Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

unionman

See what I mean? You people can't orchestrate anything. You feed off each other. There will be no strike because most of the 2727 guys are smart enough to not follow the dribble that people like "Airbusfxr" spew about "solidarity". Gimme a break! Do you think this is 1930? Look around you ******************************. Why don't you try a constructive approach instead of destructive. management jumps on you because of your refusal to do an honest day's work for an honest dollar. OK, go ahead and tell me how all we care about is production and green airplanes. I'll tell you you're right. Don't you see that we're in a battle for survival?
********!
What do you know about running an airline? Nothing. You call us lazy and not worth a dam and yet UPS continues to farm out everything not bolted down. Give me a break, its your fault we don't do maintenance at this sh*&hole airline. Never seen a more antiquated computer system thats from the 1950s and you didn't even have a friggin airworthiness release until this year for Gods sake. You got total morons runnin this thing into the ground not us.

D

Dis-organized Labor

What do you know about running an airline? Nothing. You call us lazy and not worth a dam and yet UPS continues to farm out everything not bolted down. Give me a break, its your fault we don't do maintenance at this sh*&hole airline. Never seen a more antiquated computer system thats from the 1950s and you didn't even have a friggin airworthiness release until this year for Gods sake. You got total morons runnin this thing into the ground not us.

Then leave little boy. What, no guts? Go somewhere else and "run" an airline.
I do not give a "dam", it's actually: "I don't give a Flying friend--- about you or your union"

airbusfxr

Cheryl has the article on the news page, maybe hoax or 925 can post it here for an easy read. I am hearing that JCPenney is already in talks with FDX to move in case of a strike. The biggest deal is that it say UPS could double our pay and never miss a penny, we are only asking for a fair days pay for a fair days work for a company that is treating us fair. The Reuters article is making the rounds and with FOX, MSNBC, Yahoo Finance and other picking it up it will spread like wildfire. I would hope the Sept 22 talks will be the one that gets UPS to the table.

over9five

Staff member
Here is Cheryls post Airbusfxr was referring to:

UPS calls looming strike vote a gesture. Is it? - Reuters
"The 1,400 U.S. mechanics who maintain United Parcel Service Inc's (UPS.N) worldwide fleet of 263 aircraft will hold a strike authorization vote next week, on the cusp of the company's peak shipping season.

Should investors or customers care?

It depends on whom you ask. UPS, the world's largest package delivery company, says the vote is meaningless. The union, Teamsters Local 2727, disagrees -- and at least one analyst thinks a walkout is possible, though he says a strike like the one that crippled UPS in 1997 is highly unlikely."

unionman

Here is Cheryls post Airbusfxr was referring to:

UPS calls looming strike vote a gesture. Is it? - Reuters
"The 1,400 U.S. mechanics who maintain United Parcel Service Inc's (UPS.N) worldwide fleet of 263 aircraft will hold a strike authorization vote next week, on the cusp of the company's peak shipping season.

Should investors or customers care?

It depends on whom you ask. UPS, the world's largest package delivery company, says the vote is meaningless. The union, Teamsters Local 2727, disagrees -- and at least one analyst thinks a walkout is possible, though he says a strike like the one that crippled UPS in 1997 is highly unlikely."
Why on Gods green earth would UPS risk losing who knows how many customers over a few mechanics? It just makes no sense to completely ignore your aircraft mechanics and farmout what little work they have just to supposedly save a few bucks.

over9five

Staff member
Why on Gods green earth? [-]would UPS risk losing who knows how many customers over a few mechanics? It just makes no sense to completely ignore your aircraft mechanics and farmout what little work they have[/-] Just to [-]supposedly[/-] save a few bucks.

See? You answered your own question.

unionman

Why on Gods green earth? [-]would UPS risk losing who knows how many customers over a few mechanics? It just makes no sense to completely ignore your aircraft mechanics and farmout what little work they have[/-] Just to [-]supposedly[/-] save a few bucks.

See? You answered your own question.
And it will cost them millions to save those few dollars.

mrv

See what I mean? You people can't orchestrate anything. You feed off each other. There will be no strike because most of the 2727 guys are smart enough to not follow the dribble that people like "Airbusfxr" spew about "solidarity". Gimme a break! Do you think this is 1930? Look around you ******************************. Why don't you try a constructive approach instead of destructive. management jumps on you because of your refusal to do an honest day's work for an honest dollar. OK, go ahead and tell me how all we care about is production and green airplanes. I'll tell you you're right. Don't you see that we're in a battle for survival?
********!

I know its tough being a SEP supervisor but you need to calm down. I thought all you guys went to Professional AMT training this year, must not of taken You must be frustrated being unable to control you crew and and having to be accountable for a job you know nothing about. If you get past your 30-60-90 you may want to get some training so you can address these issues from a position of knowledge.

Cookdaddy

********!
We've made to many sacrifices already,to many retreats. They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they have done!
-Jean-Luc Picard- Star Trek TNG

Warden

Then leave little boy. What, no guts? Go somewhere else and "run" an airline.
I do not give a "dam", it's actually: "I don't give a Flying friend--- about you or your union"
Cool your jets junior, or you will find yourself in the belly of GWC assigning WANS for the rest of your miserable career…
A wise friend of mine once said:
~ All I ask is three beers apiece for each of my co-workers...I think a man workin' outdoors feels more like a man if he can have a bottle of suds. That's only my opinion.~
Nothing like the good ol’ days….

over9five

Staff member
We've made to many sacrifices already,to many retreats. They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they have done!
-Jean-Luc Picard- Star Trek TNG

Anyone who can make a Star Trek tie-in outta this thread deserves some rep!!!

5 more days. and i did'nt even get a secret envelope to put my YES vote in. hope they still accept it. i can't wait to have some time off around christmas. better start saving your strike fund money. sure hope we get a contract before that crap happens. but i'm ready, hope you are too. i can't wait to see my family in tennessee.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, UPS!!!!

If a person gets up in the morning with such an attitude before going to work....the question needs to be answered why go to work at a place you don't like. I'm sure there are other airlines you would be happy to go to work for. May I suggest Eastern or, maybe Pan Am or, maybe all the others that are just a memory.

unionman

If a person gets up in the morning with such an attitude before going to work....the question needs to be answered why go to work at a place you don't like. I'm sure there are other airlines you would be happy to go to work for. May I suggest Eastern or, maybe Pan Am or, maybe all the others that are just a memory.
Im suppose to be happy that Im laid off while UPS outsources my job to China. Get a clue.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Now you have plenty of time to pull the weeds around your trailer.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Which one? I have several trailers and a wife in each.

Status
Not open for further replies.