How's the view???........

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Is it deer hunting season there? You know it wouldn't be the first time a dead deer was transported in a UPS truck-------------------------but thats another story.

Yes it is season, and yes I do have a tag...but I think my boss would be a bit pissed if she found out I was hauling a rifle around in the back of the package car and hunting on my lunch break.

soberups

He looks like one of those fake ones they use for target practice. I've never seen red antlers.

Around here, the antlers lose their velvet in late July or August and they are a deep reddish-brown color. As fall ends and winter begins, the antlers lose their blood supply and the color bleaches out of them to where they are an off white. They fall off of the buck in the spring and new ones start growing.

rod

Retired 23 years
Yes it is season, and yes I do have a tag...but I think my boss would be a bit pissed if she found out I was hauling a rifle around in the back of the package car and hunting on my lunch break.

You can't count on the deer showing up just during your lunch break--------do it on company time.

soberups

671F4E1B-9E72-4698-8789-6735F9C78513-293-00000131B0307511.jpg

soberups

The Christmas tree harvest on my route has begun. The trees are planted too close and the fields are too muddy to get trucks in there, so the workers cut them down and tie them into bundles and then a helicopter is used to haul the bundles to a loading dock. This helicopter was picking up and dropping about 2 bundles per minute, instead of hovering he would swing the bundles like a pendulum onto the dock in order to keep the helicopter moving and save time and fuel.

B9B1A7F8-A966-4017-A433-4616EF0368DC-293-00000131B403379B.jpg

1D941A66-18D9-48DA-84B2-AC07072439B3-293-00000131B735728C.jpg

9A0FA86A-D81C-4AFA-8CFE-FE7B170624BE-293-00000131BAC20489.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI just figured out how to finally post picture on here. This is Eve the love of my life. She has been with me through thick and thin. She has cancer real bad and her days are numbered. I plan to eat a big steak with her tomorrow.
image.jpg

Dogs are good people.
They don't live long enough.
I feel like I can't win right now. I've got two dogs Peter and Eve who are knocking on heavens door and this dog I rescued Cooper who is smart as can be knows how to open the back door and I loft my cat Lola. It's been ten days now and I've lost my faith. All my peeps are leaving and I'm real real sad about this. I guess it's gods plan but these family of mine who can't talk are all I want to hear from. I'll figure it out.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I feel like I can't win right now. I've got two dogs Peter and Eve who are knocking on heavens door and this dog I rescued Cooper who is smart as can be knows how to open the back door and I loft my cat Lola. It's been ten days now and I've lost my faith. All my peeps are leaving and I'm real real sad about this. I guess it's gods plan but these family of mine who can't talk are all I want to hear from. I'll figure it out.

They are a gift.
Enjoy them as they do you.
When you are ready, make some new friends.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hang in there, 407. I would never be so crass to say that they are just dogs (or cats), but think of all the others out there waiting to be rescued.

(As I type, my 16+ year-old-best-boy-dog-in-the-world is trying to watch me even though he's totally blind and deaf. God bless him.)

Hang in there, 407. I would never be so crass to say that they are just dogs (or cats), but think of all the others out there waiting to be rescued.

(As I type, my 16+ year-old-best-boy-dog-in-the-world is trying to watch me even though he's totally blind and deaf. God bless him.)
Eve can't hear anything and her sight is pretty bad. What gets me is she eats like a horse and she is skin and bone. I guess it's the cancer but every now and then she takes on cooper for about twenty seconds and I feel real proud. Then she falls over and I break it up. She can't play like she used to so I just have to watch her back. It's not like she hasent watched mine.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Eve can't hear anything and her sight is pretty bad. What gets me is she eats like a horse and she is skin and bone. I guess it's the cancer but every now and then she takes on cooper for about twenty seconds and I feel real proud. Then she falls over and I break it up. She can't play like she used to so I just have to watch her back. It's not like she hasent watched mine.
My poor Chunkie Monkey got Stomach cancer and would hide his pain from me. I still cry for him. 9/6/07 I love you, Monk.

His mommy, Seka, left me three weeks later. Thank you, Seka, for letting me love you and your baby. I miss you both more that I could ever express in words.

I still have Lucy, adopted in 99. She's not long for this world. Poor girl.

I wish Barney and Baxter loved Brodie like I do. But, I love all three with all my heart. I never got the pleasure of two-legged kids. I love my four legged ones, as if I gave birth myself.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Exactly the same with my old guy Cosmo (see where I borrowed my screen name?) Eats like a pig and nothing but ribs and fur. I came in the house today, and he tried to put his paws up on my chest to give me a kiss, which he hasn't tried in years. The old bastid thinks he's still a puppy.

Somebody post something less depressing. Just sayin'.

UPS Lifer

View attachment 7806View attachment 7806View attachment 7806I just figured out how to finally post picture on here. This is Eve the love of my life. She has been with me through thick and thin. She has cancer real bad and her days are numbered. I plan to eat a big steak with her tomorrow.

I actually feel your pain.... my family and I went through this on November 2nd. I was not strong enough to be there for my baby but my wife was. They are part of our family, our children and the loss hurts no less. All we can do is love them with all our heart and hug them with all our positive energy.

I will keep you & Eve in my thoughts and prayers.

Fluffy
Fluffy.jpg At the time of this pic, I didn't have a confirmed prognosis but I knew that it may be the last picture I took. I am thankful I had 13 years with her and I will never forget her. She was a bundle of love and the hole in my heart will take a long time to heal and the scare will be there for as long as I live.

God Bless You

Fluffy.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put to death. We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words. Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals and so to share the blessings of the merciful.
Albert Schweitzer