How's the view???........

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
100_1861.jpgHalf Dome and Merced River, Yosemite NP.
100_1861.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
DSC04786.jpgAlmost didn't see 2 doe standing alongside the road. This one was completely unconcerned that I was standing less than 30 ft away.
DSC04786.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
DSC04837.jpgEl Capitan. After we got home from Yosemite, I watched a NatGeo documentary on Yosemite specifically about a world class climber climbing El Capitan. It was really interesting but I was getting veritgo just watching it. The climb takes so long that they end up hanging on the face, over night. The face is about 3,000 ft at it's highest point. Thanks but I think I will pass..............
DSC04837.jpg

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
View attachment 6089El Capitan. After we got home from Yosemite, I watched a NatGeo documentary on Yosemite specifically about a world class climber climbing El Capitan. It was really interesting but I was getting veritgo just watching it. The climb takes so long that they end up hanging on the face, over night. The face is about 3,000 ft at it's highest point. Thanks but I think I will pass..............
I remember when Captain Kirk fell while climbing that.

UPSGUY72

I visited Yosemite when I was a teenager in the Boy scouts actually did a little climbing. not HD or EL Cap or anything major. The picture are great but you just have to go there to understand what it's all about.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I visited Yosemite when I was a teenager in the Boy scouts actually did a little climbing. not HD or EL Cap or anything major. The picture are great but you just have to go there to understand what it's all about.
I have seen many a picture of Half Dome and El Capitan and I couldn't agree with you more. Coming through that tunnel and actually seeing them for the first time is awe inspiring. Mr. Dilli has said repeatedly that he wished he could have gotten a picture of my face as I saw them for the first time. He said my eyes were about as big around as saucers. I have never seen (Except the Grand Canyon) anything so spectacular.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Hey V......unbelievable pictures.......I thought that the Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls were beautiful........Yosemite, is much more ,.......I look forward to a road trip to that National Park..........I think that the only thing that trumps this, is some of the tropical locations in Hawaii

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hey V......unbelievable pictures.......I thought that the Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls were beautiful........Yosemite, is much more ,.......I look forward to a road trip to that National Park..........I think that the only thing that trumps this, is some of the tropical locations in Hawaii
Thanks BB. It is definitely beautiful! I want to go to Hawaii as well.