How's the view???........

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our center manager discourages the handing out of dog biscuits.

One thing I learned many years ago is that giving treats almost always wins over the questionable dogs. I'd rather have them friendly. I have tons of dogs on my rural route.

Even if I was told not to, I still would. I was bitten earlier this year, on a different route, and was off for 2 weeks as a result. Dog treats all around! Lol.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Vacation...its brutal.

View attachment 15612
67 that was almost the high temperature here today. Crazy having a high temperature like that in the south in august.

Sent using BrownCafe App
If you look more closely at the guage you will see the outside temperature is 100 and he has the AC set at 67.

Hey Mr. Obvious, he was pointing out that the temperature inside the car was close to the high temperature where he is.

<dense>

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
He told us that, in his previous center, two dogs, who had been used to getting treats from the drivers, had been run over and killed by cover drivers.
What would the presence or absence of dog treats have to do with the dogs getting run over? The dogs are going to come out to the truck either way if they are outside. If I have a dog that circles the truck or keeps running around in my blind spot I toss a cookie into the bushes to divert it away from the truck while I turn around.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I deliver in the city and don't have time to do it anyway but when I had my country run I still refrained from doing so.
How much time does it take to reach into one's shirt pocket and toss a biscuit to a dog while walking to or from the door?

How much time is saved by having the ability to get out of the truck and proceed directly to and from the customer's door without having any worries about getting bitten?

How much time is saved by having the ability to drive directly onto the property and get safely turned around without having to stop and honk the horn and wait for the owner to round the dogs up and secure them before proceeding?

How much lost time and medical bills have I personally saved the company over the last 27 years by never once getting bitten?

Yes, I admit that I love dogs but from a purely business perspective the dogs are an obstacle, and the biscuits give me the ability to control that obstacle and maintain an efficient and productive routine throughout my day.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Subject: Dog - Stay

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A "DOG PERSON" TO TRULY APPRECIATE THIS STORY.
Stay......
I pulled into the crowded parking lot at thelocal shopping center and rolled
down the car windows to make sure my Labrador Retriever Pup had fresh air.

She was stretched full-out on the back seat and I wanted to impress upon
her that she must remain there.

I walked to the curb backward, pointing my finger at the
car and saying emphatically,
"Now you stay. Do you hear me?""Stay! Stay!"

The driver of a nearby car, a pretty young Swedishblonde, gave
me a strange look and said,
(this is going to hurt - read on)

"Why don't you just putitin 'Park'?"

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Subject: Dog - Stay

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A "DOG PERSON" TO TRULY APPRECIATE THIS STORY.
Stay......
I pulled into the crowded parking lot at thelocal shopping center and rolled
down the car windows to make sure my Labrador Retriever Pup had fresh air.

She was stretched full-out on the back seat and I wanted to impress upon
her that she must remain there.

I walked to the curb backward, pointing my finger at the
car and saying emphatically,
"Now you stay. Do you hear me?""Stay! Stay!"

The driver of a nearby car, a pretty young Swedishblonde, gave
me a strange look and said,
(this is going to hurt - read on)

"Why don't you just putitin 'Park'?"