How's the view???........

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My Dad, Amelio ( went by his middle name, Calvin), served his country during WWII, in the South Pacific.

Navy%20Dadfixed.jpg

menotyou

bella amicizia
My Dad, Amelio ( went by his middle name, Calvin), served his country during WWII, in the South Pacific.

Navy%20Dadfixed.jpg

Very handsome young man. Your mother was a lucky woman.

Amelio is a lovely name. There is a business in Watertown named Amelio's. They service vacuums and sewing machines.

And, before anyone gets any bright ideas, no- I have not had my head serviced there.
I know someone was thinking it.:winks:

menotyou

bella amicizia

I guess a Vega, too!! My mother was in an accident in a lime green Vega in the late 70's. Guy chased her on her broken foot.
She couldn't ski anymore. It put her in hospital for a while, too. Pins in her foot for life.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I guess a Vega, too!! My mother was in an accident in a lime green Vega in the late 70's. Guy chased her on her broken foot.
She couldn't ski anymore. It put her in hospital for a while, too. Pins in her foot for life.
LOL, never crossed my mind. I, (formerly We, lol, don't worry, I'll get over this soon), named our daughter Emilia in honor of our Dad's. Her Dad's name is Emigdio, so we did a combination.

over9five

Staff member
Our newest trailers are designed to save time. We can now load them from the top with a front-end loader. This saves about two hours loading time per trailer.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Does the dash look like a Vega? That part was almost making me think an AMC product. Was size engine was in your 72 GT?

The dash didn't, but the sheet metal did. Mine was a GT with a gauge package, it looked different with the tach. I'm thinking Steve's brother had an earlier year base model. Size engine in my Vega is a funny story. The Vega earned a bad reputation because the early models had an aluminum four cylinder in them. If the engine overheated, it would be a major repair because the top of the block would warp. My big brother had the car first and this happened, so he gave it to me for free. I was 17 and young and stupid at the time. With some help from my best friend, I installed a Chevy 350 smallblock in it and we narrowed a 12 bolt Chevelle rearend to put under it. It was a bad ride to say the least.003.jpg
003.jpg

satellitedriver

The ones that I don't get are the people who cut a bath tub in half, bury the cut part in the ground and then put a statue of Mary or Jesus in there.

I had never seen, or heard, of this "art" form, until I visited my brother in Kentucky in the early 80's.
He is a Trappist monk at The Abbey of Gethsemane and he even laughs at the bathtub shrines people create.
I thought is was just a Southern tacky thing.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Here's where I took lunch, the past 2 days. Shadiest area on the route, and the views not bad, either.

0518111441-00.jpg

0518111541-00.jpg

Another View, check out the huge fire in the background. Oh, yeah, see how dirty the front of the pkg is? It's lovebug season, here in Florida. I'll take a closeup, next time.

0518111544-00.jpg