I’m the worst preloader

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Update: it’s my second week. Apparently I suck so bad at preloading they put me on another belt. My job is to split the belt and load two trucks. Full-time sup came by and asked me how I was and I said the difficulty wasn’t as bad. I’m still tired because it’s a lot. All the while I’m supposed to listen to the other pt sup discuss safety and tell me to hustle and be urgent. I’m so slow. Is there any hope for me? Other than that, I am much happier where I was moved to because that last lady was hard. I almost feel like I’m going to lose my job if I don’t get better! (Or at least that’s what they make me feel like.) Thanks a lot for reading. I’m just venting.
We just had a 90lb Chinese lady who spoke little to zero english quit. Took one minute to load one package but that truck looked like a work of art with how neat it was. She was not going to be let go, they need warm bodies. Hang in there. You sound like you care, which is 90% of the battle. Work for your drivers, not your sup. They will go to bat for you if you do them right.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
1UUy.gif
This is me back when I used to unload. HA tear down the whole damn wall idgaf

mikestuh

Update: it’s my second week. Apparently I suck so bad at preloading they put me on another belt. My job is to split the belt and load two trucks. Full-time sup came by and asked me how I was and I said the difficulty wasn’t as bad. I’m still tired because it’s a lot. All the while I’m supposed to listen to the other pt sup discuss safety and tell me to hustle and be urgent. I’m so slow. Is there any hope for me? Other than that, I am much happier where I was moved to because that last lady was hard. I almost feel like I’m going to lose my job if I don’t get better! (Or at least that’s what they make me feel like.) Thanks a lot for reading. I’m just venting.
At my hub if you are able to split the front of the belt while also loading 2 trucks management considers you a valuable asset even though they won't tell you that because they want you to work harder. Work at a safe brisk pace and if you have to stack out then do so neatly so as to not block egress. It gets alot easier when you get to know the route you're loading. If your driver is nice they might come in a few minutes early and help you wrap your truck up but don't be offended if they don't as they are not suppose too. Also part-time sups are usually a holes that couldn't make it doing preload and somehow made there way into management. Never trust management or hr and figure out who the shop stewards are and become friends with them.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Nobody, and I mean nobody in history has ever been disqualified in there 30 days as a package handler. Not even me, three hours late five nights a week

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you'll be fine whatever happens. being conscientious though is a hazard for your mental health at UPS. Just do the best you can and let the chips fall where they may.

whatever you do , please don't go to the other side ( management ) you don't have the soul-less attitude to survive that disaster.