How's the view???........

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This dike is actully a customers driveway.It is barely 2 feet wider than the wheels of the package car. When we have flooding, the water will rise up and run over the top of the dike making it almost impossible to see the driving surface underneath. If you arent careful, you will drive off the edge and down into the lake. Its beautiful to look at on a clear autumn day, but on a dark and foggy winter night when the rain is blowing sideways it kind of sucks.

8B06F47B-47C0-4E8C-BDCA-A5A349A7EFD7-3955-000005C709799869.jpg

UPS Lifer

1211 Fall Color Rimrock AZ1rps.jpg1211 Fall Color 2 Rimrock AZ1rps.jpg

In Northern AZ, the leaves change in November, unlike most of the country. When I lived in So Cal leaves change from green to brown. I enjoy getting all 4 seasons!
1211 Fall Color Rimrock AZ1rps.jpg
1211 Fall Color 2 Rimrock AZ1rps.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
This dike is actully a customers driveway.It is barely 2 feet wider than the wheels of the package car. When we have flooding, the water will rise up and run over the top of the dike making it almost impossible to see the driving surface underneath. If you arent careful, you will drive off the edge and down into the lake. Its beautiful to look at on a clear autumn day, but on a dark and foggy winter night when the rain is blowing sideways it kind of sucks.

8B06F47B-47C0-4E8C-BDCA-A5A349A7EFD7-3955-000005C709799869.jpg

I love dikes!!!!

UPS Lifer

I like seeing the bare, naked tree that lost all of it's leaves, next to a palm that sits next to a pine tree !! Variety!!

I had pines and palms and year round grass in CA ... no deciduous trees. Had to go to Yucaipa to Appleland (or the mountains) to feel like fall was here.

In AZ we have pines and junipers but a mix of deciduous trees where we live. It stays more green than not. But it gets WHITE also! Got our first snow flurries yesterday! YES

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We had a few flurries as well. I did notice, yesterday, that the Peaks are white now. Last night, it was already 35 at 8pm. This morning (8:35) it is only 28. Brrrrrrr

menotyou

bella amicizia
I love dikes!!!!
that's the name of the access road for the wildlife management area across the street from me. Don't see many go there. More often than not, I see a lot of traffic at 2am. I think that's when the Wayside Inn closes just down the street. Hmmmmm. I wonder???

Figures we'd have a bar 2 miles away, and the grocery store is 12 miles away. Love living in the boondocks.

UPS Lifer

In my travels I have observed that no matter where you live, there is ALWAYS a bar within 2 miles of your home!!! I was in the middle of Arizona wilderness with about 4 homes and right off the road there was a bar and there were plenty of cars there!

rod

Retired 23 years
In my travels I have observed that no matter where you live, there is ALWAYS a bar within 2 miles of your home!!! I was in the middle of Arizona wilderness with about 4 homes and right off the road there was a bar and there were plenty of cars there!

In Wisconsin there is a bar on every street corner in the city and one every mile in the country. What a great state. Where I live in Minnesota the bars are more like 10-15 miles apart in the country. Way too far apart. Its a proven fact that there is less drinking and driving when the bars are closer together.

menotyou

bella amicizia
That ststmen is kind of like management always telling us that it shouldn't take any longer to deliver more stops in an area because they are closer together. Say what?
I thought it was pure genius! I can see my old DM straight faced saying that, too!

rod

Retired 23 years
What is considered a "bar".

Is it the 'beer gardens' of old?

Is it a restaurant where you can also get a mixed drink.

Is it drinks only?

A bar to me is any establishment where I can purchase a drink (beer and or liquor) -------some have food and others don't. I agree a real bar has "atmosphere" and a place to belly up too but if it is a place where the only seating is a table or booth and their claim to fame is food- as long as you can get a "cocktail" it will do as a "pretend bar"..

A super good bar has a stripper pole.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
In Wisconsin there is a bar on every street corner in the city and one every mile in the country. What a great state. Where I live in Minnesota the bars are more like 10-15 miles apart in the country. Way too far apart. Its a proven fact that there is less drinking and driving when the bars are closer together.

It's a great state isn't it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LMAO That does seem to be the truth. There is one within 2 miles of us. Where is the one you are referring too?