How's the view???........

rod

Retired 23 years
Probably, but those older cars have manual transmissions and ignition systems mounted on the dashboard instead of in the steering column. It would be a piece of cake to hot wire one.

Who in their right mind would steal a POS UPS truck with a million miles on it? We always had trouble with gas being siphoned out of the trucks left outside but never had one stolen. P. S. Anyone seriously thinking about stealing one of those trucks wouldn't let a small chain stop them. Even a small pair of bolt cutters would cut that one easily. I bet that idea was thought up by some Einstein with his feet on a desk.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This is a 25 lb Chinook salmon I caught on the annual UPS'ers fishing trip. A bunch of us rent a house for a week in Rockaway Beach, just north of Tillamook, OR, and we go salmon fishing and crabbing. I caught this guy trolling a plug cut herring near the mouth of the Nehalem river. It took me about 15 minutes to get him into the boat. Another guy on the trip caught a 45 pounder that he spent an hour fighting. We caught 16 salmon and about 40 or 50 Dungeness crabs.

708CC441-D993-4329-A36D-7FF5AA13558A-7592-00000B60B7CC65AA.jpg
You should see the streets of Pulaski. I haven't seen it that busy since snagging was legal. They come from all over the world. I will take a picture of the river next time I go to Tops. If I see one of these slobs anywhere I'll post a picture of that, too. Ellisburg(my little town) is busier than I have ever seen it. Next year, I'm gonna have a street cart of food and make a mint. :bigsmile2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Who in their right mind would steal a POS UPS truck with a million miles on it? We always had trouble with gas being siphoned out of the trucks left outside but never had one stolen. P. S. Anyone seriously thinking about stealing one of those trucks wouldn't let a small chain stop them. Even a small pair of bolt cutters would cut that one easily. I bet that idea was thought up by some Einstein with his feet on a desk.
We don't even chain ours up. :rofl: We have too many trucks and they all don't fit in on the weekends when the feeders have to go in. I don't think they have to worry about any theft after the broken frames incident. ;)

UPS Lifer

Rod,
Centers like this are usually run by a lead driver. I had a satellite center and it ran well because the drivers work together. Just stay out of their hair and they will make it happen.

I completely agree with your statement about a light chain like that! What are they thinking!

rod

Retired 23 years
Rod,
Centers like this are usually run by a lead driver. I had a satellite center and it ran well because the drivers work together. Just stay out of their hair and they will make it happen.

I completely agree with your statement about a light chain like that! What are they thinking!

When I first started our center was ran by a lead driver. I don't recall ever having any problems (center wise). The lead driver got 10 cents more an hour. (that's not saying much for the worth of a Center manager):wink2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Looks like scenery from Grimm or Twilight !!

"Grimm" is filmed on location in the Portland, OR area where I live.

"Twilight" is also filmed in the Pacific NW coast range, a few miles north in Washington. The town of Forks WA is about 3 hours north of here.

My wife and I are fans of both series.