How's the view???........

EmerCond421

Here's a few more pic's from my route - hope you all enjoy :happy-very:
Dump File 190.jpg
Dump File 361.jpg
Dump File 371.jpg
Dump File 360.jpg

Dustyroads

I believe that the Mercedes photographed is one of the 2005 P57's which were considered "experimental", after the bulk of the P47's were purchased in late 2002, (they were mostly 2003 Freightliner bodied Benz chassis). The 57's were Dodge labeled, had the box cargo area attached to the Dalimer Benz chassis, they sport dual wheels and a little fatter anti-sway bar on the rear. Both the 47's and the 57's have the 5 cylinder diesel Mercedes engine that squeaks out an amazing 20 miles per gallon of fuel even when you drive it like you stole it.

If you have a good Benz mechanic in the building, these (the P57's) are the nicest package cars ever built. And, the 47's and 57's are the only package cars in the fleet that are equipped with a driver's airbag and a padded dash. It is because of the lack of these basic safety equipment (airbag and padded dash) that old ups vehicles cannot be resold to the public.

Dustyroads

You shouldn't apologize ECD, that is one beautiful package car. Looks to me like that the mud on the side was hard-earned. Thanks for the photo of the truck!

EmerCond421

Great pics.... I like how your truck is exactly the same as our P47 Mercedes sprinters in Europe....

I believe that the Mercedes photographed is one of the 2005 P57's which were considered "experimental", after the bulk of the P47's were purchased in late 2002, (they were mostly 2003 Freightliner bodied Benz chassis). The 57's were Dodge labeled, had the box cargo area attached to the Dalimer Benz chassis, they sport dual wheels and a little fatter anti-sway bar on the rear. Both the 47's and the 57's have the 5 cylinder diesel Mercedes engine that squeaks out an amazing 20 miles per gallon of fuel even when you drive it like you stole it.

If you have a good Benz mechanic in the building, these (the P57's) are the nicest package cars ever built. And, the 47's and 57's are the only package cars in the fleet that are equipped with a driver's airbag and a padded dash. It is because of the lack of these basic safety equipment (airbag and padded dash) that old ups vehicles cannot be resold to the public.

I really couldn't think of a better PC to do the route in! Hauls butt, great mileage, comfy, adjustable headlights (in the Cab), two 12 volt outlets - one for a radio and/or fan or cell phone recharger. Great ventilation 4 fresh air intakes ( nice upgrade from previous model ). Plenty of room for pkgs. and myself (6' footer).

Dustyroads

ECD, that package car is everything you said and a bag of chips. I've been driving for 31 years, spent 14 in Ford Econolines (flat top and bubble top), an eternity in P32's on a Ford chassis, a hellish six months in a P500, and 8 years in 47's and 57's. Small package cars in rough, rugged, remote areas, that's about all I've done in three decades, and the P57 is TOPS. Make it last, brother.

UPSviking

If you like the P57 you should see our brand new P55´s we have over here, those babies have it all, central locking, power windows, cd player,ESP, heated seats.... I will try to snap some shots of one next week.