Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrv

I will have to give our E-board credit for not caring about those that have been layed off thus far. Another round will hit all topped out AMT's and the pressure will mount. I believe they will be able to get a concessionary contract based on the incompetence alone. I've seen a lot of talk but very little sincerity when in comes to those that have been layed off.

For instance there is currently a mechanic still on the sonority list and working in MSY that should have been bumped. Labor made a mistake and he has been over looked. Our E-board hasn't monitored the process at all. I know a hand full of mechanics that didn't have the opportunity to bump and could have bumped that guy. Every time labor has put pressure on the mechanics to turn in choices, the E-board has rolled over.

That's the way it should be, If the company wants to lay off 500 mechanics. Our E-board should only be concerned with getting a contract for the mechanics that UPS wants to keep on payroll.

I'd like to see UPS keep 500 AMT's and we'll sign a contract for $100.00 per hour.

This enraged the other Nazi so much that the next morning he came to our house and he shot my father.
Bruno Schulz

You're right! This E-board is only concerned about themselves. They stopped caring about laid off members the minute they walked out the door. What happened to that great MOU? It was just a ploy by the E-board and UPS to keep everyone quiet. Many laid off members wanted to use the MOU, but nothing happened as usual. This E-board is nothing but corrupted amatures.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Have you guys made suggestions to them about what you believe they should be doing?

ACE

Have you guys made suggestions to them about what you believe they should be doing?

Have you ever made a suggestion to Warden Johnson about what he should do?

Do you even have a clue about life? They only take suggestions from their pig farming upgrades. And then, only if they agree with them. Combine is more arrogant than any previous president, plus he doesn't have the intelligence to back it up.

Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, armored troops will play the decisive role.
Heinz Guderian

Lue C Fur

Evil member

How about making a suggestion to managment to treat us with some respect for the job that we do? Get the Warren Johnsons of UPS out. How about manking a suggestion to get rid of all the extra managment...all the mid level managers that have mid level managers, etc. There is an overage of managment in UPS that have positions that are made for them for no reason and really dont have any job to speak of.

If UPS wants to cut costs they would offer ealry retirement to the topped out high time mechanics. Just think of the savings they would get from that...That suggestion was given to UPS but they turned it down.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Have you ever made a suggestion to Warden Johnson about what he should do?

Do you even have a clue about life? They only take suggestions from their pig farming upgrades. And then, only if they agree with them. Combine is more arrogant than any previous president, plus he doesn't have the intelligence to back it up.

Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, armored troops will play the decisive role.
Heinz Guderian

My former relationship with Combine was when he just became president.
I haven't dealt with him in several years and in a different capacity.
I don't give Warren suggestions. He is not as approachable as I assumed Combine would be.

D

Dis-organized Labor

How about making a suggestion to managment to treat us with some respect for the job that we do? Get the Warren Johnsons of UPS out. How about manking a suggestion to get rid of all the extra managment...all the mid level managers that have mid level managers, etc. There is an overage of managment in UPS that have positions that are made for them for no reason and really dont have any job to speak of.

If UPS wants to cut costs they would offer ealry retirement to the topped out high time mechanics. Just think of the savings they would get from that...That suggestion was given to UPS but they turned it down.

If you knew what I do, and what I've contributed since the start of the airline, I believe you would not say that my job is made up.
I agreee that there are some, but that is because of the inconsistencies within the M&E organization.
I can't speak to the early retirement thing.
I'd probably take it though.

mrv

If you knew what I do, and what I've contributed since the start of the airline, I believe you would not say that my job is made up.
I agreee that there are some, but that is because of the inconsistencies within the M&E organization.
I can't speak to the early retirement thing.
I'd probably take it though.

Approving timecards and making sure everyone is wearing the right color t-shirt is'nt much of a contribution. What would help is some actual knowlege of aircraft maintenance. I'm tired of blank stares whenever I ask a technical question. Our management team is nothing more than empty suits tring to one up each other. Whatever happened to old school supervisors that worked on aircraft and contributed to the operation? The Warden is the best example of an empty suit with an on-line degree that never worked on aircraft.

fr8dog

Brothers and sisters from 2727, there are a lot of us here pulling for you and will support you in what ever you decide! You walk and many of us will honor your lines in respect and walk with you, including myself and dam near my whole local![/QUOTE]

Thanks Red. Hopefully we won't need it.

SKYKING BIRDMAN

Supervisors are being caught working on aircraft system wide. Some of the layoffs cut to deep and instead of bringing people back supervisors are doing the work. Apparently UPS would rather violate the contract than bring back laid off mechanics. Is this in preperation of a strike or lockout??

socwiz

Sorry I have to do this but.......I was trying to visualize a mechanic's picket line. Pick up trucks parked in front of facilities with signs hanging and mechanics asleep inside. That would stop me from working.

mrv

Sorry I have to do this but.......I was trying to visualize a mechanic's picket line. Pick up trucks parked in front of facilities with signs hanging and mechanics asleep inside. That would stop me from working.

Keep that visual...it will help you justify becoming a scab.

airbusfxr

The latest hotline message states that the Nov 2 talks in ATL, along with airline profits, should have UPS bring a contract to the table. If not then we will asked to be released from this long term mediation. UPS has made money and it is time to reward the employees that move NDA and Int pkgs the most profitable part of the company. If we are released then the Dec 3 or 4th should be the day the strike begins, and all IBT represented employees will be locked out, as in '97. We all hope UPSCO's profit will be a motivation for UPS to reward the people bringing in the most money.

airbusfxr

A couple of updates, the MSY mechanic is being worked due to the person who bumped him is on disability and no one had a bid in for MSY. The layoffs put everyone in unchartered waters and mistakes were made by both sides, and the company will do anything they want unless someone stands up to them. We have been running on autopilot or fumes since Joe left and it is catching up to all of us. In closing supervisiors are not working on airplanes at any gateways another warden johnson, mediator releasing combine balking, a big layoff after peak, and another one about etc etc etc.

Cookdaddy

A couple of updates, the MSY mechanic is being worked due to the person who bumped him is on disability and no one had a bid in for MSY. The layoffs put everyone in unchartered waters and mistakes were made by both sides, and the company will do anything they want unless someone stands up to them. We have been running on autopilot or fumes since Joe left and it is catching up to all of us. In closing supervisiors are not working on airplanes at any gateways another warden johnson, mediator releasing combine balking, a big layoff after peak, and another one about etc etc etc.

Hidden Surprise in Star Trek Episode

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I politely ask that if UPS does indeed present a contract Nov. 2nd that the members take the time to throroughly read the document, keeping in mind our current economic climate and the impact that a work stoppage would have not only on yourselves but on all of the other Teamster UPS employees, and that if the proposals within the contract are considered to be acceptable to please quickly ratify the contract so that our operations will not be affected. I am in no way asking you to accept terms and conditions which are not acceptable simply to get this resolved but do ask that you remain objective and, if the proposal is acceptable, quickly ratify so that we can move on. Thank you and I apologoize for my earlier statements. Dave.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I politely ask that if UPS does indeed present a contract Nov. 2nd that the members take the time to throroughly read the document, keeping in mind our current economic climate and the impact that a work stoppage would have not only on yourselves but on all of the other Teamster UPS employees, and that if the proposals within the contract are considered to be acceptable to please quickly ratify the contract so that our operations will not be affected. I am in no way asking you to accept terms and conditions which are not acceptable simply to get this resolved but do ask that you remain objective and, if the proposal is acceptable, quickly ratify so that we can move on. Thank you and I apologoize for my earlier statements. Dave.

Dave,
I admit, I was highly offended (on my new best friends' on this thread's behalf), but now you are being polite and apologetic. Is it just me, or does this thread just provide a calm, soothing effect? Almost euphoric!!

ACE

A couple of updates, the MSY mechanic is being worked due to the person who bumped him is on disability and no one had a bid in for MSY.

Don't have to have a bid for MSY if you choose to bump where your seniority will take you. Someone is on the street because they couldn't hold MSY. Why hasn't our great E-board rectified this? Because they are useless. The company should start laying off at will!

I hope everybody that voted for Combine is happy!

Understanding sometimes is not enough to explain something.
Robert Ley

ACE

if the proposal is acceptable, quickly ratify so that we can move on. Thank you and I apologoize for my earlier statements. Dave.

Why thank you Dave, Objectivity is of course very subjective. What seems fair to you may or may not be fair to me.

One of the more serious issues is what is in the contract that has been approved and agreed upon thus far. I'd like to remind everyone that in the past several months a lot of focus has been on wage and benefits. Everybody has forgotten that in most cases work rules can largely in fact be more important and play a much bigger part in quality of life issues.

No telling what Combine has done to the best contract ever signed by any AMT in the universe.

According to Goering and the Luftwaffe High Command, they were supposed to be the fighter elite.
Adolf Galland

D

Dis-organized Labor

Objectivity is, of course, very subjective.

WOW; I like it. It gets me thinking....

Status
Not open for further replies.