Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dis-organized Labor

I turned wrenches in the USAF and two other airlines before coming here.
I got tired of incompetent whiners and lazy slugs who did nothing but act tough and disrespectful to everyone, just like you "Airbusfxr". You probably couldn't fix a flat tire. Get back to work before I whack you and you're in my office pleading for mercy, subordinate

Last edited by a moderator:

mrv

I got tired of incompetent whiners and lazy slugs who did nothing but act tough and disrespectful to everyone, just like you "Airbusfxr". You probably couldn't fix a flat tire. You sound like a pathetic imbecile and probably are. Get back to work before I whack you and you're in my office pleading for mercy, subordinate

Come on! Turning wrenches in the USAF! You probably walked the friend.O.D line more than anything else. This ain't the Airforce may friend, its time you entered the real world. Well you may be turning wrenches again! Hope you really know what your doing and not just hiding behind that tie! It would be a shame to go out there and find out that its a lot tougher to do it than watch it!

You may want to consider some MD11 training...Just in case.

mrv

I think you missed the target here. That was your supervisor who is sitting in a warm office drinking coffee with his feet propped up on a desk making $150k and glad he is not you sitting in a cold truck with a hard seat. :wink2:

Your right Hoaxster! Sitting in the truck is and indication that I do my job well. Mechanics with nothing to do just means green airplanes ready to fly. Believe me If inclined to do so I can generate as much work as needed to look busy...but then airplanes don't fly .

Supervisors that don't have real world experience don't understand what it takes to keep 200 million dollar aircraft flying. Their lack of knowlege and real world experience makes them into high priced timecard approvers always at the mercy of their crews.

Most of the problems we have in the Airline are caused by Supervisors and Managers that don't know how to fix an airplane let alone run an operation. Guys that were dead enders in the industry that latched onto UPS because no one else would employ them.

mrv

So I guess you are grateful for UPS hiring you?

Yes i am grateful UPS hired me! Easiest job I ever had! We are all Dead enders here, bouncing from job to job until UPS came along and hired us mostly because they did'nt know any better. I'm afraid this gravy train is coming to a screeching stop because we have a warped sense of entitlement. Our E-board will hand us all over to the devil.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
-Winston Churchill-

unionman

So I guess you are grateful for UPS hiring you?
He was talking about management...UPS is not interested in doing aircraft maintenance, just ask WJ our directer of maintenance. He has a small work force of highly trained mechanics that are there to make sure aircraft leave on time but thats about it. Is it our fault that UPS doesn't want us working on there airplanes? This is the craziest airline I have ever seen.

mrv

Joe Darmento put the fear of God into UPS Management weenies!
Joe did not take any crap from them and his lil' sidekick Chatburn did a great job too because he IS a unionman. I think Bob Combine is too nice
of a guy to get the job done, he doesn't cuss at Ragar enough.

Now you'r on the right track. Way to man up! Nows the time for everyone to man up! Take control of your Union and your lives! Take the training wheels off!

Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning.
-Winston Churchill-

airbusfxr

Why start unfounded rumors? Combine did not get sent to time out during talks. You did not call the local because Nancy would answer. Here are the facts though, UPS wants us to accept more subcontracting, get no retro, pay for health care, and get 43 cents per year raise and less mechanics per aircraft formula. I have sit in a truck for 20 years and hooked up a headset to dispatch them and when a problem arises, I have "moved" the aircraft. In the 80's we had airline people overseeing the operation and things were great, the 90's alot of them retired leaving "new blood" to run the operation into the mud. The '00s have us being ran by a group of idiots that were either run off from companies like America Worst, Peoples not expressed, or commuters and they are getting orders from ATL to strong arm us. I can tell you the strike vote will be high and when the Wall Street Journal and USA Today get a full page ad, will the company decide to lose customers or give us a fair contract. When the pilots used the media they got a fair deal. I hate to run off customers but why should I see Grade 20s and the rest run off with MIP and bonus checks while I have to pay for it. The company cannot expect me to work 4 years without a raise while we provide safe and reliable customer service world wide. The company can come to the table with retro, free health care, 3 to 4% raise for 10 years, and a subcontracting formula or we will go to the media and customer. I stood by our drivers in '97 and the International will return the favor in peak of '09. The company is risking all of our futures for a few pennies, why?

mrv

Keep drinking the cool-aid Airbusfxr everything will be better in the morning. You know what to do! Quit hoping Combine pull a rabbit out of his a** and stand up for something. 4 years without a contract and 150 souls lost! Wake up! Take control of YOUR union!

brownone

Why start unfounded rumors? Combine did not get sent to time out during talks. You did not call the local because Nancy would answer. Here are the facts though, UPS wants us to accept more subcontracting, get no retro, pay for health care, and get 43 cents per year raise and less mechanics per aircraft formula. I have sit in a truck for 20 years and hooked up a headset to dispatch them and when a problem arises, I have "moved" the aircraft. In the 80's we had airline people overseeing the operation and things were great, the 90's alot of them retired leaving "new blood" to run the operation into the mud. The '00s have us being ran by a group of idiots that were either run off from companies like America Worst, Peoples not expressed, or commuters and they are getting orders from ATL to strong arm us. I can tell you the strike vote will be high and when the Wall Street Journal and USA Today get a full page ad, will the company decide to lose customers or give us a fair contract. When the pilots used the media they got a fair deal. I hate to run off customers but why should I see Grade 20s and the rest run off with MIP and bonus checks while I have to pay for it. The company cannot expect me to work 4 years without a raise while we provide safe and reliable customer service world wide. The company can come to the table with retro, free health care, 3 to 4% raise for 10 years, and a subcontracting formula or we will go to the media and customer. I stood by our drivers in '97 and the International will return the favor in peak of '09. The company is risking all of our futures for a few pennies, why?

Go look at the economy and then look at your demands, think you might have ingested a little to much jet A. If you are counting on the drivers to stand by your side, it is not going to happen.

unionman

Go look at the economy and then look at your demands, think you might have ingested a little to much jet A. If you are counting on the drivers to stand by your side, it is not going to happen.
Are we just suppose to do nothing while they break our contract and farm our jobs out. We don't need the drivers to walk. We will do more damage with are own campaign. The drivers won't have the option of crossing our line. You know nothing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is it my imagination or is this the plane wreck thread?
I am somehow drawn back to it just to see what is posted.

It's like a plane wreck with sheets over bodies ... you just can't help yourself.

Last edited:

unionman

Is it my imagination or is this the plane wreck thread?
I am somehow drawn back to it just to see what is posted.

It's like a plane wreck with sheets over bodies ... you just can't help yourself.
We can use your forehead for our next bill board.

Cookdaddy

I got tired of incompetent whiners and lazy slugs who did nothing but act tough and disrespectful to everyone, just like you "Airbusfxr". You probably couldn't fix a flat tire. Get back to work before I whack you and you're in my office pleading for mercy, subordinate

I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar.
-Spock- TOS

airbusfxr

Hoax, take control of the thread. I have never seen so many aircraft mechanic experts in my life. There are maybe 5 mechanics posting here, and could be less. I am shocked that people try to post on this thread, and some have never seen an UPS airplane except in a picture frame in an office. The issue here is that we are being asked to pay for health care, get no retro for 4 years of an expired contract (see RLA of 1929), get a 1% raise, and let mexico and china work on UPS owned commercial jets. If we walk then everyone that is IBT will walk, sorry but remember '97, if not ask a steward.

ACE

There are maybe 5 mechanics posting here, and could be less. I am shocked that people try to post on this thread, and some have never seen an UPS airplane except in a picture frame in an office.

I'm a mechanic and I proudly voted to strike. I do however disagree that there are a lot of mechanics on this thread and almost all of them voted to strike!

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun"
-Adolf Hitler

mrv

Hoax, take control of the thread. I have never seen so many aircraft mechanic experts in my life. There are maybe 5 mechanics posting here, and could be less. I am shocked that people try to post on this thread, and some have never seen an UPS airplane except in a picture frame in an office. The issue here is that we are being asked to pay for health care, get no retro for 4 years of an expired contract (see RLA of 1929), get a 1% raise, and let mexico and china work on UPS owned commercial jets. If we walk then everyone that is IBT will walk, sorry but remember '97, if not ask a steward.

Lets make this airbusfxr's thread. Only airbusfxrs opinions are allowed. The issues we face are daunting given the current economic situation. In order to overcome them we need strong leadership! Unprofessional behavior and sissy fits will not get us the contract that we earned. They have been at it for 4 years! Time for change. Time to take the training wheels off!

It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best'. You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
-Winston Churchill-

Warden

You might be surprised who’s viewing this thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.