Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
I hope you don't have any say in decisions with aircraft at UPS........:wink2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Ducker says the 777F will allow FedEx to cut shipping times between the US and Asia by one to three hours. Currently FedEx transpacific services between the continental US and Asia require a fuel stop in Anchorage. The 777 has the range to operate these services non-stop without payload restrictions. Ducker says eventually 777Fs will also be used on direct flights between Europe and Asia.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/09/23/332628/fedex-takes-first-777-freighter.html
Keep reading those press releases. Its great publicity for Fedex but it does not work unless you can find customers willing to pay 250 dollars for a express package. In the real world outside of the internet, Fedex has fully staffed Anc with parts and training along with crew positioning to operate out of Anc. You will see some direct Asia flights, but they will only be flown on days when payloads a low. The 777f is a great aircraft but still falls short of being able to fly direct from Asia without taking significant payload hits. The next gen 777 may do this some day...when that happens gateways like Anchorage will be gone.

unionman

Keep reading those press releases. Its great publicity for Fedex but it does not work unless you can find customers willing to pay 250 dollars for a express package. In the real world outside of the internet, Fedex has fully staffed Anc with parts and training along with crew positioning to operate out of Anc. You will see some direct Asia flights, but they will only be flown on days when payloads a low. The 777f is a great aircraft but still falls short of being able to fly direct from Asia without taking significant payload hits. The next gen 777 may do this some day...when that happens gateways like Anchorage will be gone.
Smith said the aircraft’s longer range will allow the company to provide later pickup times on U.S.-Asia traffic because an interim fuel stop will be eliminated and the large capacity — the freighter has a revenue payload of about 104 metric tons — will lead to route changes on trans-Pacific and Asia-Europe operations.
The Hong Kong and Memphis airports have been the world’s top two cargo airports for several years. Hong Kong, long the world’s busiest international freight airport, reported lengthy delays in October and November after a sudden recovery in Asia exports.
------------------
This is coming straight out of Fred Smiths mouth. I have also heard that we have been leaving revenue in China because the increase in Chinese exports has caught us off guard.
As for the 17 757 aircraft being idled. thats called spare aircraft which UPS has had ever since its beginning.

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
The 17 757 and 4 Md11's will not be operational spares. They will be "idled" at designated gateways to cover big OOS events. They will not be part of the operational plan. Yes they will be spares but not like you are used to seeing.

Forget about the 777, UPS will not buy any new fleet types for a very long time.

unionman

The 17 757 and 4 Md11's will not be operational spares. They will be "idled" at designated gateways to cover big OOS events. They will not be part of the operational plan. Yes they will be spares but not like you are used to seeing.

Forget about the 777, UPS will not buy any new fleet types for a very long time.
Why are we leasing DC8s out?

airbusfxr

Fogman I have seen every type of spares you can see. Tell us more from your view from the AGB or Mumbai. The FAA will not allow hot, cold, short term, long term storage, spare, without some type of paper. If you cannot I figure Dysfuntional Manager knows.

Last edited:

JETDOC

This is boring, I want cookdaddy, skyking, dol, ace, unionboy and airbus to start mixing it up again. Skyking call cheryl, tell her your sorry and that you will drop one of your alias's.

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
This is boring, I want cookdaddy, skyking, dol, ace, unionboy and airbus to start mixing it up again. Skyking call cheryl, tell her your sorry and that you will drop one of your alias's.
Its to bad everyone in Aircraft Maintenance seems to hate one another. Remember people like Dis-Organized labor are products of their enviroment and hatred has become second nature to them. Maybe someday we can come together and work for a common good.

Remember the way to overcome the angry man is with gentleness, the evil man with goodness, the miser with generosity and the liar with truth.

Obi-Wan

Its to bad everyone in Aircraft Maintenance seems to hate one another. Maybe someday we can come together and work for a common good.

Remember the way to overcome the angry man is with gentleness, the evil man with goodness, the miser with generosity and the liar with truth.

Aircraft Mechanics don't hate each other, after going over 3 years without a contract, the anger is towards UPS mangement that has no conscience. "Remember the way to overcome the angry man is with gentleness", if only that worked with UPS, but unfortunately they only take advantage of the gentle man...

poiuy

Aircraft Mechanics don't hate each other, after going over 3 years without a contract, the anger is towards UPS mangement that has no conscience. "Remember the way to overcome the angry man is with gentleness", if only that worked with UPS, but unfortunately they only take advantage of the gentle man...

What he's saying is that there is a cycle, pattern, culture of hate and negativity and retribution that is unproductive and damaging to both the company as a whole and the individuals who practice / endure it. Hurtful act (November to remember) begets hurtful act (firings and warning letters). Both sides blame the other and neither is willing to compromise or act in good faith. Hate and negativity spreads like a cancer and will eventually lead to the end of our livelihoods. We can't compete with our competition if we're focused on destroying eachother. Because of UPS's historic success and vast network it will take a while, but you can see the damage already done.

Fur-low

What he's saying is that there is a cycle, pattern, culture of hate and negativity and retribution that is unproductive and damaging to both the company as a whole and the individuals who practice / endure it. Hurtful act (November to remember) begets hurtful act (firings and warning letters). Both sides blame the other and neither is willing to compromise or act in good faith. Hate and negativity spreads like a cancer and will eventually lead to the end of our livelihoods. We can't compete with our competition if we're focused on destroying eachother. Because of UPS's historic success and vast network it will take a while, but you can see the damage already done.

So True. No one likes working at UPS......anymore. I liked it at one time

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
Lets hope for a productive negotiations this week so we can all live in peace. Remember do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind in the present moment. Do not overrate what you have recieved, Nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.

UPSSOCKS

Quit, oh that's right you can't.. Always remember you need UPS more than UPS needs you. That door where you walk in everyday swings both ways. If your so unhappy do something about it.

705red

Browncafe Steward
That's exactly what has turned alot of people against you and your fight for your contract! That kind of inbreed in fighting with quotes from Hitler does not help you to get your point across! I gave up reading this thread because of many of these posts.

You 2727 mechanics have a huge fight on your hands and many of us want nothing more than to help you, but they way you have represented yourselves on this site is an embarrassment!

I really hope none of you are on the negotiating committee.

With that said your fight is our fight and if UPS gets you to pay your medical, we in small package will be next! If you want our support start acting like grown men and women! Because we want to support you, but all this bickering back and forth has hurt you! Stand tall for what you want!

But do it respectfully, remember customers also read this site and without them none of us will have a job, I now UPS might not care as much about the service anymore, but we the employees continue to provide far better service than any other competitor hands down!

FOGMAN

Ranji Batsman
That's exactly what has turned alot of people against you and your fight for your contract! That kind of inbreed in fighting with quotes from Hitler does not help you to get your point across! I gave up reading this thread because of many of these posts.

You 2727 mechanics have a huge fight on your hands and many of us want nothing more than to help you, but they way you have represented yourselves on this site is an embarrassment!

With that said your fight is our fight and if UPS gets you to pay your medical, we in small package will be next! If you want our support start acting like grown men and women! Because we want to support you, but all this bickering back and forth has hurt you! Stand tall for what you want!

But do it respectfully, remember customers also read this site and without them none of us will have a job, I now UPS might not care as much about the service anymore, but we the employees continue to provide far better service than any other competitor hands down!
There is nothing so eloquent as a rattlesnake's tail. Lets hope 2727 takes the path of truth and settles their contract.

ups767mech

Well said 705. The exact reason I stopped posting on this thread. Some of the folks on here are an embarrassment to our profession.

JETDOC

Its to bad everyone in Aircraft Maintenance seems to hate one another. Remember people like Dis-Organized labor are products of their enviroment and hatred has become second nature to them. Maybe someday we can come together and work for a common good.

So true Fogwoman, we need to get in touch with our feelings.

unionman

Are you kidding me? The real embarrassment is the management culture at UPS. Sure we have some fighting on here between AMT's, but that has more to do with the next election and politics, not how most mechanics are. I have to admit that the Hitler stuff is way out of line but its a free country and that's his prerogotive.
As for dysfunctional manager and UPSUCKS, how did these people become managers? There the real problem at UPS and if they are not weeded out this company will surely destroy itself.

UPSSOCKS

Are you kidding me? The real embarrassment is the management culture at UPS. Sure we have some fighting on here between AMT's, but that has more to do with the next election and politics, not how most mechanics are. I have to admit that the Hitler stuff is way out of line but its a free country and that's his prerogotive.
As for dysfunctional manager and UPSUCKS, how did these people become managers? There the real problem at UPS and if they are not weeded out this company will surely destroy itself.

Amazing the company will survive another 100 years with your input. I just have one question. Who ever said that the company had problems? Because you said "the real problem is blah blah blah..." Why do all of the union workers think UPS has problems. To me everything is fine. You know stock is down but stocks have been going up and down for years. We didn't get raises last year, but neither did alot of companies. I don't think UPS has any problems. So why are the teamsters always coming up with solutions to UPS's problems if they don't really have any....

Status
Not open for further replies.