How's the view???........

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I shot this from the same spot and I think I may have posted it before. I like to take sunrise/sunset photos. I'm getting up early tomorrow to try to take some more.

SweetwaterSunrise.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
View attachment 72800
Showed up for work Monday morning and to my surprise someone had installed a new jump seat in my package car.
Or should I say, dump seat.
Must find a more secure satellite center!

What the hell? Is that some kind of spring loaded -soft riding drivers seat with an ergonomic back rest with lumbar support and 3 point seatbelt you have in that truck? Damn you guys have it cushy now days. We more or less sat on cement blocks back when I delivered (not much better than that toilet in your picture)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Somebody wanting to help me with breakfast. I'm glad he got his appetite back, we almost put him down a few weeks ago.

I had to put one of my cats down last weekend. She was 19 and had started to pee all over the house. I brought her to a shelter----they wouldn't take her but they were kind enough to make a few phone calls to find a local vet who would euthanize her. It was kind of surreal-----I was on my cell phone calling the vet after I left the shelter and within a half hour she had been put down.

L

Little Brownie Girl

I had to put one of my cats down last weekend. She was 19 and had started to pee all over the house. I brought her to a shelter----they wouldn't take her but they were kind enough to make a few phone calls to find a local vet who would euthanize her. It was kind of surreal-----I was on my cell phone calling the vet after I left the shelter and within a half hour she had been put down.
I am so sorry for you....I am reading a great book called "Goodbye Friend" by Gary Kowalski as I had to put my horse down. I am so sorry for your little friend passing..

moreluck

golden ticket member
Somebody wanting to help me with breakfast. I'm glad he got his appetite back, we almost put him down a few weeks ago.

View attachment 72880
We had a problem a few months ago too....our dog is 13 and we thought she stroked out. Of course, it was the middle of the night and we took her to the emer vet here. I thought we weren't going to be coming home with her......having been through something like this a couple times with previous dogs.
She was getting better as we got closer to the vet. Once we arrived, we explained that she seems to be snapping out of it.
The vet said it was probably ODS ( old dog syndrome) and it's very common. They snap out of it if it's not a stroke or heart attack. She's fine and has been for a few months now.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Prayers answered. Ia that fiestaware?

Fiestaware only comes in solid colors and a very distinctive pattern to it. I grew up with my mom having hundreds of Fiestaware pieces so I can spot the stuff a mile a way. She has some of the older stuff that is worth a couple pennies as well. Lead paint and all.

Brown Matrix

He Starting To Belive
What the hell? Is that some kind of spring loaded -soft riding drivers seat with an ergonomic back rest with lumbar support and 3 point seatbelt you have in that truck? Damn you guys have it cushy now days. We more or less sat on cement blocks back when I delivered (not much better than that toilet in your picture)
Old Brown Timer :wheelchaitold me the other day during driver training before the school bus they all stood in the back of the package car and held on for dear life all day and took turns driving.

rod

Retired 22 years
Old Brown Timer :wheelchaitold me the other day during driver training before the school bus they all stood in the back of the package car and held on for dear life all day and took turns driving.

I remember when neither the driver or the person sitting in the jump seat had a seatbelt. In fact I drove a few that didn't even have a jump seat. One time I was so pissed I purposely tried to dislodge the center manager from the jump seat going around corners. I never succeeded and he never told me to slow down.

oldupsman

I am so sorry for you....I am reading a great book called "Goodbye Friend" by Gary Kowalski as I had to put my horse down. I am so sorry for your little friend passing..

Had to put my horse "Cubby" down last fall. I could stand at the fence and call his name across the pasture and he come running.
30 years old. I was giving him his last carrot when the vet gave him his shot. He laid down and here I was this 63 year old man just
crying his eyes out. And as I'm writing this I got tears in my eyes. Amazing what animals do to you.

rod

Retired 22 years
Had to put my horse "Cubby" down last fall. I could stand at the fence and call his name across the pasture and he come running.
30 years old. I was giving him his last carrot when the vet gave him his shot. He laid down and here I was this 63 year old man just
crying his eyes out. And as I'm writing this I got tears in my eyes. Amazing what animals do to you.

Sorry for your loss. If you don't mind me asking how old do horses get? I'm dumb when it comes to horses.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When i lost my horse, i didnt go to school for a,week. Same with my dogs