Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

unionman

Where did everybody go? We gotta keep this thing rolling.
here you go, chew on this......................
Unions are hoping the National Mediation Board, as guided by the Railway Labor Act, will now be more willing to preside over difficult labor negotiations. In particular, unions would like to see an acceleration in the series of steps that airline and railroad workers must take before the NMB declares a 30-day "cooling off" period, after which workers are free to strike.
"It seems that over the past several years, mediators have been reluctant to get to the (final) stage," said Corey Caldwell, a spokeswoman for the Association of Flight Attendants. "The impact has been to not bring pressure to the corporate side."
In May, Obama nominated Laura Puchala, a former flight attendant and union leader ,to the National Mediation Board, which is responsible for settling disputes between management and labor.
Puchala is one of three board members, but she made her presence felt last month when she supported a change in a rule under the Railway Labor Act that has traditionally favored carriers when workers tried to unionize. Absent voters are currently counted against union membership, but the new rule would simply count them as abstentions, as they are in national elections.
The industry's trade group, the Air Transport Association, came out against the proposed change.

JETDOC

After watching that J.P. video I realized I "found" 100% of my paycheck this week.Thankfully, we should find at least 50% of it after january.

ACE

It doesn't feel fat, I'm busier than hell.

You're either posting at work or your home business is way down. You sure can find time to keep beating us down, must not be too busy.

'Winter, General Winter is coming, and he will force Germany to her knees.' But, unfortunately, the German people are 'winter-proof.' German history has passed through I do not know how many tens of thousands of winters. We will get through this one, too.
-Adolf Hitler

SKYKING BIRDMAN

There is nothing more to say, we are asking the NMB to release us. End of story.
Nice to see you back Unionboy! They must of let you use the computer at the library. I know its your dream that we all join you on the unemployment line, but its not going to happen. According to IBT Airline Director David Bourne the talks are going well and we can expect a agreement in Janurary. So everyone enjoy the Holidays! We are getting paid!!!!!

unionman

Nice to see you back Unionboy! They must of let you use the computer at the library. I know its your dream that we all join you on the unemployment line, but its not going to happen. According to IBT Airline Director David Bourne the talks are going well and we can expect a agreement in Janurary. So everyone enjoy the Holidays! We are getting paid!!!!!
Good job there Chicken little. Attack your laid off co-workers just prior to a strike. Why don't you go have that beer with dis-functional management guy, its obvious your scared of losing your job ***********************.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKYKING BIRDMAN

Good job there Chicken little. Attack your laid off co-workers just prior to a strike. Why don't you go have that beer with dis-functional management guy, its obvious your scared of losing your job ***********************.

Hey Unionboy why you getting mad at me? Just go to Teamster.org and read what IBT Airline Director David Bourne says about our negotiations. Its all good. Quit being so bitter! Attacking fellow Union brothers on a public forum and sending nasty personal messages to everyone is just not nice. After we get our contract in Jan you will get recalled and can again start collecting warning letters. In the time being please try and control youself....you cannot afford to lose the Wally world gig.

BTW- Your invited to my tentitive agreement party Jan 10, 2010 at Stooges, everyone will be there and we can all laugh about how crazy this got!!!

airbusfxr

I will not take a pay cut, pay for health care, give up one penny of retro, or give my work away. Hoffa and Bourne and Combine can either get me a fair contract or we can wait till Oct and Joe will either get one or we will strike next peak. UPS's NDA and Int brought in alot of money last quarter and with the airline making money it is in "the company's" best interest to settle this. I know that Leikites rather deal with Combine but if he keeps dragging his feet, he will meet up with Joe and Jack next Oct.

Last edited:

unionman

I will not take a pay cut, pay for health care, give up one penny of retro, or give my work away. Hoffa and Bourne and Combine can either get me a fair contract or we can wait till Oct and Joe will either get one or we will strike next peak. UPS's NDA and Int brought in alot of money last quarter and with the airline making money it is in "the company's" best interest to settle this. I know that Leikites rather deal with Combine but if he keeps dragging his feet, he will meet up with Joe and Jack next Oct.
Oct? We are settling this now not next year.

airbusfxr

Do you think Leikites and Johnson will settle this? Both of these guys are on Santas naughty list (not the first time either) and would rather try all the tricks instead of giving us a contract. When Rick Barr and Leikites stalled the pilots it took the WSJ and USAToday ads to move them off the stack-0-money in the vault. I have stated before, the pilots left many dollars in the pile and it is ours for payment of all the work we have provided to make sure that customers have on time service commitments. We have helped UPS rake it in now it is time to reward us for our service to our customers.

unionman

Do you think Leikites and Johnson will settle this? Both of these guys are on Santas naughty list (not the first time either) and would rather try all the tricks instead of giving us a contract. When Rick Barr and Leikites stalled the pilots it took the WSJ and USAToday ads to move them off the stack-0-money in the vault. I have stated before, the pilots left many dollars in the pile and it is ours for payment of all the work we have provided to make sure that customers have on time service commitments. We have helped UPS rake it in now it is time to reward us for our service to our customers.
I have to believe that we will be released ,if not this week, soon... Why can't we bring more work inhouse? there moving the 757 s.i.p work out of MAE because of poor workmanship. Well no *****. You get what you pay for, and a bunch of guys that can't speak english can't do a very good job. The funny thing is, they would rather bounce the work from one ***** hole to the next, than to get it done right with some control over it.

D

Dis-organized Labor

You're either posting at work or your home business is way down. You sure can find time to keep beating us down, must not be too busy.

'Winter, General Winter is coming, and he will force Germany to her knees.' But, unfortunately, the German people are 'winter-proof.' German history has passed through I do not know how many tens of thousands of winters. We will get through this one, too.
-Adolf Hitler

Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.