Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownone

If they go I go! I am a ground guy and I will not cross their picket line! I would walk it like it was our picket line! They honored us in 95 97 and 98 s=and I will honor theirs in 09/10 if it happens.

Why should they have to pay for their benefits? The last two contracts for small package and the building and auto mechanics did not give such concessions! Their contract was up first but do not think that they are the only UPS employees without a contract CSI also is without a contract.

Please do not use the line that because management has! Your not union and not entitled to a negotiated benefit! I myself am fully aware that this will be a huge deal in 2013 and I am fully prepared to take less hourly to ensure my medical stays.

So please only speak of what you know! There are many pissed off UPS employees that are just itching to walk and what a better way than to collect unemployment for honoring their line!

Red, Why should they not have to pay for a part of their benefits? Benefits are the biggest cost to the company. Step out of the 1970's with your hard line BS and look at the health and welfare system we have now in this country. The days of "free" benefits are winding down, even if you are a union member. When you say you will take less in hourly wage, does that mean you will take a pay cut or just less of a raise? While you are prepared to walk for the mechanics, there are many who are not prepared and won't walk.

Cookdaddy

"You've told me what to eat and what to think and what to say----and then, when I show a glimmer of independant thought, you strap me down, you inject me with drugs and you call it a treatment! You're becoming agitated ? You bet I'm agitated! I may be surrounded by insanity, but I am not insane!!!
- Commander William T. Riker- Star Trek TNG

mrv

Red, Why should they not have to pay for a part of their benefits? Benefits are the biggest cost to the company. Step out of the 1970's with your hard line BS and look at the health and welfare system we have now in this country. The days of "free" benefits are winding down, even if you are a union member. When you say you will take less in hourly wage, does that mean you will take a pay cut or just less of a raise? While you are prepared to walk for the mechanics, there are many who are not prepared and won't walk.

Just remember everything you have is made possible because of Unions. If it were not for Unions fighting for worker rights we would all destined for a miserable life of servitude. Just because you are being targeted by UPS dose not mean I will give up my hard fought benifits without a fight. I feel sorry for you guys that poured you heart and souls into UPS, only to be brushed aside like a sack of garbage.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

It would not be a good idea to cross a pickett line if your a Teamster when the rest of your brothers and sisters are on strike...

hshi

Hey guys,

I do not know what the actual beef is but let me tell you of my perspective...
Re: AMT (A&P's), I am down here in South FL and there is NO work.
After 24 years of experience in commercial aircraft, the best I was ever able to do was $17.00 / hour.
I do not know what you guys are making but I am sure it is much better than that.
I have never worked for a company that provided 100% health care.
I am currently on layoff from my previous employer where I was paying $180 every 2 weeks = $360 per month for 2 (wife & I).
The COBRA plan thanks to Obama's 65% contribution brings my monthly premium down to exactly what I was paying with my employer contribution plan.
I do understand that UPS AMT's have been without a contract for the past 3 years and that my friend is an issue with the union.
Maybe it is time for you guys to take a serious look at the union and what they are doing for you. Is it possible that maybe the union is hummmm OBSOLETE?
I have never had the opportunity to be employed in a union shop so I can't say I know what you guys are going through but just remember...Eastern Airlines, Pan Am, Branniff just to name a few.
Maybe it is time to stop thinking about "Me" and look long term for the survivorship of both the company and the industry.

I worked on UPS planes as an outstation A&P for ORION AIR who was a contractor with UPS before UPS was their own airline.
Since then I have bounced around the country to different outstations and ended up in South FL. got married in 1992 and due to the wife, was not able to relocate anymore...
Bottom line, there are no aviation jobs down here and the atmosphere is that now we are willing to relocate to Louisville (SDF) and if I can make $35K, we'll be happy.

Just curious...What are the union dues costing you?
What are you currently paying for health insurance?

mrv

Hey guys,

After 24 years of experience in commercial aircraft, the best I was ever able to do was $17.00 / hour.

Bottom line, there are no aviation jobs down here and the atmosphere is that now we are willing to relocate to Louisville (SDF) and if I can make $35K, we'll be happy.

Must not be much of a mechanic if 17 bucks an hr is the best you can do, no wonder UPS did'nt hire you from Orion when they became an airline.You sound just like the kind of guy UPS is looking for!Stan-by is we strike you will get your opportunity with all the other scabs. Weak!!!!

JETDOC

Hey guys,

I do not know what you guys are making but I am sure it is much better than that.
I am currently on layoff from my previous employer where I was paying $180 every 2 weeks = $360 per month for 2 (wife & I).
The COBRA plan thanks to Obama's 65% contribution brings my monthly premium down to exactly what I was paying with my employer contribution plan.
I do understand that UPS AMT's have been without a contract for the past 3 years and that my friend is an issue with the union.
Maybe it is time for you guys to take a serious look at the union and what they are doing for you. Is it possible that maybe the union is hummmm OBSOLETE?
I have never had the opportunity to be employed in a union shop so I can't say I know what you guys are going through but just remember...Eastern Airlines, Pan Am, Branniff just to name a few.
Maybe it is time to stop thinking about "Me" and look long term for the survivorship of both the company and the industry.

I worked on UPS planes as an outstation A&P for ORION AIR who was a contractor with UPS before UPS was their own airline.
Since then I have bounced around the country to different outstations and ended up in South FL. got married in 1992 and due to the wife, was not able to relocate anymore...

Nice story.

nhguy

What a B757/B767 Captain told me that we will make 300k and he pays 300 bucks a month for family. If I make 100k I will still pay 0 or we will strike. I talk to AMTs every day and we are not willing to pay for health care and subcontract to Asia and Mexico, and not get out Retro, and etc etc etc
AIRBUSFXR-

Have you talked to any of their spouses. Don't think Mama 's going to sit back and watch you walk a picket line and leave the kids and family to struggle.

It's also funny that now your grouping yourself in with the Pilots. I told you once already, your not a grade 20 , your not on the board of directors, your not a pilot. Stop thinking your entitled to everything these people make or recieve. You have a good paying job that pays you the highest wages and benefits in the industry.

"Remember the big fish always eats the little one's"

JETDOC

AIRBUSFXR-

Have you talked to any of their spouses. Don't think Mama 's going to sit back and watch you walk a picket line and leave the kids and family to struggle.

It's also funny that now your grouping yourself in with the Pilots. I told you once already, your not a grade 20 , your not on the board of directors, your not a pilot. Stop thinking your entitled to everything these people make or recieve. You have a good paying job that pays you the highest wages and benefits in the industry.

"Remember the big fish always eats the little one's"[/QUOTE

Mama does what she's told.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Hey guys,

24 years and thats all you can make...you better go back to school and
do something else for a living. You might want to look at mowing lawns...and your buddy Obama can help you out with anything else you need.:devil3:

airbusfxr

Hey guys,

Dude, you are a lost cause.

Last edited:

hshi

Be happy you guys are making what you are because the end you will be ones crying and reminiscing the good old days when you were making BooKoo Bucks.
It don't take a rocket scientist to perform daily maintenance and throw parts at a problem.
Why do you think they outsource all the heavy checks.
You guys will strike, they will contract out the daily stuff and the ball will keep on rollin.
As for what I was making... That was just the industry standard down here in South FL.
Greed and the unions killed the airline industry down here.
I never had the opportunity to work for a big time company, just contractors like Orion Air and Ryan Int'l. I did do 7 years with Arrow Air in Miami but all of the unemployed mechs from Eastern & Pan Am drove down the wages and when it comes to putting bread on the table, you take what you can get, especially if you're not in a position to relocate.
Now I am in a position to relocate and I am coming to SDF and who knows... there may be plenty of jobs available.
PS...Wear comfortable shoes.
Oh by the way, Airbusfxr, I'm a lost cause...I'm not the one(s) following a blind union for 3 years without a contract.

mrv

Be happy you guys are making what you are because the end you will be ones crying and reminiscing the good old days when you were making BooKoo Bucks.
It don't take a rocket scientist to perform daily maintenance and throw parts at a problem.
You guys will strike, they will contract out the daily stuff and the ball will keep on rollin.
As for what I was making... That was just the industry standard down here in South FL.
I never had the opportunity to work for a big time company, just contractors like Orion Air and Ryan Int'l. I did do 7 years with Arrow Air in Miami but all of the unemployed mechs from Eastern & Pan Am drove down the wages and when it comes to putting bread on the table, you take what you can get, especially if you're not in a position to relocate.
Now I am in a position to relocate and I am coming to SDF and who knows... there may be plenty of jobs available.
Oh by the way, Airbusfxr, I'm a lost cause...I'm not the one(s) following a blind union for 3 years without a contract.

A circling vulture. You scabs are all the same picking for scrapes. Ever wonder why no one will hire you? You may think you'er only way into a into a big time airline is to become a scab, but once the strike is over you will have nowhere to go. Become a man and do it the right way! You'll feel better.

ACE

I'm not familiar with that form of currency? BooKoo Bucks?

Why do you think they outsource all the heavy checks..

Because we are more intelligent and too valuable as mechanics to waste as a trivial corrosion grinder. UPS hires illegals for that kinda work.

"The Daily Stuff" Is why we are paid $43.00 per hour. We are line mechanics that keep the "Plane" moving. (If you would like to refer to the Aircraft as a "Ball" from here on out, we can do that).

Industry "Ball" standard does vary from region to region. Probably due to a lot of "Ball" mechanics in South Florida that swam to the United States that used to work for "Bookoo Bucks" in some Communist Banana Republic.

Greed and the unions killed the "Ball" industry down here.

Don't forget the scabs like you!

I never had the opportunity to work for a big time company,

You can count Wal-Mart as a "Big Time" company. They are actually bigger time than UPS, except they don't have any "Balls". Actually they have some corporate "balls" just no Wide Body "Balls" like UPS.

Yep who knows? Plan to swim up?

Airbusfxr probably isn't any better at fixing planes than you are. Just a lucky pig farmer that got hired by a "Big Time" Company with "Balls".

Sweat saves blood.
Erwin Rommel

SKYKING BIRDMAN

I would gladly give up any raise and even take a pay cut if I could get the defined pension that every other Upser has. Our contract needs many improvements that the top dollar doesnt address.

QUOTE=hshi;611682] Is it possible that maybe the union is hummmm OBSOLETE?
Bottom line, there are no aviation jobs down here and the atmosphere is that now we are willing to relocate to Louisville (SDF) and if I can make $35K, we'll be happy. QUOTE]

UPS's dream team! Match made in Heaven.

JETDOC

Stop talking and start walking, make sure it's o.k. with the wife first.

Cookdaddy

" Let me tell you a story. I once knew a Cardassian, a dashing, hansom young man with a promising career. And then one day, through no fault of his own, he found himself exiled and alone, with nowhere to turn. But did he give up? No. Instead he stuck up a brilliant plan. Rather than fleeing for the rest of his life, he sought shelter in the one place no one expected him to go. In the stronghold of his peoples most hated enemies. There, surrounded by hostle strangers, he built a life. And there, against all odds, against the merciless logic of the Universe itself, he thrived."

"By becoming the greatest traiter in the Galaxy."
-Garek- Star Trek DS9

Lue C Fur

Evil member

You sound like perfect UPS supervisor material...maybe you should set down your "Popular Mechanics" tool set and put on a tie. :devil3:

D

Dis-organized Labor

Airbusfxr probably isn't any better at fixing planes than you are. Just a lucky pig farmer that got hired by a "Big Time" Company with "Balls".

Sweat saves blood.
Erwin Rommel

Why don't you spend your time a bit more productively rather than dissect this post? Everytime anyone has an opinion, you union people are at the attack. All we want is capable mechanics that aren't whining and bitching all day and night. The way you attack your e-board is very interesting considering how you attacked darmento and his thugs years ago. Oh, wait it must have been some other union guy other than the Nazi's, the Union Savior and the other expert mechanics/politicians/wanna-be's that we only hear from on here.
Does striking help the company and all it's employees as a whole or just 2727? I know it is entirely the company's fault that you haven't been able to come to terms (not), but the way you slam your current e-board shows how dysfunctional 2727 is internally.
I can't wait to see the attacks from the Nazi wanna-be's.

Status
Not open for further replies.