I’m the worst preloader

papamia

Update: it’s my second week. Apparently I suck so bad at preloading they put me on another belt. My job is to split the belt and load two trucks. Full-time sup came by and asked me how I was and I said the difficulty wasn’t as bad. I’m still tired because it’s a lot. All the while I’m supposed to listen to the other pt sup discuss safety and tell me to hustle and be urgent. I’m so slow. Is there any hope for me? Other than that, I am much happier where I was moved to because that last lady was hard. I almost feel like I’m going to lose my job if I don’t get better! (Or at least that’s what they make me feel like.) Thanks a lot for reading. I’m just venting.

PT Car Washer

Update: it’s my second week. Apparently I suck so bad at preloading they put me on another belt. My job is to split the belt and load two trucks. Full-time sup came by and asked me how I was and I said the difficulty wasn’t as bad. I’m still tired because it’s a lot. All the while I’m supposed to listen to the other pt sup discuss safety and tell me to hustle and be urgent. I’m so slow. Is there any hope for me? Other than that, I am much happier where I was moved to because that last lady was hard. I almost feel like I’m going to lose my job if I don’t get better! (Or at least that’s what they make me feel like.) Thanks a lot for reading. I’m just venting.
They say that to all of us. 40+years and I still am told I am the worse employee they have ever seen.

charm299

Keep doing a crappy job and you will get promoted to part time supervisor

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated

Take a breath. Work hard, work safe, and you should be fine. Their job is to push you. You will get stronger and the job will get easier.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
1UUy.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Lol.
You're needy. And still almost assuredly doing fine.

My first 3 months, I did probably 8 different spots. It's something you're going to have to get used to, until they find a little slice of hell that you can call home.

Basically, we have a certain number of preloaders, and most preloaders have their own area to load. All areas covered. Until someone goes on vacation. Then someone has to cover it.
Which will be the low guy (sorry, gal) on the totem pole.

Splitting the belt and loading two trucks is a full area where I am. Might not be the hardest area, but it's a real area.

You aren't going to be fired. I was a horrific preloader for a year. I tried. But I was still terrible. As long as you show up, keep trying your best, and don't punch anyone, you're fine.

Relax. This job is not worth taking stress home over. The fact that you care means that you are already miles ahead of most of your coworkers.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We don't use the word "worst" here at UPS.

The proper term is "least best".

Work as safely and efficiently as you can, OP. This company will not go out of business because you cannot reach their unattainable production standards.