a dead giveaway. You are a very busy man, you probably missed it! What you are doing for your girls is great. I looked at your blog. Can't believe you've got 5 and a grandson! Be sure and take care of yourself so you can be there for them.

bigbrownhen

I have to ask -what is the difference in taste between a wild turkey and a farm raised one? We have a bunch of wild ones in the woods around me. Every once in a while they come strutting through the yard like they don't have a care in the world. The biggest tom I've ever seen was about 20 feet away outside the window yesterday. Although I don't hunt anymore I have nothing against it. I love venison, pheasant, elk, bear (if done right) ---actually anything except waterfowl and I would love to try wild turkey (the feathered kind).

Rod, I just cant describe the difference. It's just good. We usually just keep the breast out of the bird, there just isn't enough meat on the legs to mess with, a very lean bird. Some people have boiled them and made stew, but I haven't tried it myself. If you have land that is huntable, you probably know someone who hunts them, so let them come on over and if they get one just ask for half of the breast. We usually slice it up , roll in flour and fry. While hunting I was keeping an eye out for morel mushrooms, they are a great side dish.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Lmao I'm glad my dog in a pink tutu avatar wasn't a dead giveaway. You are a very busy man, you probably missed it! What you are doing for your girls is great. I looked at your blog. Can't believe you've got 5 and a grandson! Be sure and take care of yourself so you can be there for them.
Sorry, I guess I should pay closer attention to things sometimes. I've told this story on here before, but I'm sure one more time won't hurt.

I was delivering a pkg to a gas station, and as normal, I bypass the line and reach the board around behind the counter for the clerk to sign. On this particular day someone was having trouble with a credit card, so there was an extra long line. Anyways, the clerk sees me, signs the board, and I'm off to my next stop. When I get home that night, my wife tells me that SHE was the person having trouble with her credit card, and that my kids were outside at a gas pump in the car, LOL.

Moral of the story, I don't have a clue, but I'm sorry i didn't notice.:happy2:

Rod, I just cant describe the difference. It's just good. We usually just keep the breast out of the bird, there just isn't enough meat on the legs to mess with, a very lean bird. Some people have boiled them and made stew, but I haven't tried it myself. If you have land that is huntable, you probably know someone who hunts them, so let them come on over and if they get one just ask for half of the breast. We usually slice it up , roll in flour and fry. While hunting I was keeping an eye out for morel mushrooms, they are a great side dish.
So you are part vegetarian, afterall!

Big Babooba

I have a few "artists" on my route. This is one of their masterpieces. I guess if you take a rotted out barrel, punch some holes in it and attach some purple doodads, it qualifies as art.

2011-04-20_12-45-35_201.jpg

Notice the artist's use of a red and yellow rod? A touch of genius! A true masterpiece!:wink2:

Big Babooba

No horseradish?