Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYKING BIRDMAN

Hey, where ya' been? I've missed you!
Definitely not a Tech Pubs guy or Wan boy.
I am in the AGB. 2 unit manager. Worked in the sdf operation on and off over the years.
Maybe someday I'll tell you.
So, are you still optimistic about the contract?
Its a done deal, as long as you guys release the hostages! The only possibility that remains is you are a IE dude which is very scary.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Its a done deal, as long as you guys release the hostages! The only possibility that remains is you are a IE dude which is very scary.

No, not IE either. I told you, I have an A&P, 1st Class Radio....
I've been in this business since 1979 when i got out of the service.
Which way is the health care issue going?
I'm curious.

SKYKING BIRDMAN

No, not IE either. I told you, I have an A&P, 1st Class Radio....
I've been in this business since 1979 when i got out of the service.
Which way is the health care issue going?
I'm curious.
We are getting everything we want Dude! Hav'nt you figured that out yet? This is just a game that will soon be over. After the party on 01-10-10 we will start another silly cycle as the struggle continues! Airbusfxr was right all along.

D

Dis-organized Labor

We are getting everything we want Dude! Hav'nt you figured that out yet? This is just a game that will soon be over. After the party on 01-10-10 we will start another silly cycle as the struggle continues! Airbusfxr was right all along.

I guess that "November to Remember" video scared the crap out of the company.
Well, good for you guys then:happy2:
Think Ala will beat Fla? Currently 26-31 Ala in the 3rd

D

Dis-organized Labor

DOL when are you going to release the contract Hostages? Thats the only thing between us and the new contract party at Stooges?

Soon, we have some things that we want to do first

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/friend/f2/Abu-ghraib-leash.jpg/180px-Abu-ghraib-leash.jpg

SKYKING BIRDMAN

The buy out should be like union people, just layoff the partners that are not performing. The shareholders are taking a beating from UPS being top heavy. We have to many chiefs and not enough indians and the stock price shows it. Why pay a group of "deadwood" to retire when we can just lay off or fire. The stock will rise to FDX prices if we can pay people that work. Look at the Air Group bld, we have retired aircraft but no one in the DC8 or 727 work groups were layed off, just moved them over to other groups that were already overstaffed. We are overstaffed with high paid engineers that have their workload reduced to more efficient airliners but none were layed off just moved to other overstaffed groups.

A couple of points you make:
  1. Those that have been laid off were not "performing"?
  2. Laying off people will increase our stock price?
  3. The Engineering group has no more than 60 people in it. How many should we lay off to raise the stock price $30.?
  4. If we are really get rid of the "deadwood" and "underperformers", how come you're still with us?
  5. Are these "efficient" airliners, the MD-11's? The 20+ year old 757's? The super greast A300's? Oh, you must mean the 8 new 744's and two new 767's.

Will you guys please keep this stuff were it belongs! In the THE LOCAL 2727 THREAD! DOL I think Airbusfxr has you by the short hairs. 150 laid off mechs but in you own department there are more WAN boys sitting in GWC than there are line sups in SDF! Less fleet types, less flights, less line and heavy maintenance, less training and no management layoffs! Just admit these layoffs are negotiating tactics and you guys are way overstaffed in management. Its ok I understand your protecting your own! Just do not act like its not happening.

DOL I Just figured it OUT! Your in Enginerring!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
D

Dis-organized Labor

Will you guys please keep this stuff were it belongs! In the THE LOCAL 2727 THREAD! DOL I think Airbusfxr has you by the short hairs. 150 laid off mechs but in you own department there are more WAN boys sitting in GWC than there are line sups in SDF! Less fleet types, less flights, less line and heavy maintenance, less training and no management layoffs! Just admit these layoffs are negotiating tactics and you guys are way overstaffed in management. Its ok I understand your protecting your own! Just do not act like its not happening.

DOL I Just figured it OUT! Your in Enginerring!!!!!!!!!

You're getting warmer....

airbusfxr

Planning and GWC and Eng and Training Org charts could have the bottom half trimmed and we would still be using way to much paper. I just reviewed the latest new charts and only one Mgr has been demoted to the training dept. We have almost one sup per mechanic, unheard of in "the industry". Dysfuntional Manager posts on every thread from washing package cars to admin insurance rate increases, I am just making sure he is not bullying other threads. If he is a "2" unit mgr, how in the world can he budget his time to jack with every thread during peak?

Last edited:

SKYKING BIRDMAN

Planning and GWC and Eng and Training Org charts could have the bottom half trimmed and we would still be using way to much paper. I just reviewed the latest new charts and only one Mgr has been demoted to the training dept. We have almost one sup per mechanic, unheard of in "the industry". Dysfuntional Manager posts on every thread from washing package cars to admin insurance rate increases, I am just making sure he is not bullying other threads. If he is a "2" unit mgr, how in the world can he budget his time to jack with every thread during peak?

Maybe thats DOL's job! Sit in the bowels of the AGB and monitor the BC! DOL please respond to the top heavy management in the airline. Would it not be better if eveyone shared in the sacrafice? 450 managers and supervisors in the airline for 920 mechanics is a bit excessive.

Last edited:

SKYKING BIRDMAN

Thanks for stalking DOL airbusfxr! Someone needs to monitor his activities.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Maybe thats DOL's job! Sit in the bowels of the AGB and monitor the BC! DOL please respond to the top heavy management in the airline. Would it not be better if eveyone shared in the sacrafice? 450 managers and supervisors in the airline for 920 mechanics is a bit excessive.

My job is to produce Green airplanes for the many more people down stream.
I will hammer you to do that unless you grow up and get it done by yourselves.

D

Dis-organized Labor

AIRBUSFKR:

I have asked you this several times; and I will once more.

Why do you think the 2727 Union has ANY input into what UPS (let's slim it down...the Airline) should do and not do??????????
I can educate you about why you think this way, but you and your buddies will never come forward and show who you are.

On a personal note...you post on a few threads and always spew the same Anti-mgmt" stuff.

I, my friend, follow these threads because I like my partners...PC drivers; CACH Feeders'; STUG (Can't forget about #1); Cartage; and of course: Retirees.

So, go blow off...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dis-organized Labor

Can't hear it on this desktop. I have to wait until tomorrow when I am in Engineering and have so much fre time. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.